UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> Grapplers Quest Toronto (June23rd) Superfights?!?!

4/17/12 6:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BALEIA
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing to see that the tournament is more than 2 months away and people are already registering. I think this will be the best Grapplers Quest event to date with local Canadian promoters working hand in hand with the GQ crew.
To Register go to:
http://grapplingontario.com/Register/GQ2012TO/Index.asp

That being said, I have been brought in to help get some super fights together. So, you guys tell me who you would think would make a good super fight. Please keep in mind, past super fights when you are making suggestions. The intention is to try and get Canadas top Grapplers, to either compete against each other, or some of Grapplers Quest and the UFCs top guys. Past Canadian Grapplers Quest Super fights have included:

*Joao Assis X Saulo Ribeiro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UWYYiIJIWI

*Misha Circunov X Nolan Dutcher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOGY1NJ42mg

*Ryan Hall X Jorge Britto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74zCRLzXJf0

*Diego Sanchez X Andrew McInnes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXdlYeBv0OA

The Superfights will be filmed and aired on Grapplers Quest TV show with Fight Now TV in the USA. So, tell us who you think should do this. Thanks in advance for the ideas
4/17/12 11:17 PM
centralmma
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My buddy Daniel Valverde would be interested in fighting. He has a lot of affiliate schools Ontario.

*Daniel Valverde vs Vinny Magalhaes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf5_LEH5ekw

*Daniel Valverde vs Enrico Cocco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21NSO2boIrw

Shoot me an email or call and I'll give you his contact information: centralmma@gmail.com or 519-987-3772
4/18/12 9:22 AM
BALEIA
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What weight does Daniel compete at? That would be interesting to have him against a top Canadian grappler.
4/19/12 12:11 AM
centralmma
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He used to compete at 170lbs. 185lbs would be fine for this one-- he's a full time coach now.
4/19/12 6:21 AM
behzad
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mendes bros any chance ? Phone Post
4/19/12 1:14 PM
BALEIA

Which Mendes Bros and against who? Also Gi or No Gi?
4/22/12 7:59 PM
oyeguey

It would be great to see guys like Rob Dicenso, Andrew McCinnes and Jorge Britto fight top international guys.
4/23/12 10:24 AM
BALEIA

Exactly oyeguey. I have reached out to 2 of the guys you listed already and I'm gonna see if the 3rd is up for it.
4/23/12 12:20 PM
centralmma

Andrew M. vs Daniel V would be an exciting match.
4/23/12 4:46 PM
KrazyRussian

Let's get Monkey back on the mats.
4/25/12 2:35 PM
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bocek vs Valverde rubber match?
4/25/12 6:26 PM
centralmma

Daniel is certainly game for another match with Mark-- but I just got off the phone with him and we realized that weekend he's already committed to cornering one of his fighters for Strikeforce. Sorry guys, my bad for not double checking the dates.
4/25/12 6:27 PM
behzad

BALEIA - Which Mendes Bros and against who? Also Gi or No Gi?
Both and nogi !

Have them face top toronto or canada guys. Phone Post
4/25/12 10:36 PM
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rafa vs dudu?
4/26/12 10:25 AM
tapciv

Not many guys in the world that can hang with Rafa. Which top guy from Canada is going to give a decent match? Same with Gui. I'd love to see them but not much competition around - except if they fight each other..lol.

Caio Terra was rumored to be coming in June right? How about him?

Keenan v. McInnes would be sick. Any of the local blackbelts mentioned would be awesome as well.
4/26/12 10:36 AM
thats g

amir yawafi must be considered for this.
4/26/12 12:11 PM
Dougie
1108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/26/12 12:11 PM
I was amazed at first that there were this many dirtrollers in Ontario that they would all want to get together in their jammies and pillowfight.

Then I remembered that this was in Toronto, Mecca for "alternative lifestyle" in Ontario.

- Angry Dutch
4/26/12 12:52 PM
thats g

thanks for that dougie, whats your point?
4/26/12 1:04 PM
aguzzi
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KrazyRussian - Let's get Monkey back on the mats.

I'd love a roll with Monkey, he was there before I was and I think he's pretty good.
4/26/12 1:54 PM
BALEIA

Ok so here are some updates to help you guys with the suggestions, which I love by the way.

-Andre McInnes cannot compete

-I would love to have Bocek in, but i'm not sure if he would be allowed as the UFC has strict policies regarding this

-What do you guys think about Daniel Verdade X Jorge Britto?
Would be a cool Toronto BJJ X Toronto No Gi theme

-I will try to see if either Mendes can do it. However, it might not be possible as they are planning on an event at that time in California

-Monkey has relocated to Sudbury. Can someone tell me a way to get ahold of him as I think he would be great to see

-Amir against who?

-I want to keep the matches No Gi as they tend to be a little more exciting

-I'd rather not deal with Caio Terra guys. Sorry. I think he is an amazing competitor however we cannot afford steroid testing or his other demands which he will most likely as of

-Jeff Glover cannot attend :( sorry I asked him a lonnnng time ago

4/26/12 1:56 PM
BALEIA

-I think another great possibility would be to have Fernando Vieira, who recently just moved to Toronto to teach at Evolucao Thai. Reason being, he is a black belt mundial champion and just won the Abu Dhabi Pro Worlds. Maybe him against Monkey or Shane Rice

4/26/12 2:01 PM
BALEIA

-What about Dennis Kang?
4/26/12 2:36 PM
Dougie
1108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats g - thanks for that dougie, whats your point?

That's not me! That's "Angry Dutch!"

- Dougie
4/26/12 3:45 PM
thats g

^^^^^^^^^^^^ k
if no-gi only, darson, miesha, mike diaz.
4/26/12 5:53 PM
tapciv

-I'd rather not deal with Caio Terra guys. Sorry. I think he is an amazing competitor however we cannot afford steroid testing or his other demands which he will most likely as of

Sad really. I thought that was just him being outspoken about the whole thing rather than actually making demands. If he is in the area anyways at the time it would be a shame to not entertain the idea but oh well.

+1 for Fernando Vieira.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.