UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Kids Judo in Baltimore Maryland?

4/23/12 12:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
crosface
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are there any good judo schools in the Baltimore area? I have a 5 year old son and I want to get involved with Judo.

thanks..
4/23/12 12:11 PM
crosface

Are there any good judo schools in the Baltimore area? I have a 5 year old son and I want to get involved with Judo.

thanks..
4/24/12 7:52 PM
JoshuaResnick
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maryland Judo Inc
Eric Spears
2720 Wasington Ave
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
301-585-3799
Espears@genedx.com
5/3/12 10:19 PM
Brabo Fett

http://www.teammarylandbjj.com/
5/4/12 7:17 AM
judoblackbelt
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From the website they teach adult judo in addition to BJJ. Affiliated with Jason Morris also. I didn't see a kids class offered in judo, just BJJ. But it look s like an excellent school.
5/9/12 7:56 PM
Brabo Fett

judoblackbelt - From the website they teach adult judo in addition to BJJ. Affiliated with Jason Morris also. I didn't see a kids class offered in judo, just BJJ. But it look s like an excellent school.

Kids Bjj always starts with throws and then ground. Its weird because even though people go for jiu jitsu there is a big enphasis on the judo and being on top. Its mixed in really well.

Give them a call. Stu is awesome and a great teacher. BTW jason morris will be there on the 15th if you are interested in the seminar.
5/10/12 6:54 AM
judoblackbelt
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BF- thanks, I always say go where the best is, if not judo then BJJ where now they are offering some judo in their BJJ. See what your kid has a nack for. Great place to start.
5/10/12 3:29 PM
dalexan242
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's been a while since I've been there, but Baltimore Judo Club in Catonsville has kids classes.

http://users.erols.com/cdp9000/

College Park might be a bit far from you, but they have one of the bigger clubs in the area and most of the local tournaments are in/around College Park. Based on what I've seen at tournaments (my son just turned 6) they also seem to have quite a few kids that aren't much older than your son.

http://www.collegeparkjudo.org/
5/12/12 12:08 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr John Anderson's school would be my first stop. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.