UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Report: 'The Smashes' TUF Aus. vs. UK in September

4/16/12 10:32 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

With an official announcement for the Australia vs UK, The Ultimate Fighter series drawing closer FightBulletin.net can reveal exclusively that the show is expected to air on TV in September of 2012 with an official schedule for the show likely to be released inside the next 30 days.

At the UFC on FUEL TV 2 post fight press conference in Stockholm, Sweden UK Bantamweight Brad Pickett mentioned that he would be interested in coaching a TUF team with White replying, “you just might buddy.”

Before any official announcement is made the UFC bosses must iron out a couple of details that the UFC’s Marshall Zelaznik revealed exclusively to FightBulletin.net on Saturday night in Sweden.

The major decision for UFC official’s to make is whether it will be a UK team or an England only team facing off against Australia in the show titled ‘The Smashes’.

Providing it’s an UK team, Northern Ireland fighters will also be allowed to audition.

Read entire article...

The name 'The Smashes' is presumably a play on the UK vs. Australia Cricket series 'The Ashes'.

4/16/12 10:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
random_perv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No live format? Phone Post
4/16/12 11:08 AM
Elvis
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will most likely be similar to UFC Brazil happening at the moment. I would think the Live shows will remain in the US and the international shows will be pre-recorded. Sounds awesome though. Can't wait for this. Got to find a way to be involved!
4/16/12 11:12 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully we finally get a Scottish person in the UFC...
4/16/12 11:12 AM
McBottery

Yes.  Yes I will need subtitles for this.
4/16/12 11:17 AM
Chris27

Thats cool, probably will be big in Australia and the UK.

Wonder what they will do with coaches, they want Pickett but you dont have any Australian FW.

Will they just take G Sot or Noke and have them coach but not have the coaches fight each other?
4/16/12 11:24 AM
random_muppett
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - Hopefully we finally get a Scottish person in the UFC...
Get John Cullen in there..... Phone Post
4/16/12 11:29 AM
GroundStPound

Pearson/G-Sot Phone Post
4/16/12 11:34 AM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundStPound - Pearson/G-Sot Phone Post
Pearson is at FW now.

When this was rumoured originally they said Bisping would be doing it, I don't really see how he could be given his previous TUF involvement though. Phone Post
4/16/12 11:34 AM
myee8
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundStPound -  Pearson/G-Sot Phone Post
I like this. The only other one i can think of if Noke/Bisping, but even as an aussie it makes no sense in that it's a step down for Bisping at this stage.
4/16/12 11:39 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way Bisping does a third season of TUF. Phone Post
4/16/12 11:42 AM
MarcVanBas

'The Ashes' is England v Australia btw not the uk, just to clear that up.
4/16/12 11:51 AM
UGCTT_thebroonies
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get this on Sky!! Primetime slot as well.

The UK audience would watch tiddlywinks if it involves UK v Oz. Perfect chance to further grow the sport. Phone Post
4/16/12 12:05 PM
MMALOGIC

random_perv -  No live format? Phone Post

The live format has been a failure... I expect the US version to go back to the taped format. 
4/16/12 12:15 PM
cq_Beven
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoever the coaches are they need to bring a shit ton of wrestlers - biggest weakness on both sides. Phone Post
4/16/12 12:20 PM
cq_Beven
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcVanBas - 'The Ashes' is England v Australia btw not the uk, just to clear that up.
They might aswell open it up for the kiwis then - its not like they will get their own season any time soon. And they hate the poms just as much. Lol Phone Post
4/16/12 12:37 PM
45forever
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give any Scottish prospective fighter a bottle of b fast before a fight an there you have your future champ! Phone Post
4/16/12 12:48 PM
InspiritMick

They'll never pass the pre fight medical, blood pressure will be too high from the mountain of salt you lot put on your food Phone Post
4/16/12 12:49 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

45forever -
Give any Scottish prospective fighter a bottle of b fast before a fight an there you have your future champ! Phone Post
His entrance music will be Gary Mceff's "Ahh Ahh Ahh" and he will be wearing a Lacoste Trackie. Phone Post
4/16/12 12:50 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

InspiritMick -
They'll never pass the pre fight medical, blood pressure will be too high from the mountain of salt you lot put on your food Phone Post
I don't put any salt on any of my food.

It's something i've never done really. Don't see the need in adding salt to anything. Phone Post
4/16/12 12:54 PM
McBottery

MMALOGIC - 
random_perv -  No live format? Phone Post

The live format has been a failure... I expect the US version to go back to the taped format. 

Only reason it has been a failure, imo, is because it's on Friday nights.  I don't know whos idea that was, but they should be fired.
4/16/12 1:22 PM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

butters 209 - Hathaway vs ebersole???

Maguire vs ebersole??? Phone Post
Nah, they're both nice guys, not interesting. Phone Post
4/16/12 2:01 PM
epwar
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll kill them if they give another TUF season to Bisping.
4/16/12 2:24 PM
undisputed1972

As a Pickett fan I'd watch a few episodes but TUF is extremely tedious now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.