UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Dake pinned taylor

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/23/12 1:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ JROCKONE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At the olympic trials yesterday Kyle dake ran into david taylor in the wrestle backs freestyle match. dake earned the fall in the second period, on route to a third place finish in the mens 74kg division. Knowing this do you think it would be wise to move up a weight class next year and attempt to win 4 national titles in 4 weight classes? Phone Post
4/24/12 12:20 PM
thePetester

I was shocked. I thought Dake was better on the ground, just never thought he would get there on his own terms.

A move up would be very interesting. I think he would have done it regardless, but now, why not. He could make a case as second greatest collegiate wrestler ever (at least). Four titles, four weight classes, four years is sick.

But, if he does, and Taylor beats him and wins MOW again, he could do it his senior year as well. As far as I know, no one has ever won it three times correct? Cael and Askren both won it twice, I think that is it. He could then make a case for second best ever.

Keep in mind the different rules from folk to freestyle. And does Taylor stay at that weight class or move up? No one really challenged him at the NCAAs at all in that weight class.
4/24/12 1:20 PM
UGCTT_ JROCKONE

There is a huge difference from freestyle and folkstyle but the way dake manhandled him was incredible. and even on the mat dake appeared to be bigger than taylor. Cael sanderson was a 4 timer aswell as pat smith. But neither have been able to win 4 titles in 4 weight classes that would be incredible. taylor would no doubt be tougher in folkstyle but I think dake might be able to beat him. Lets not forget howe will be back at that weight, and that's who beat dake on saturday. no doubt next year will be an interesting year. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.