UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> lol@reem's doctor that gave him meds...

4/24/12 2:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doctor draws fine, sanctions for Internet prescriptions

By Pete Alfano

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

The Texas State Board of Medical Examiners has fined Dr. Hector Oscar Molina of Colleyville $25,000 and placed restrictions on his practice for three years for prescribing controlled substances and dangerous drugs over the Internet without establishing "a proper physician-patient relationship."

Molina, who has a general practice in Irving, will be prohibited from prescribing Schedule II and III controlled substances, among them medications such as morphine, codeine, methadone, oxydone (Percodan), hydrocodone (Vicodin) and anabolic steroids. Controlled substances are drugs with a high potential for abuse and which may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.

Molina must also establish a proper physician-patient relationship with all patients in his practice, which requires him to "personally and physically see, examine, diagnose and treat every patient in person."

The board's order also stipulates that Molina, who is listed as 39 years old, must score at least a 75 on the Medical Jurisprudence Exam within the next year in order to be licensed in the state. He can take the exam three times.

Molina did not return messages left with his receptionist at his office in Irving.

The action was initiated when a complaint was filed with the medical board by a Colorado man who received drugs prescribed by Molina from the unregulated Internet pharmacy, www.prescriptionconsultation.com. It is no longer operating under that name.

An undocumented number of doctors supplement their incomes by as much as several thousand dollars a month writing prescriptions for unregulated online pharmacies based on a questionnaire completed by patients.

According to the complaint, which is posted on the state medical board Web site, the patient obtained hydrocodone and other medications in increasingly stronger dosages. The original orders and refills were authorized by Molina.

The complaint says that the patient was also being treated by his own physicians at the time and became addicted to the medications.

According to the state medical board, Molina, who was licensed in Texas in August 1997, violated the proper physician-patient relationship because he prescribed the drugs without having examined the patient, taken a proper history, acquired adequate medical records and performed adequate tests.

Ordering prescription medication from unregulated Web sites is seen by U.S. authorities as an increasingly dangerous practice. Patients circumvent registered pharmacies and their own doctors because they believe they can save money and also acquire drugs their doctors may not be willing to prescribe.

Federal agencies and physicians and pharmacy groups warn that patients should take medications only under a doctor's supervision and that medications from unregulated online pharmacies may be counterfeit, substandard or tainted.

In Texas, an advisory commission has recommended that the State Board of Pharmacy be granted more authority to regulate out-of-state and online pharmacies, including the power to discipline these pharmacies.

This week, the Food and Drug Administration and Texas Pharmacy Association launched an education campaign warning consumers about the risks associated with ordering drugs from other countries and on the Internet.

Because tracking unregulated pharmacies in cyberspace is difficult, costly and time consuming, state medical boards and federal agencies such as the FDA and Drug Enforcement Administration rely heavily on patient complaints to prosecute cases.

One such case involved Dr. Robert C. Ogle of Rockwall, who surrendered his license in December and is awaiting sentencing March 24 for prescribing hydrocodone to a California teen-ager who died when he mixed the drug with morphine and an antidepressant. The teen-ager had lied about his age when filling out an online questionnaire.

A spokeswoman for the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners said that information about doctors who prescribe drugs on the Internet is shared among states and national physician associations. Local hospitals where physicians may work are also notified.

According to the state board of examiners, Texas physicians R.L. Nelms, Kenneth Speak, Ernesto Cantu and David L. Bryson have lost their licenses for prescribing medications through unregulated online pharmacies.
4/24/12 3:00 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Clean it up Kimo lives.
4/24/12 3:24 PM
Tad Ghostal
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That article is from 2004. Dr Molina has been employed by the Texas AC since 2005.
4/24/12 3:38 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure what this has to do with Greg Jackson.

4/24/12 4:41 PM
Authority Figure

zedlepln - <p>Not sure what this has to do with Greg Jackson.</p>

legit lol
4/24/12 4:43 PM
Authority Figure

Sounds like he was referred to a sloppy ass doctor and got the worse of it. My take is this: I think he used to take them. But in this instance, I don't think he did so knowingly.

To me if a fighter is found guilty of knowingly taking and PEDs and it involved a state commission employee of any state - that employee ought to be fired. Especially, it cost the fighter income or license status.
4/24/12 4:54 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

^^^^^

I missed the hearing, but I read a tweet that said he got the injection in January...???

Was he taking the injections regularly, or are they claiming a one time injection caused a failed T/E Ratio 3 months later?
4/24/12 5:06 PM
goku

Authority Figure - Sounds like he was referred to a sloppy ass doctor and got the worse of it. My take is this: I think he used to take them. But in this instance, I don't think he did so knowingly.

To me if a fighter is found guilty of knowingly taking and PEDs and it involved a state commission employee of any state - that employee ought to be fired. Especially, it cost the fighter income or license status.

cmon dude...reem gets some minor injury and happens to be referred to a doctor that illegally sold roids on the internet? out of the millions of doctors on earth, he happened to get referred to this guy
4/24/12 5:09 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

goku - 
Authority Figure - Sounds like he was referred to a sloppy ass doctor and got the worse of it. My take is this: I think he used to take them. But in this instance, I don't think he did so knowingly.

cmon dude...reem gets some minor injury and happens to be referred to a doctor that illegally sold roids on the internet? out of the millions of doctors on earth, he happened to get referred to this guy

More importantly, how the FUCK does this guy get a job on an Athletic Commission a year later????

Not surprised it is Texas.
4/24/12 5:26 PM
kevsh
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goku 

4/24/12 5:37 PM
Gullivers Travels
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kevsh - 
goku 

especially when he trains (and I'm assuming lives) in Florida.
4/24/12 5:48 PM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Texas athletic commission is beyond corrupt Phone Post
4/24/12 9:24 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mental note: Don't have surgery in Texas.
4/24/12 9:31 PM
ChaosOverkill
467 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

octowussy - Another thread poached by UG News. And of course given the worst headline. "Unfortunate past"? I don't think beating your wife is a matter of luck.

LOL fail blog strikes again
4/24/12 9:32 PM
ChaosOverkill
467 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_LnPninja -  ^^^^^

I missed the hearing, but I read a tweet that said he got the injection in January...???

Was he taking the injections regularly, or are they claiming a one time injection caused a failed T/E Ratio 3 months later?<br type="_moz" />

This, seriously it has to be an ongoing treatment
4/24/12 9:40 PM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jsteven -  Texas athletic commission is beyond corrupt Phone Post

was he involvede with the athletic commission in any way?
4/24/12 9:43 PM
Neil McCauley

Edited: 04/24/12 9:45 PM
do you think overeem should've googled his name before flying to texax to get injected with random stuff?
4/24/12 9:44 PM
Neil McCauley

On December 31, 1998, Hector Oscar Molina, MD was arrested by Irving Police Department and charged with felony theft of $1500 or more. His case number is F-9900834 with Dallas County Court.

HECTOR OSCAR MOLINA, 45, of 5486 Pool Road in Colleyville. Colleyville PD - Assault Causes Bodily Injury Family Violence. Arrested at 5486 Pool Road at 7:45 PM on 4/24/10 by Detective Bob Etheridge. Molina listed his occupation as self-employed Physician, Molina Medical Clinic in Irving. Released at 12:35 AM on 4/25/10.

A 28-year-old Dallas woman is recovering after being rushed to Baylor Hospital’s emergency room. Her mother says her obese daughter just wanted to be pretty.

Dr. Hector Oscar Molina is an Irving doctor. His website claims he does everything from tummy tucks to facial surgery. But for the second time this year a patient has ended up at Baylor Hospital with devastating complications.

“ I was so scared for my daughter,” said the patient’s mother. “When he took off all of the bandages, we saw the wounds and they were so open and infected.”

The mother says her daughter, who does not want to be named, was rushed to Baylor’s emergency room after getting an arm lift and breast implants at Molina Medical in Irving.

She says her daughter, who weighs more than 300 pounds, wanted her arms slimmer.

She complained to the Texas Board of Medical Examiners that Dr. Hector Oscar Molina performed a “17 hour” operation. She says the family called 911 nine days after the surgery because the wounds were severely infected and she couldn’t breathe.

“I have never seen her so helpless,” said the patient’s mother. “She is such a strong girl. It was hard to see her like this.”

“All of a sudden I heard her scream. I was like what is going on?” the patient’s sister said.

The woman’s sister said she went into Molina’s operating room which is inside his Irving office. She says her sister was on the surgical table awake and in pain.

“She was awake and they were just shooting her up with drugs,” she said. “They were doing her left implant and it was hurting."

The family says the doctors at Baylor have removed the breast implants and are treating her wounds. They don’t know when she will be able to come home.

It is not the first time a patient has called 911 after plastic surgery at Molina Medical.

“I need an ambulance at 1901 West Irving Blvd,” said a woman to Irving 911 . “I am here with one of my friends who had surgery today. She cannot feel the bottom on her feet and she does not feel good at all. There is nobody here, just me and her."

In April 2011, Irving EMS rushed a woman to Baylor emergency after she was left alone with just a friend to recover in the clinic.

According to her lawsuit , Molina performed a Brazilian butt lift on the 47-year-old woman. It is a procedure where doctors remove fat from unwanted areas and re-inject it into the buttocks to increase the size and shape.

An expert hired by the woman’s attorney alleges Molina injected, “fat far too deep into the buttocks,” into nerves and muscle. The woman had to undergo “27 surgical procedures” and has been left, “permanently disabled” and “disfigured.” Molina responded to the lawsuit, denying all of the allegations.

Dr. Rod Rohrich heads the Plastic Surgery Department at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He says one of the problems with plastic surgery is that any doctor can operate.

"In the United States today, we do not have any rules,” Rohrich said. “I could call myself whatever I want. That is the challenge because it really can put patients in harm’s way.”

Rohrich recommends patients select a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to ensure he or she has the proper training. He says hospital privileges are important in case there is an emergency or complications. And Rohrich says an operating room in an office is fine as long as it is accredited so it has passed an inspection and it is sterile.

“It is okay if you follow the regulations and get approval,” Rohrich said. “But I think if not, you should not be doing operations in your office."

Dr. Molina declined an on camera interview because of the pending lawsuit but he confirmed for FOX 4 he is not a board certified plastic surgeon. He only has temporary hospital privileges at South Hampton Hospital, his operating room is not accredited and he does not carry medical malpractice insurance for plastic surgery. That is all legal in Texas.

On Monday, Molina released a statement saying:

“While I have a long history of serving the medical and immigrant community without incident, there exists pending litigation against me. Because of the ongoing nature of the litigation and its continuing investigation, I cannot, at this time, make any further comment.”

In 2004, the Texas Board of Medical Examiners disciplined Dr. Molina for “prescribing controlled substances and dangerous drugs” over the internet. He was fined $25,000.

The board now has the complaints from both families but has not taken any action against Molina’s license.

As this family heads into the Christmas holiday with a daughter’s future uncertain, they are furious with the board.

“Why hasn’t anyone stopped him,” asked the patient’s sister.

“If they knew they had a complaint, they should have put him on suspension or stopped it,” the patient’s mother said.

“I think we see the medical field totally different now and in a different way,” she continued.

The Board of Medical Examiners keeps complaint information confidential so FOX 4 does not know if anyone else has complained about Molina.

Neither of the women had health insurance so they are now facing enormous medical bills. The most recent patient is still hospitalized at Baylor. It has been more than two weeks now.
4/24/12 9:49 PM
BooZe

I'm a huge overeem fan, but its obvious this do Phone Post
4/24/12 9:51 PM
BooZe

BooZe - I'm a huge overeem fan, but its obvious this do Phone Post
^^^^ This doctor was the guy to see for pharm grade gear... Phone Post
4/24/12 10:15 PM
Masakatsu Funaki
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - Clean it up Kimo lives.
Kimo lives.

Until Kimo. Phone Post
4/24/12 10:56 PM
buvaiser

Edited: 04/24/12 10:58 PM
damn, that is a dirtbag regardless of profession.

theft, wife beating, selling dope online basically and performing surgeries in his office for cash without safeguards. worse than that michael jackson doctor.

i doubt this guy was giving reem roids out of the goodness of his heart. reem paid this piece of shit to hook him up with roids. he might as well have just been doing the roids himself. it ain't that hard.
4/24/12 11:48 PM
mr biggelsworth

Shady fucker like a lot of plastic surgeons. WTF is tetrometrozone? I am conveniently sitting next to my 2011 med book with well over 10,000 medications in it, no listing for tetrometrozone. A google search only finds the word linked to these articles about Overeem.

Highly suspect!
4/25/12 1:36 AM
VicJenny

Edited: 04/25/12 1:36 AM
stonepony - 
BooZe - I'm a huge overeem fan, but its obvious this do Phone Post
You're a fan of the cheater though, not the real Overeem. If he were natural, human sized without the cheating, none of us would even know he existed.

This is true, nobody had ever heard of Overeem before he got so big. I don't think most of the people on this board had even heard of where he fought before he bulked up. Who are these Icy Cold, Victor, and Shotgun guys he fought in 2005 when he was smaller?
4/25/12 1:40 AM
inf0
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didn't he fight the Dice Man too>?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.