UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The fight that nobody talks about

4/15/12 4:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When watching either Evans/Jones Primetime or Rashad/Jones on a talk show I can't remember which one, but Rashad said to Jones, "I've lost one time, and I don't ever want to lose again in my life".

That didn't sit well with me. Rashad may have "one" loss on his "record", but Rashad has lost 3 times in my opinion, Tito, Bisping, and Lyoto.

Against Tito, Rashad was gifted a decision draw due to an arguable point deduction against Tito for grabbing the fence. IIRC, Tito didn't get a warning and got an immediate point deduction. Regardless, one infraction which may or may not have justafiably taken a point away, is not nearly as bad as hurtful as a low blow, illegal knee, downward elbow, etc... Tito may be my least liked fighter, but I give Tito credit in that fight.

Rewatched Bisping vs Rashad. I will say rd 1 was close but I'm okay with giving it to Rashad. Round 2 wasn'nt as close and that goes to Bisping. Rashad tried most the round to get a takedown which many times he was unsuccessful. Rashad worked hard, only to have Bisping pop up or sweep him. Bisping was pressing forward the majority of the round, and fight. Roiund 3 was a little closer than rd 2, but this is the controversial round which I think the judges made the mistake in giving it to Rashad. Rashad did land some punches via ground and pound, but none were damaging or knockout power punches.

I like Rashad as a person. At this moment in time, I'm slightly rooting for him against Jones. But for Rashad to act like he's been humbled and is this "humbled" fighter, I don't think he should be shootin off at the mouth stating he has "one" loss on his record. Considering what he's accomplished, I wouldn't be gloating about officially having 1 loss.
4/15/12 4:13 PM
D241

And I'm guilty as many of you are of not likeing Bisping.

I was arguably the most jubilant I've ever been for any fight when Dan landed the H-bomb against Bisping.

But imo, Bisping doesn't get enough respect in the mw division. His fight at 205 against Rashad showed a lot of heart, as well as skill, and I admire Bisping as a fighter.
4/15/12 4:15 PM
sparkuri

Agreed. I thought Bisping won on MY judging criteria.
4/15/12 4:17 PM
D241

And to this day, NOBODY talks about Rashad Evan's belly tickling fetish.
4/15/12 4:29 PM
DABJJ BEN

Nobody talks about that fight because Rashad's skills are far and away better than they were then. At that point he was mostly just a wrestler. I don't consider it because when looking at the Rashad of today because its not really a fair comparison. Phone Post
4/15/12 11:09 PM
D241

Lol, I should've named this thread, "The fight that nobody WANTS to talk about".

Let's make this thread about many fights, not just that one.

Fight #2

Kalib Starnes gets an exciting victory against....Chris Leban.
4/21/12 1:40 AM
D241

http://mmaversus.com/2011/07/12/michael-bisping-vs-rashad-evans-fight-video-ufc-78/
1/28/13 7:34 PM
D241

ttt in hopes of Lil Nog resurrecting his career!!

1/28/13 7:41 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

I believe there is no warning for a fence grab if the Ref feels that it was the sole prevention of a clear TD.

Not a Tito or a Rashad fan, but I remember that fence grab being BAD and agreed about the point...

1/28/13 7:43 PM
subwrassler
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah well bisbing lost to hamill and was given the win....so, it happens.

alot
1/28/13 10:09 PM
KurtIce

I thought that was thiago silva in the pic Phone Post
1/28/13 10:15 PM
jacktripper

Say what you will about bis ping he beat rashad... Karma for the hammel fight Phone Post
1/28/13 10:24 PM
D241

Bisping lost to Hamill, but was awarded the win.

Rashad drawed against Tito and should've lost, but was awarded the win vs Bisping.

So if Bisping and Rashad have evened up their kharma, and Matt Hamill evened up his kharma with a win against Jones even though he lost, does this mean Jon Jones will be involved in a controversial decision that he should lose but will win? To even things out?

1/28/13 10:36 PM
Trollgrude11
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

Rashad drawed against Tito and should've lost, but was awarded the win vs Bisping.

So if Bisping and Rashad have evened up their kharma, and Matt Hamill evened up his kharma with a win against Jones even though he lost, does this mean Jon Jones will be involved in a controversial decision that he should lose but will win? To even things out?

My eyes have been opened. Phone Post
1/28/13 10:45 PM
Jaybrone
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jacktripper -  Say what you will about bis ping he beat rashad... Karma for the hammel fight Phone Post

The Rashad Bisping fight was at least close. Hammil is one of the worst robberies of all time imo.

1/28/13 10:47 PM
Jaybrone
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trollgrude11 - 
D241 -

My eyes have been opened. Phone Post

1/28/13 11:39 PM
sparkuri

I thought it was a younger JDS !
And was about to commit mma encyclocide. Phone Post
1/28/13 11:55 PM
lenz0799

I think this is a bad fight for hashad. Hashad isn't the same fighter, but neither is bisping. I don't think hashads stand up is enough to handle bisping, and bispings TDD is amazing these days. I dislike both fighters personally, but I think Bisping takes the decision.

What makes it interesting is hashads power could always end the fight, when pings only going to win a decision. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.