UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> The Walking Dead

4/25/12 1:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
invalid
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just released. TellTale has made a name for themselves for reviving the classic LucasArts point and click adventure like Monkey Island and Sam and Max, the coolest difference is they released them in smaller episodic form to make an complete season/game. Most recently they did a Back to the Future one.

To say I'm a fan of the genre and the job TellTale did with my cherished childhood games is an understatement. So when I heard they were doing a Walking Dead franchise I was pretty interested.

Now having played it I can say that I am not disappointed. It plays like the other games in their problem solving type problems finding objects and uses for them only with more of an action twist.

And not to add any spoilers, they give you various time to respond to dialogue leading to a lot of gut decisions. On top of that having an effect on the way the game plays out, there are game changing decisions that leave you second guessing every twist and turn. That also leads you to want to play other play throughs just to see how much the story branches out.

On top of it, the dialogue and character interaction has a lot more depth than I would have thought it would. It doesn't come off as cheesy.

I highly recommend picking up episode one.
4/25/12 2:05 PM
PepperUK
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ps3/Xbox?? Phone Post
4/25/12 2:51 PM
invalid
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both as well as PC
4/25/12 3:03 PM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Out on 360 tomorrow or Monday. Heard only good things about this game even if its more of a point and click type game might just have to pick up Episode 1.
4/25/12 7:49 PM
LucrativeMath
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XBOX version should be available on Live right now.
4/25/12 7:53 PM
invalid

Do yourselves a favor and check it out!
4/25/12 8:02 PM
The Adversary
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's up with the multi player? Split screen, online, etc.?
4/25/12 8:32 PM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't think there was MP.
4/25/12 10:06 PM
invalid

Yeah no MP
4/25/12 10:35 PM
Gracie killar

Hope it drops tomorrow for the 360.
4/26/12 7:53 AM
bonersaurus
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Picked it up for the PS3. It froze up right near the beginning. Haven't tried it again since hopefully the whole game isn't buggy as shit.
4/26/12 10:31 AM
invalid

JkdSam - I knew it was going to be a boring ass game lol!

yeah, it's no Call of Duty.
4/26/12 11:27 AM
ShocknAwe
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those Telltale games don't seem to translate to console very well and it's a shame. I picked up Back to the future on release for the pc and it was amazing! I later picked it up for my son in a discount bin for the Wii (he's named after one of the characters) and it freezes constantly. I've heard of it happening to other titles as well.
4/26/12 11:50 AM
The Adversary
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, so I just dl'd and played the demo of the first episode. Pretty cool, though it kind of reminds me of a simpler LA Noire, obviously set in the world of the Walking Dead series. I think I would rather just watch this as an animated series, though. I would get engrossed in the story and then have to do something, which kind of took me out of it.

I like it, though I probably won't buy it unless it goes way cheap. Plus, I don't like having to wait around for the next episode to be released and would rather have access to all at once.
4/26/12 4:59 PM
Yossarian
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much or each episode? Phone Post
4/26/12 5:05 PM
invalid

It's $19.99 for the season (5 episodes)

or $4.99 each.

Each episode is a solid 2 hours if you're good, and I've played through the first one twice (obviously a lot faster once you have the puzzles down) just so I can have a save for different major results.

At the end of each episode it previews the next episode, and each save showed a different "on the next episode" in some places.

Keep in mind I'm a huge fan of TellTale and the old point and click adventures, so I'm super biased lol
4/26/12 5:20 PM
Gracie killar

Any idea for timeline when the rest of the episodes are supposed to be out?
4/26/12 5:22 PM
invalid

If they stick to the normal schedule the other games have it's about 1 every four weeks
4/26/12 6:22 PM
Yossarian
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge fan of the show as well as zombie stuff in general so for $5 I'm in. Phone Post
4/27/12 12:58 AM
RML
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought the season pass.. it's neat
4/27/12 12:31 PM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

invalid - It's $19.99 for the season (5 episodes)

or $4.99 each.

Each episode is a solid 2 hours if you're good, and I've played through the first one twice (obviously a lot faster once you have the puzzles down) just so I can have a save for different major results.

At the end of each episode it previews the next episode, and each save showed a different "on the next episode" in some places.

Keep in mind I'm a huge fan of TellTale and the old point and click adventures, so I'm super biased lol

If it's half as good as the BttF series, I'll be happy. DL'ed it last night, ready to play tonight.
4/27/12 3:17 PM
Gracie killar

Played the Demo and unlocked the full game I am pleasantly surprised I have really enjoyed it so far.
4/28/12 3:27 AM
RML
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's an epic trailer for Episode 2 at the end of the first episode.. it got me so pumped for the next one.
4/28/12 3:35 AM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RML - There's an epic trailer for Episode 2 at the end of the first episode.. it got me so pumped for the next one.

Yep, and it's customized to your choices. Pretty cool.
4/28/12 4:23 AM
The Blizz
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this game can go suck a dick. why the fuck can't I invert my controls?!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.