UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> The Walking Dead

11/25/12 12:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TSMontana
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

invalid - Hah same here. I was hoping a new Sam and Max or Monkey Island is in the works...

but then I heard something even better: They're remaking the King's Quest series

You better not be joking. If this is true, best news I've heard all week.
11/25/12 2:08 PM
TheZa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Telltale is going to be Walking Dead Studios in the very near future. They blew all of their other game sales outta the fucking water. This is not necessarilly a good thing. I could see it being an annual franchise for a while. Phone Post
11/25/12 7:28 PM
UGCTT_zackthewop
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This game fucked my life.

So much emotion at the end. I was so stoked to be able to play it again but I dont think I want to put myself through all that again.

GOTY

11/25/12 8:20 PM
RONINXOM
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow at this game. My wife sat glued to the tv for my play through of the last two episodes. She has NEVER done that for a game. Phone Post
11/25/12 9:26 PM
TSMontana
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheZa -  Telltale is going to be Walking Dead Studios in the very near future. They blew all of their other game sales outta the fucking water. This is not necessarilly a good thing. I could see it being an annual franchise for a while. Phone Post

Hope they don't bet the farm on it. I think they will do it justice until Season 3...and they'll quit after that, if they don't get greedy and completely bleed the franchise creative dry (I know....good luck).
11/25/12 9:52 PM
invalid
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soreshins -  I think Kenny survives to reappear in series 2. I didn't see any evidence that he died so they definitely are keeping their options open. I hate the fucker though Phone Post

I hope not. There are no happy endings in a zombie apocalypse. They bring characters back and you lose the tension. Plot armor just doesn't work in this scenario.

11/25/12 10:09 PM
TheZa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_zackthewop -

So much emotion at the end. I was so stoked to be able to play it again but I dont think I want to put myself through all that again.

GOTY

I feel the exact same way. Phone Post
11/25/12 10:43 PM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheZa -
UGCTT_zackthewop -

GOTY

I feel the exact same way. Phone Post
Signed. Best character development in gaming yet, imo, and i love Mass Effect, RDR, you name it.

Brilliant work. Phone Post
11/27/12 7:21 PM
xsrg95
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/27/12 7:21 PM
xsrg95
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.g4tv.com/vgdm/best-game-2012/battleresult/560/guildwars2-vs-thewalkingdead/BB3A2D08EF45435eB4F9796BCADB6DEC/
11/27/12 7:27 PM
invalid
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's losing quite badly to Guild Wars 2 lol
11/27/12 7:54 PM
homegrowncone
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IGN's predictions for Season 2.  I strongly agree with their last one but think they miss the mark on a few of the others.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/26/predicting-season-2-of-the-walking-dead-the-game

11/28/12 10:47 AM
invalid

Very interesting points.

My wish? Whole new cast just as the outbreak happens just like the last one, only maybe a few episodes longer.

My biggest issue with using the other cast members from season one is that you'll lose any tension because certain characters would appear to have plot armor. Using Glen early on was, I think, just kind of an assurance to the audience that, yes, this is a Walking Dead game. Don't worry.

One of the best things about season 1 is that any character could (and did lol) die. Bringing any of them back, even for just an episode, takes away from this season to me.

I don't want to see Clem again. That's kind of the thing with a game like this: there aren't happy endings. You tried to protect Clem the entire season. The best you could hope for is you got her ready enough to survive without you. The best she could possibly get out of that is maybe finding a place where she could hide, but it would be a life on constantly worrying about food, never sleeping because of fear of bandits... constantly freezing up because she heard walkers. That's the best life for her, but she, like everyone else, is not going to die surrounded by the ones she loves on some comfortable deathbed. That's just not in the cards for anyone in this universe, and I'm shocked when people expect anything else.

I also doubt they'll do anything in the far future because that would mess with the comics, which is something Kirkland would never allow.

My best guess and hope? New geography, new characters, new plot line. Maybe newlyweds or something.
11/28/12 12:46 PM
Choochy
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

invalid - Very interesting points.

My wish? Whole new cast just as the outbreak happens just like the last one, only maybe a few episodes longer.

My biggest issue with using the other cast members from season one is that you'll lose any tension because certain characters would appear to have plot armor. Using Glen early on was, I think, just kind of an assurance to the audience that, yes, this is a Walking Dead game. Don't worry.

One of the best things about season 1 is that any character could (and did lol) die. Bringing any of them back, even for just an episode, takes away from this season to me.

I don't want to see Clem again. That's kind of the thing with a game like this: there aren't happy endings. You tried to protect Clem the entire season. The best you could hope for is you got her ready enough to survive without you. The best she could possibly get out of that is maybe finding a place where she could hide, but it would be a life on constantly worrying about food, never sleeping because of fear of bandits... constantly freezing up because she heard walkers. That's the best life for her, but she, like everyone else, is not going to die surrounded by the ones she loves on some comfortable deathbed. That's just not in the cards for anyone in this universe, and I'm shocked when people expect anything else.

I also doubt they'll do anything in the far future because that would mess with the comics, which is something Kirkland would never allow.

My best guess and hope? New geography, new characters, new plot line. Maybe newlyweds or something.
I hope it doesn't follow any of the characters that were in the first season.

I wouldn't mind seeing a quick cameo like Glenn did in the first season. It helps create continuity and binds the games/books together.

The one thing I've learned from TWD is there's no happy endings and I wouldn't be surprised if Clem shows up as a zombie briefly in season two if its based in the dame location. Phone Post
11/28/12 12:49 PM
Gracie killar
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love to see them introduce a Governor or Negan type character(s) in Season 2 and have the season revolve around the new group dealing with that issue.
11/28/12 2:29 PM
SteelyRes211
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see season 2 with a new group of characters running parallel to season 1, culminating with the last 2 survivors of season 2 meeting with Clementine to begin a new story for season 3.
11/28/12 6:02 PM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow what a ride this series was. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. Can't wait for season 2.
11/28/12 7:06 PM
Jored1990
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think I have ever recommended a game to people more than I have this one 

Telltale need to hit me up with summa dat paper lol

11/29/12 10:13 AM
The Blizz

I just bought an iPad...so I re-bought all the eps on that and am playing all the eps again. Lol this game rules. Phone Post
11/29/12 4:26 PM
Jored1990
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Blizz -  I just bought an iPad...so I re-bought all the eps on that and am playing all the eps again. Lol this game rules. Phone Post

Is it good on the iPad? How do you move around just touch the screen?

11/29/12 4:27 PM
Jored1990

^ in the direction you want to go in

11/29/12 5:03 PM
TEX4N32
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just finished this game earlier today.
Loved pretty much everything but the ending.

I was hoping u'd at least make it out alive. On the other hand, a zombie apacolypse ain't no fairy tale. So I give it a solid..

4/5

It would've been 5 if it didn't lag in some important moments. (played on phone) Phone Post
11/29/12 11:43 PM
The Blizz

Jored1990 -
The Blizz -  I just bought an iPad...so I re-bought all the eps on that and am playing all the eps again. Lol this game rules. Phone Post

Is it good on the iPad? How do you move around just touch the screen?

yeah, they reworked the controls for the touch screen. i'm playing ep 1 right now and it's great. Phone Post
11/30/12 2:03 PM
TheZa

I would like if one episode of the second season had your group coming across Woodbury and you having to escape.  Obviously not everyone would make it out, but maybe it could be in the early stages of Woodbury or something.  I would love to play a sequence in the THUNDERDOME.

11/30/12 2:07 PM
invalid

haha Thunderdome would be the shit

I really hope this game gets all the GOTY nods it deserves. I know it sold pretty well, but if it can reach an even wider audience because of the awards, I would be quite happy.

My favorite game series of all time was always Monkey Island, and by extension, those types of adventure games. The fact that TellTale had revived the genre I assumed was dead forever (lol zombies) made me already love them.

Then they pull this game out? I hope they keep going because I've bought everything they've made except for Jurassic Park, and each time I've been so very happy.

I'm gay for them

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.