UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> The Walking Dead

12/2/12 5:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bigjon29
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finally just finished this epic game and wow do I feel drained lol

The scene in the hotel with the guy who kidnapped Clem talking to Lee and the subsequent fight is quite possibly in my top 5 moments ever in a video game and I've been playing games for over 20 years. TT deserve all the plaudits they know doubt will receive Phone Post
12/2/12 5:05 AM
Bigjon29
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW is the back to the future game worth buying too? Phone Post
12/2/12 5:46 AM
TSMontana
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bigjon29 -  BTW is the back to the future game worth buying too? Phone Post

I thought so.
12/2/12 2:40 PM
Internet
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just finished episodes 1-5 on the iPad. 

Consequences will never be the same....

This game was incredible. By the end of episode 5 I felt like I really had just walked a thousand miles and lost an arm in a zombie apocalypse. 

Where the fuck was the "I LOVE YOU, CLEM!!! ;_;" option at the end of that shit? Cos that's what I needed. 

As far as season 2 goes, yeahhhhhh I'm gonna need some closure on this whole 'Clem' situation... ahem. *sniff and wipe nose*

12/2/12 10:27 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bigjon29 -  Finally just finished this epic game and wow do I feel drained lol

The scene in the hotel with the guy who kidnapped Clem talking to Lee and the subsequent fight is quite possibly in my top 5 moments ever in a video game and I've been playing games for over 20 years. TT deserve all the plaudits they know doubt will receive Phone Post

I liked the hotel scene too, there's a few instances in games where the player gets confronted about their decisions, but none ever really made you feel as accountable as that scene TWD episode 5.

Really the decisions are only superficial, your group takes the supplies from the Wagon regardless of what you decide, but that didn't detract from it at all for me.

I hope now that season two is more of the same with some cameos. Both the show and the comic go into more fanciful territory later on (Ninjas, etc) and it would be a shame for the Telltale to shift in tone from survival and interpersonal drama to adolescent shite.
12/2/12 10:29 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

Bigjon29 -  BTW is the back to the future game worth buying too? Phone Post

I heard the Back to the Future and Jurassic Park games weren't worth it, never played them myself. I'm sure they'll go on sale on Steam for very little sooner or later.
12/3/12 5:41 PM
invalid
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BttF is worth the, what, $10 it costs now?

It's obviously less adult that TWD, but it is centered around puzzles.

I liked it a lot

BTW, disk version of The Walking Dead confirmed next tuesday
12/3/12 6:14 PM
Freeman
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe more of you people didn't DROP Ben in the tower at the end of chapter 4. He even asked you to! And Kenny was telling you to let him go too. Weak - you all would have died in a real Zombpocalypse..

12/3/12 6:42 PM
Choochy
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freeman -

I can't believe more of you people didn't DROP Ben in the tower at the end of chapter 4. He even asked you to! And Kenny was telling you to let him go too. Weak - you all would have died in a real Zombpocalypse..

Everyone dies in a zombie apocalypse. There is never a happy ending.

I felt bad for Ben so I pulled him up. Phone Post
12/3/12 6:49 PM
SteelyRes211
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freeman - 

YOU NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND!
12/3/12 8:23 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

I let Ben go. He didn't want to be saved.

I see I was one of the minority on that.
12/3/12 8:27 PM
RicePicker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i let him go and instantly regretted it Phone Post
12/3/12 8:51 PM
Jored1990
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saved Ben, he was a massive liability though, like almost everything bad that happened could in some way be traced back to that fuck up

Duck annoyed me aswell but I genuinly felt sad when he died 

12/3/12 9:38 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

At that point I kind of expected that if I didn't save him there, he'd die soon regardless.

He dies jumping out of the bedroom balcony in Episode 5 if you save him?
12/3/12 10:19 PM
SteelyRes211
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Invisible Lats Syndrome - At that point I kind of expected that if I didn't save him there, he'd die soon regardless.

He dies jumping out of the bedroom balcony in Episode 5 if you save him?

Yep and when he did I was all "Goddamnit! If this fuck is still alive I'm going to kill him myself."
12/3/12 10:41 PM
The Blizz
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dropped that bitch. you gotta drop him for Carly's sake.
12/4/12 12:24 AM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dropped that bitch Ben as well
12/5/12 4:09 AM
MrFluffyHippo
1370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dropped him too. Lol

Just finished the game. Holy shit my head hurts just from the emotional involvement!
So crazy. Other games need to realize its not the graphics or the multiplayer or the frame rates or any of that shit.

It totally made me feel like I was in the game. Unreal... Phone Post
12/5/12 4:56 PM
Jored1990
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone got the compendium for the ipad, thinking about reading the comics was wondering what it's like on an ipad

12/5/12 5:20 PM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dropped Ben's gay ass. Hated him for a long time
12/6/12 7:24 PM
Freeman
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUCK BEN. He fucked up bad and put the whole group at risk so he had to go. And the end was better without him there - Kenny doesn't die (presumably) while trying to pur Ben out of his misery.

12/6/12 9:49 PM
TheZa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm gonna replay from start to finish this weekend. Maybe tomorrow night or Saturday after the fights. Goals will be to keep Carly alive beyond episode 3. Phone Post
12/6/12 10:43 PM
The Blizz
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheZa - I'm gonna replay from start to finish this weekend. Maybe tomorrow night or Saturday after the fights. Goals will be to keep Carly alive beyond episode 3. Phone Post
I don't think that's possible, but good luck. Phone Post
12/7/12 5:25 PM
invalid
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freeman - 

FUCK BEN. He fucked up bad and put the whole group at risk so he had to go. And the end was better without him there - Kenny doesn't die (presumably) while trying to pur Ben out of his misery.

I guess that all depends on how you want to play the game. Passing judgement on others as to who lives and dies was not my Lee - my Lee was trying to get over the fact that he did that by murdering the man sleeping with his wife, which ruined his life... well, almost as much as a zombie outbreak haha
12/7/12 7:34 PM
homegrowncone
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I found the Ben - Kenny confrontation in Episode 5 to be one of the most emotionally charged moments in the game, made me glad I kept him around his speech was epic.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.