UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Brendan Schaub---------- I am dissapoint

4/22/12 9:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Blazing Knees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, your lone nut hugger on the UG is disssatisfied with your recent performance.

Actually, your last 2 fights. Wha the fuck is with the glass jaw already? I picked this guy to be a top 10 2 years ago and I'm beginning to rethhink that in a big way.Fast hands, power, good footwork, good TD def., What kind of camp did this guy do? 70 seconds in and tryng to catch butterflies? Where was the game plan? Fuck, now what?

You get one more fight according to the doctrine of Dana
4/22/12 9:44 AM
shatefak

It seems like he cant take a punch. Might be that he already took too much damage earlier in his life, in football for example. It sucks because hes a talented fighter. Phone Post
4/22/12 9:48 AM
antoniomontana
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Further proof that bing a good "athlete" does not make you a fighter
4/22/12 9:54 AM
Blueyevil
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/22/12 9:54 AM
 lol, from his wiki page.

Brendan Peter Schaub (born March 18, 1983) is an American professional mixed martial artist and former professional football player for the AFL's Utah Blaze and as a member of the Buffalo Bills practice squad. He was a finalist and the runner-up of Spike TV's The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights.[2] Schaub is currently ranked the #1 most frequently KTFO'd fighter in the world by Sherdog.[3]

4/22/12 10:42 AM
Blazing Knees

duckhuntgangsta -  Might be time to for him to drop to 205 Phone Post

I don't think that's possible.

Maybe it was all the cracks to the skull in football cause he's got no chin whatsoever.
He;s got the tools and the heart, seems he just doesnt' have the chin for these hw's
4/22/12 10:46 AM
Domingo
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has the same situation as Arlovski. In his bouts with Nog and Rothwell, he drilled them and was really on the path to winning, but he finds a way to get drilled on the chin and KO'd while going for it himself.
He definitely seems chinny - maybe swap styles like Overeem did? Overeem's stance and style changed a lot when he went over to K1. He's still (obviously) fighting well, but he definitely seems to be defense-first.
4/22/12 10:51 AM
smiter

Blazing Knees -  Yes, your lone nut hugger on the UG is disssatisfied with your recent performance.

Actually, your last 2 fights. Wha the fuck is with the glass jaw already? I picked this guy to be a top 10 2 years ago and I'm beginning to rethhink that in a big way.Fast hands, power, good footwork, good TD def., What kind of camp did this guy do? 70 seconds in and tryng to catch butterflies? Where was the game plan? Fuck, now what?

He fucked up by leaving Wittman up in Colorado.

Hasn't looked the same fighter since. Phone Post
4/22/12 10:58 AM
mixedmartialmike

Pork Sword -  You picked wrong. Dude can't take a HW punch to save his life. He was peacing up Rothwell one second then the next he is seeing spirits. The CFL is still active at least.
Seeing spirits lmao Phone Post
4/22/12 11:00 AM
Blazing Knees

DoubleWhopperCombo - Schwab has no chin. I knew Big Ben was going to KO him within the first couple minutes. There was no doubt in my mind and it played out almost exactly like I suspected.... Schwab thought he has Big Ben hurt, he was only a little shook, still ready to fight back. Ben touched that glass chin and it was a wrap.

Schwab doesn't have the head or the neck to be competing at heavyweight. He has a peanut head and a pencil neck just like I said... Not built for punishment.

Peanut head and pencil neck.

bad combo, lol
4/22/12 11:02 AM
Blazing Knees

This fight was suppossed to be something to build on, it was a fight that everyone ( almost) thought he would win.
4/22/12 11:03 AM
Hate420
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude has skills,just not the chin to fight at heavyweight.
4/22/12 11:04 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

DoubleWhopperCombo - Schwab has no chin. I knew Big Ben was going to KO him within the first couple minutes. There was no doubt in my mind and it played out almost exactly like I suspected.... Schwab thought he has Big Ben hurt, he was only a little shook, still ready to fight back. Ben touched that glass chin and it was a wrap.

Schwab doesn't have the head or the neck to be competing at heavyweight. He has a peanut head and a pencil neck just like I said... Not built for punishment.
The fight wasn't even a couple minutes long. Phone Post
4/22/12 11:04 AM
Bry Bry

yeah SChaub is fast and has good hands but when you dont have a strong chin, it doesnt matter..look at ARolovski for another example of this..SChaub is going to have to focus on his grappling game..
4/22/12 11:05 AM
Floppy Divac
340 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"maybe swap styles like Overeem did? Overeem's stance and style changed a lot when he went over to K1."

When your body changes as much as Overeem's did you better believe your stance will change too.
4/22/12 11:06 AM
random_perv

shatefak - It seems like he cant take a punch. Might be that he already took too much damage earlier in his life, in football for example. It sucks because hes a talented fighter. Phone Post
You act like he was a running back something. Phone Post
4/22/12 11:11 AM
UGCTT_picanoc231

Blueyevil -  lol, from his wiki page.

Brendan Peter Schaub (born March 18, 1983) is an American professional mixed martial artist and former professional football player for the AFL's Utah Blaze and as a member of the Buffalo Bills practice squad. He was a finalist and the runner-up of Spike TV's The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights.[2] Schaub is currently ranked the #1 most frequently KTFO'd fighter in the world by Sherdog.[3]

Lol look at the other part at the bottom of his fight career about his fight with the invisible man. Phone Post
4/22/12 11:41 AM
MartialArtsMixed
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Schaub should've stayed humble atleast and i would be feeling bad for him.. I think this is his karma for cheating against cro cop.
4/22/12 11:43 AM
Sprawl'n'Stall
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It must really suck to be in his situation. I mean, what can he do about it? Maybe he's stiff in the jaw or neck, and a good therapist can help. It's not impossible at all that it could help him.

Otherwise, he's toast. That's one of the weakest shot it took to KO a guy I've ever seen. Yes Big Ben has power but come on.

4/22/12 11:55 AM
Blazing Knees

Sprawl'n'Stall - It must really suck to be in his situation. I mean, what can he do about it? Maybe he's stiff in the jaw or neck, and a good therapist can help. It's not impossible at all that it could help him.

Otherwise, he's toast. That's one of the weakest shot it took to KO a guy I've ever seen. Yes Big Ben has power but come on.

I compared it to JDS vs Cain, weak shot, ( I was suprised at both) big results.
4/22/12 12:26 PM
crazychris
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His approach to the fight was all wrong. If he thought he was going to get in a punching battle with big ben and come out on top, dudes bananas.
4/22/12 12:51 PM
bignightmare
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The truth is anyone getting hit on the end of the chin by a big heavyweight can go out. Joe Rogan made a good point about the aging of light fighters, that they age fast because the weights are all about speed. The reverse of that is that Heavyweights can get punchy and troubled chins. If I was Brendans coach I would put him in Neck camp. Develop his neck muscles as much as possible with exercises directed to build the strength and size of his neck. I would also work on keeping his guard up.
2/24/13 1:39 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blazing Knees -  Yes, your lone nut hugger on the UG is disssatisfied with your recent performance.

Are you still dissapoint? Cuz I am...

2/24/13 8:46 PM
Blazing Knees

UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby - 
Blazing Knees -  Yes, your lone nut hugger on the UG is disssatisfied with your recent performance.

Are you still dissapoint? Cuz I am...

Glad he won- didn't like the way it was done. Although standing with Lavar is just stupid, so what was he supposed to do?

He did his job, he took advantage of the other fighters weakness and imposed his will-ftw

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.