UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> tight waist near ankle vs tight waist far ankle

4/21/12 12:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shen
672 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry for the remedial question...

but why specifically would one choose to do a "Tight Waist Far Ankle" over a "Tight Waist Near Ankle" breakdown?

Tight Waist Far Ankle seems to be more prevalent. Is that because the bottom man can post up on that far leg if you grab the near ankle...????

Anything else to consider if you go Near Ankle vs. Far Ankle?

Thank you!!
4/22/12 1:05 PM
shen
672 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't make me take this question to the Atama BJJ Forum!
4/25/12 2:59 PM
shen

No one will answer my stupid question?

I am disappoint.

:(
4/27/12 1:09 AM
misterw
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's easier to grab from the starting position, since the hand around the waist is closer to the far ankle.
4/27/12 1:12 AM
misterw
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is, if I start in referee's position w/ my right arm around the guys waist, my right arm will come back to grab the closer ankle.
4/27/12 5:00 AM
shen

Of course, that makes sense, thank you!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.