UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> OGlobo: Silva vs Sonnen II likely in Vegas not Rio

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/18/12 9:03 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

O Globo reported today that Chael Sonnen’s rematch against Anderson Silva will be moved to Las Vegas, and rumors indicate that it might happen at UFC 148 on July 7.

Silva’s manager Ed Soares told TATAME on Monday that the bout is already signed for June 23, in Rio de Janeiro, but his Black House partner, Jorge Guimaraes, told TATAME today that the plans could change.

“This situation is already being discussed," said Guimares. "There are some speculations. What you heard, I heard too. It seems like there are no hotels to fit everybody with UN’s event, Rio+20."

“(The date) will be announced by Dana White in a press conference in Brazil. Nothing is confirmed yet”.

UFC president Dana White, along with Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen, will host a press conference in Brazil next Tuesday.

Silva, has demanded that the rematch take place in Brazil. Will he accept the fight in Nevada?

“That you have to ask Anderson. I don’t know,” Jorge said. “First it has to be moved, than we’ll see”.

Read entire article...

4/18/12 9:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dstiff
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

first!
4/18/12 9:09 PM
BIGLuke

The sooner the better. Without the juice, Chael's going down in the 1st. And then hopefully to jail, for who the fuck knows what.
4/18/12 9:10 PM
BaraoKix

dstiff - first!

Could be the worst 1st post in history.

Sonnen got his wish!
4/18/12 9:11 PM
stevekt
1038 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dstiff - first!

Don't do that.
4/18/12 9:13 PM
jaytrainwreck

Why does almost every big fight have to be in Vegas? Phone Post
4/18/12 9:27 PM
Drunkie
367 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the deal was for the fight to happen in brazil anderson should make them hold it in brazil. he earned the right to fight in his home country. reschedule the fight for the following week, the next month whatever it takes
4/18/12 9:30 PM
robnashville
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is old news......

if you follow FRB on twitter, that is......
4/18/12 9:32 PM
12SixElbow
925 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CaptainKirk - So no TRT for Chael. Will this even be competitive?

Why no TRT?

All he has to do is file the correct paperwork.
Sonnen has legal TRT from his doctor, as he did before, he just did his paperwork wrong
4/18/12 9:45 PM
Chris27
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck.

Yeah I heard this as well, sucks balls.

the fight is still huge and that card July 7th will be stacked if them move fights from this card and add them to 148 fights but alot of the buzz around this fight was the setting.

60k Brazilians, sonnen in enemy territory, it would have been epic.

Still though its not as easy as moving it up a week or back a week, venues are booked etc.

So if they are moving it to Vegas it means they absolutely cant do it around that time in Brazil and that sucks.

But man if they merge those two cards.

Silva/Sonnen
Cruz/Faber
Vitor/Silva
Tito/Forrest
Franklin/Le
Bisping/Tim B
TUF finals
Werdum/Russow

That card could be stacked. I'm sure some of those fights will be moved to other cards, 149, fight nights etc but if they go Silva/Sonnen, Vitor/Silva and Faber/Cruz and one of those MW fights thats a great card right there.
4/18/12 10:13 PM
mgldrd

Hope it does only because then I'd be able to go. Phone Post
4/18/12 10:15 PM
Megatherium
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

khaynes21 - seen that comin a mile away..

4/18/12 10:47 PM
MMALOGIC

Bad move... half of the intrigue in this fight was whether or not Chael would leave brazil alive.
4/18/12 10:54 PM
Shroom
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Chael P. Sonnen fought in Brazil he can juice himself to the gills. Yea there is a "commission" that travels with them to Brazil but let's be real.

This is a better move for Silva imo.
4/18/12 11:26 PM
kinson

If this is true then Silva found his out. Called it months ago. Silva will never fight Chael again and he knows it.

It's either this or the good old staff infection excuse those brazilians love using. Phone Post
4/18/12 11:29 PM
ABE FROMAN

4/18/12 11:58 PM
MJM1912

I first read about this from FRB on twitter.
4/19/12 1:13 AM
swany

i can see This fight being delayed for quite some time, i think anderson will hold out until he gets his brazil card
4/19/12 1:21 AM
frontrowbrian

Edited: 04/19/12 1:23 AM
 ed soares told tatame there's a signed contract for Sonnen/Silva 2. Chael has NOT signed a contract NOR has he been offered one.

4/19/12 6:08 AM
InspiritMick

NarlyPersianDude -
Drunkie - the deal was for the fight to happen in brazil anderson should make them hold it in brazil. he earned the right to fight in his home country. reschedule the fight for the following week, the next month whatever it takes

MosDef
Yep Phone Post
4/19/12 12:00 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Auzzie - 
jaytrainwreck - Why does almost every big fight have to be in Vegas?

Fight capital. I live in New York, but I still say they deserve it. Their government officials were open minded and smart enough to take chance with mma when it wasn't popular at all.

Also looks like Silva's luck just ran out.
I know you're a troll, but many seem to think this is bad for Anderson, and I just don't get why...

Fighting in Vegas means that Chael will FINALLY have to answer to the NSAC about his lies in order to get his license back. It also means that IF he wants to get a T.U.E. he will FINALLY have to follow at least a somewhat strict protocol to make sure he isn't over-Juicing.

Brazil is better for the UFC and profits, but Nevada is the most FAIR place for the fight to happen imho.

4/19/12 12:02 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Edited: 04/19/12 12:05 PM
12SixElbow - 
CaptainKirk - So no TRT for Chael. Will this even be competitive?

Why no TRT?

All he has to do is file the correct paperwork.
Sonnen has legal TRT from his doctor, as he did before, he just did his paperwork wrong

Yeah, as in NEVER even filling for a T.U.E in the first place? Ooops, just a clerical error.

I can't believe people still defend Sonnen with this garbage. He tried to cheat, he KNEW he didn;t have a T.U.E. and then he lied under oath about Kizer to try and cover it up. 

4/19/12 3:32 PM
kevsh
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
But man if they merge those two cards.

1)
Silva/Sonnen
Cruz/Faber
Vitor/Silva
Tito/Forrest
Franklin/Le
Bisping/Tim B
TUF finals
Werdum/Russow

That card could be stacked. I'm sure some of those fights will be moved to other cards, 149, fight nights etc but if they go 2) Silva/Sonnen, Vitor/Silva and Faber/Cruz and one of those MW fights thats a great card right there.

1) No chance.
2) Still no chance.
But kudos for creative thinking.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.