UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: Evans trained w/ a kid, now he fights a man

4/16/12 12:28 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The talk will all come to a close on April 21 at UFC 145 in Atlanta, but has the talk and the mind games already been overblown as the two fighters head into the bout?

“I believe so yeah,” UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones answered when asked that very question on MMAWeekly Radio. “I think Rashad’s the one playing into it more than some of the fans. Like he’s always attacking my personality, Jon’s fake, Jon’s cocky, and I’m not really here to judge who Rashad is as a person. I could really care less who Rashad is as a person.

“Ultimately I’m here not to make new friends, but to provide for my family, so that’s why I’m here. I actually like the fact that he’s so focused on my character and things cause I’m sitting here focusing on tactics, focusing on the love of martial arts, not the hatred for Rashad Evans.”

“It doesn’t matter that we trained together, absolutely not,” said Jones. “I think I benefited a lot training with him, I think he has some benefits training with me, but I think it’s funny everyone’s saying ‘Rashad’s going to be the guy because he has Jon’s number and he knows the way to beat Jon.’ I don’t think people really give me credit for my intelligence, or if they think I’m a great athlete who gets lucky, I don’t know what their thinking is.”

“I’m a very intelligent guy, and everything that Rashad thinks he remembers, I remember so much, and I’m going to use everything that I remember. I feel equally if not more empowered that I used to train with Rashad. I’ll admit in 2010 he was a little bit better of a fighter than me, stronger. If you watch my fights, I was so skinny when I first got to the UFC, I didn’t really have to cut weight. So he was a little better than me, stronger than me, in 2010 when he talks about the time he actually held me down,” Jones admitted.

“Fact is in 2011 when I was training for the Ryan Bader fight it was a complete different story. Something switched in 2011 in me and I’ve been finishing fights ever since. I think he’s going to realize, I’m not the 2010 little kid. It’s 2012 now and I’m an adult, and I’m the one that believes whole heartedly, and trains a lot different than I trained in 2010.”

read entire article...

4/16/12 12:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
forrestfan
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Underground Blog - The talk will all come to a close on April 21 at UFC 145 in Atlanta

Thank god.
4/16/12 12:45 PM
chawkins
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love nothing more than for Rashad to lay a hospital-class beating on Jones. But it's not going to happen. Jones is on some next shit.
4/16/12 12:48 PM
UGCTT_Suess
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*doesn't want to hear any more from Jon Jones*

*clicks every link and interview with his name in it*
4/16/12 12:52 PM
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon Jones is right. Rashad is going to have a rude awakening. Phone Post
4/16/12 1:05 PM
Granpa
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not going to say Rashad has no chance because in MMA, anything could happen, but Rashad's chances are very, very slim. He better hope Jones comes down with the flu and crabs, and sprains his leg, and gets food poisoning the night before the fight.
4/16/12 1:14 PM
ALL DAY JAY
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad is going to get wrecked.
4/16/12 1:14 PM
Kimbos Bread
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chawkins - I would love nothing more than for Rashad to lay a hospital-class beating on Jones. But it's not going to happen. Jones is on some next shit.

This

Jones = douchebag
4/16/12 1:15 PM
Garv
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RearNakedJoke.com, Nick Diaz's Supplier
 Both guys want this so bad, it has to be a great fight. 
4/16/12 1:15 PM
figure four

both are cocky...but jones deserves the beating...
4/16/12 4:38 PM
Atomac
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope Hashad wins but I don't care either way as long as either of em don't stay champion for long.
4/16/12 5:19 PM
DamirioN
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I could really care less who Rashad is as a person."

*sigh* Phone Post
4/16/12 5:24 PM
Acidic

does ever not come off cocky?

hope Rashad blasts him to pieces with a nice straight right

4/16/12 7:16 PM
swany

Looking at who jones has beat and with ease , if he loses this week is he in the category of a champ that would recieve instant rematch
4/16/12 7:26 PM
UGCTT_slugshot331
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evans is training with Dolphins and shit, he's more than ready for a mere man.

Unless JBJ is, dare I say, a MER-MAN. In which case, Rashad is fucked. ;( Phone Post
4/17/12 11:29 AM
kulraven

In other words:

"When we met last I was the learner, now I AM THE MASTER!"
4/17/12 12:14 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfortunately, no matter what happens I fear the shit talking will continue. Phone Post
4/17/12 12:50 PM
Dedicated1

Holy JESUS I hope Rashad cah-rushes Jon Jones. "hospital class beating". awesome.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.