UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> Grapplers Quest Toronto (June23rd) Superfights?!?!

4/27/12 10:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KrazyRussian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BALEIA - -I think another great possibility would be to have Fernando Vieira, who recently just moved to Toronto to teach at Evolucao Thai. Reason being, he is a black belt mundial champion and just won the Abu Dhabi Pro Worlds. Maybe him against Monkey or Shane Rice

+1
4/30/12 1:43 PM
thats g
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

amir Vs dan simmler, a gq vet and black belt under matt serra.
5/2/12 7:10 PM
Fight Planet

ttt
5/15/12 10:41 AM
Fight Planet

ttt
5/19/12 10:31 PM
Evolucao

Edited: 05/22/12 3:06 PM

6/2/12 2:41 PM
BALEIA
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SATURDAY June 23rd, 2012
GRAPPLERS QUEST RETURNS TO TORONTO THIS SUMMER!
NEW! - Pre-Register Before June 19th and You Automatically Enter a Draw To Win an Oma Plata Gi
Courtesy of Hatashita International

Get ready to roll at the worlds largest Grappling event this summer as Grapplers Quest returns to Toronto after last years 2011 - UFC Debut - Grapplers Quest Championships.
PRIZES INCLUDE:

•Four (4) trips to the UFC - Grapplers Quest Championships (July 6-7) at the prestigious MANDALAY BAY in Sunny Las Vegas

•15 Free entries to the UFC - Grapplers Quest Championships in Las Vegas

•Custom Belts for Advanced, Black Belt, and Absolute Champions

•4.5" custom medalions for Gold, Silver, and Bronze

•Advanced and Black Belt Champions compete for free at any Grapplers Quest Championships in 2012

•Hatashita International presents seven (7) Oma Plata Gi give away (Updated June 1st, 2012)

With over 250 divisions on 12 regulation mats, this years Grapplers Quest Toronto will set the stage for you to showcase your skill. This event expands to include divisions for BJJ, Nogi Grappling, Wrestling, and Judo. BJJ and Grappling competition will also include Youth, Men's, Women's, Executive, and Master's divisions.

COACHES-VIP:
•Coaches get a FREE PASS and MEALS by Boston Pizza (Updated June 1st, 2012)

•Must sign-up at http://www.grapplingontario.com in the "Coaches Corner" Box!

•Limited to 2 Coaches per Club

•Coaches will be verified prior to the event!
SUPERFIGHTS: (Updated June 1st, 2012)
•Sam Osman (Schilling BJJ) Vs Ryan Keller (Ronin MMA)
•Dainis Ng (Schilling BJJ) Vs David Garmo (Warior Way Martial Arts)

A power house of Sponsors will support this years event including:
•Tapout
•Gaspari Nutrition
•VVV Fight Co
•Zebra Mats
•Street Soldier
•Vicious Clothing
•Fight Planet
•Pecker'd Services
•Hatashita International
•Reevo
•Grapplers Planet
•SplitDraw
•Everlast
•Brass Knuckle Therapy
•Body By Vi (Updated June 1st, 2012)
•Boston Pizza (Updated June 1st, 2012)
•SportsXpress & more... (Updated June 1st, 2012)
Mark your calendars... The World of Martial Arts unites at the Brampton Soccer Center on June 23rd!!!
6/8/12 2:34 PM
kimuraru

tapciv - 

-I'd rather not deal with Caio Terra guys. Sorry. I think he is an amazing competitor however we cannot afford steroid testing or his other demands which he will most likely as of

Sad really. I thought that was just him being outspoken about the whole thing rather than actually making demands. If he is in the area anyways at the time it would be a shame to not entertain the idea but oh well.

+1 for Fernando Vieira.

It was him just being outspoken, he never made demands this year for the worlds and said if there was not testing this year he would not fight. He did fight

And I hardly belive he would ask for testing at a grapplers quest tourny. Did he ask for testing against glover ? ? No

But at the end of the day is it rilly a bad thing for a guy to ask for the guys or guy hes fighting to be clean ? It almost seems like it is =[

Im sure 80-90% of the guys out there would agree that hes for sure outspoken about not liking guys using roids and not liking that in his sport. But based on the facts hes never demanded testing before any of his fight before and said that he would not fight if there was not testing so for someone to say that it is a little out there.

But like my pops would always say "Opinions are like assholes everyones got one" =]
6/8/12 2:40 PM
kimuraru

Oh yea P.s He will doing seminars in Aug here and in Montreal. And he has said that he would like to do the tournament the week after in Montreal =] Im 99% sure he will compete and not ask for testing for this one =] But if you would like to see him fight here in Canada or even ask him your self about his stand on Drugs and competing you will have your chance =]

Take care
6/8/12 5:23 PM
BALEIA
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys, check out the recent BJJ Addict podcast. I was honored to be a guest on the show where we talked about Grapplers Quest, Mundials and more.
Thanks to the guys at BJJ ADDICT for helping out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzEHE_eiuiM
6/10/12 2:51 PM
tapciv

kimuraru  - It was him just being outspoken, he never made demands this year for the worlds and said if there was not testing this year he would not fight. He did fight

And I hardly belive he would ask for testing at a grapplers quest tourny. Did he ask for testing against glover ? ? No

But at the end of the day is it rilly a bad thing for a guy to ask for the guys or guy hes fighting to be clean ? It almost seems like it is =[

Im sure 80-90% of the guys out there would agree that hes for sure outspoken about not liking guys using roids and not liking that in his sport. But based on the facts hes never demanded testing before any of his fight before and said that he would not fight if there was not testing so for someone to say that it is a little out there.

But like my pops would always say "Opinions are like assholes everyones got one" =]

The post I was responding to said they would not be able to have him compete because of the demands he would likely have. If he would not have those demands then that is a different story.

He is not in a position to make demands for Worlds like he would be in a position to at an event like a GQ. Sure he could boycott the event but like he said - he needs to be there because the top competitors are there. Until top level guys like Caio start boycotting the event, nothing will change. I certainly respect and agree with a lot of what Caio has to say about the IBJJF. I am all for the outspoken part!

When I made the post you quoted, it was before the Glover fight and we would have had no way to know if there was going to be demands or not. The post I was referring to at the time said likely demands - if there would not be any then it does not matter. I'd be surprised to see a guy ask for testing at a GQ as well, but the poster close to the event figured it was a possibility.

I agree, it is not crazy to want to have an opponent who is clean but at the same time the promoter of a realitively small event is not in a position to test for one super fight. What is the promoter going to do? Have pre fight testing because it does not make a difference post fight - even if one guy is caught - what are the consequences for testing positive at a GQ super fight?

If Caio has never made demands (steroid testing or otherwise) outside of monetary - which is common and acceptable for an event like this then that is more than fair enough. At the time it was rumored Caio was coming in June so it seemed to make sense to have him at the GQ and compete. Now it is August so it does not make much sense anyways. If the notion that he would have demands (beyond monetary) is unfounded then fair enough. The post you quoted said I was originally under the impression that he was just outspoken and nothing more.

Would be cool to see him compete in Montreal and I look forward to his seminar. Will he be avaliable for privates here at all or is it a come and go thing?
6/11/12 2:31 AM
kimuraru

tapciv - 
kimuraru  - It was him just being outspoken, he never made demands this year for the worlds and said if there was not testing this year he would not fight. He did fight

And I hardly believe he would ask for testing at a grapplers quest tourny. Did he ask for testing against glover ? ? No

But at the end of the day is it really a bad thing for a guy to ask for the guys or guy hes fighting to be clean ? It almost seems like it is =[

The post I was responding to said they would not be able to have him compete because of the demands he would likely have. If he would not have those demands then that is a different story.

He is not in a position to make demands for Worlds like he would be in a position to at an event like a GQ. Sure he could boycott the event but like he said - he needs to be there because the top competitors are there. Until top level guys like Caio start boycotting the event, nothing will change. I certainly respect and agree with a lot of what Caio has to say about the IBJJF. I am all for the outspoken part!

When I made the post you quoted, it was before the Glover fight and we would have had no way to know if there was going to be demands or not. The post I was referring to at the time said likely demands - if there would not be any then it does not matter. I'd be surprised to see a guy ask for testing at a GQ as well, but the poster close to the event figured it was a possibility.

I agree, it is not crazy to want to have an opponent who is clean but at the same time the promoter of a realitively small event is not in a position to test for one super fight. What is the promoter going to do? Have pre fight testing because it does not make a difference post fight - even if one guy is caught - what are the consequences for testing positive at a GQ super fight?

If Caio has never made demands (steroid testing or otherwise) outside of monetary - which is common and acceptable for an event like this then that is more than fair enough. At the time it was rumored Caio was coming in June so it seemed to make sense to have him at the GQ and compete. Now it is August so it does not make much sense anyways. If the notion that he would have demands (beyond monetary) is unfounded then fair enough. The post you quoted said I was originally under the impression that he was just outspoken and nothing more.

Would be cool to see him compete in Montreal and I look forward to his seminar. Will he be avaliable for privates here at all or is it a come and go thing?

My response to your message was not to you =] I was agreeing with you.

As for privates you would have to ask the guys running it in Montreal. It would be at there gym so I could not speak on there mat time.

Take care
6/18/12 11:23 AM
BALEIA

PLEASE NOTE:
1. A friendly reminder to pre-registered competitors who have not yet paid online, please complete the registration process with an online payment to secure the pre-registration benefits!!

2. Due to high competitor pre-registrations, Grapplers Quest Toronto will commence at 9:00am in order to finish on time. Please complete your pre-registrations online and help us save processing time at the venue!

COMPETITION SCHEDULE (Updated: June 11th, 2012)
For Friday June 22nd, 2012 at Brampton Soccer Centre:
Day-Before Weigh-Ins take place between 4:00pm - 8:30pm

For Saturday June 23rd, 2012 at Brampton Soccer Centre:
6:30 am - Day-Of Weigh-Ins begin
9:00 am - Youth age group, Women, Executive, Masters - all skill levels - NOGI competiton begins
10:00 am - Youth age group - all belt levels - BJJ competition begins
11:00 am - Mens - Advanced & Intermediate skill level - NOGI competition begins
12:00 pm - Superfights / Lunch
12:30 pm - Mens - Beginner & Novice skill level - NOGI - competition begins
2:00 pm - Women, Executive, Masters - all belt levels - BJJ competition begins
3:00 pm - Mens - Purple, Brown, Black belt levels - BJJ competition begins
4:00 pm - Mens - White & Blue belt levels - BJJ competition begins
6:00 pm - All Wrestling and Judo Divisions begin

COMPETITION ITINERARY (Division Mat Assignments) - Available Here...

PLEASE NOTE: All competitors must weigh-in one (1) hour prior to their Division start time listed above

COMPETITORS REGISTER HERE...

Pre-Register Before June 19th and You Automatically Enter a Draw To Win an Oma Plata Gi
Courtesy of Hatashita International

Get ready to roll at the worlds largest Grappling event this summer as Grapplers Quest returns to Toronto after last years 2011 - UFC Debut - Grapplers Quest Championships.

PRIZES INCLUDE:

Four (4) trips to the UFC - Grapplers Quest Championships (July 6-7) at the prestigious MANDALAY BAY in Sunny Las Vegas
15 Free entries to the UFC - Grapplers Quest Championships in Las Vegas
Custom Belts for Advanced, Black Belt, and Absolute Champions
4.5" custom medalions for Gold, Silver, and Bronze
Advanced and Black Belt Champions compete for free at any Grapplers Quest Championships in 2012
Hatashita International presents seven (7) Oma Plata Gi give away (Updated June 1st, 2012)
COMPETITORS REGISTER HERE...

With over 250 divisions on 12 regulation mats, this years Grapplers Quest Toronto will set the stage for you to showcase your skill. This event expands to include divisions for BJJ, Nogi Grappling, Wrestling, and Judo. BJJ and Grappling competition will also include Youth, Men's, Women's, Executive, and Master's divisions.

COACHES-VIP:

Coaches get a FREE PASS and MEALS by Boston Pizza (Updated June 1st, 2012)
Must sign-up at http://www.grapplingontario.com in the "Coaches Corner" Box!
Limited to 2 Coaches per Club
Coaches will be verified prior to the event!

SUPERFIGHTS: (Updated June 1st, 2012)

Sam Osman (Schilling BJJ) Vs Ryan Keller (Ronin MMA)
Dainis Ng (Schilling BJJ) Vs David Garmo (Warior Way Martial Arts)

SPONSORS: A power house of Sponsors will support this years event including:

Tapout
Gaspari Nutrition
VVV Fight Co
Zebra Mats
Street Soldier
Vicious Clothing
Fight Planet
Pecker'd Services
Hatashita International
Reevo
Grapplers Planet
SplitDraw
Everlast
Brass Knuckle Therapy
Body By Vi (Updated June 1st, 2012)
Boston Pizza (Updated June 1st, 2012)
M&A Media (Updated June 1st, 2012)
Xyience (Updated June 11th, 2012)

Mark your calendars... The World of Martial Arts unites at the Brampton Soccer Center on June 23rd!!!
6/18/12 11:24 AM
BALEIA

The Superfight will be between Renan Borges (BTT Boston) and Fernando Vieira (Evolucao Thai)

This will be an awesome match as both are two of the most decorated competitors to grace the mats here in Ontario. They will be doing a 10 minute match No Gi under Grapplers Quest Superfight rules

Fernando, who recently relocated to Toronto, is a mundial and abu dhabi world pro champion (amongst other titles). Renan, is also super accomplished and this is gonna be a war for sure!

Check out some matches of each fighter:

Renan Borges:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMjmiZJgghc

Fernando Vieira:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3GAzUyTOL0
6/18/12 11:24 AM
BALEIA

Take a look at some of the teams who will be representing this weekend:
100 Martial Arts
10th planet jiu jitsu Montreal
10th Planet Rochester
ACMA
Action
Adrenaline Training Center
All Canadian Martial Arts
Alliance BJJ
Art Martiaux Evolution
Beaupits Mixed Martial Arts
Black Devil MMA
Blue Dragon Muay Thai, Whitby ON
Body of Four Brazilian Jiu-jitsu
Borelands MMA
Bravado JJ
Breaking Point MMA
Bruckmann Martial Arts
BTT Canada
BTT Canada HQ
Buckleys MMA
Budokan Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Buffalo BJJ
Buller Jiu Jitsu
Burlington Academy of Martial Arts
Caged Dragon MMA
Cambridge Bjj
Central Combat Sports
Checkmat Canada
CIMMA
CMAC
CMMA
Cobrinha BJJ
Combative Concepts
Cornwall MMA
Crosswell MMA
David Pilgrim Jiu Jitsu
Dawg Jiu Jitsu
Defensive Arts Training Center
Detroit Jiu-Jitsu
Doggpound mma
Dragan Alliance
Dragan bjj
Driven Jiu-Jitsu
East West Hapkido
Elite Training Centre
Empire mma
Ethos BJJ
FAA
Goju-Do Karate
Gracie Barra
Gracie Barra London
Gracie Barra Niagara
Gracie Humatai
Grant Brothers Boxing and MMA Gym
Grappling Arts
Gringo Jiu-Jitsu
GWC
Hidden Warrior Martial Arts
HSMA
Hun Dus Boxing
Jonestown MMA
Joslin s MMA
Kage Musha Dojo
Kao Loi Muay Thai
Kohbukan Sisu
Kombat Arts Training Academy
Kros Gym
Mariposa Wrestling Club
MAS academy stratford
Matador BJJ
Maximum Training Centre / Madys Martial Arts
MCFERA BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU
Mecha MMA
Medd MMA
MMA College
Musashi Martial Arts
N1 Thai Boxing Academy
Ness martial
NJ United MMA
Northern Black Dragon
Nova Uniao
OpenMat Martial Arts
Orillia Fight Team
Oscars Martial Arts
Ottawa Drysdale/ Team Bushido MMA
Oxtail Gym
Parabellum MMA
Pro MMA
Pura BJJ
Red Griffin
Redemption MMA
Revolution MMA
Ribeiro Jiu Jitsu Toledo/detroit
Rikidokan
Robinsons Karate
Ronin MMA
San Do Jutsu
SBGi Canada / Beaupit s MMA
Scott Schilling Bjj
Shawns Mixed Martial Arts
Straight Blast Gym
Supreme MMA
TAP STAR
Tapout Gatineau
Tapout Training Centre Burlington, Ontario
Team Armageddon
Team Ascension
Team Imapct
Team Shredder
Tecumseh Jiu Jitsu
Tetsujin Jiu Jitsu Academy/Steel City MMA
The Submission Academy
Toronto BJJ
Toronto Grappling Club
Toronto NoGi
Troop BJJ
United BJJ
Wiarton Fitness and Martal Arts Centre
WNYMMA Fitness
Xtreme Couture

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.