UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> The Walking Dead

12/7/12 7:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Blizz
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

homegrowncone -

I found the Ben - Kenny confrontation in Episode 5 to be one of the most emotionally charged moments in the game, made me glad I kept him around his speech was epic.

hrmmmmm, i might keep him around this time just to see that. Phone Post
12/7/12 11:12 PM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Walking Dead game won GOTY at the spike VGA's tonight FWIW
12/8/12 12:27 AM
xsrg95
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah it was awesome :)

12/8/12 4:14 PM
Choochy
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie killar - The Walking Dead game won GOTY at the spike VGA's tonight FWIW
Impressive considering its an indy.

That's great news though. Phone Post
12/9/12 7:59 PM
MushroomHead
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just bought and played through the final episode today.

Kind of disappointed in episode 5. Was hoping the final episode would be more epic.

Pretty good shit in all though. I look forward to playing again and making different choices. Phone Post
12/9/12 10:01 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheZa -  I'm gonna replay from start to finish this weekend. Maybe tomorrow night or Saturday after the fights. Goals will be to keep Carly alive beyond episode 3. Phone Post

If she doesn't die in Episode 1, she will die in Ep3, there's no way of stopping it.
12/17/12 5:43 PM
Jacinto
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Invisible Lats Syndrome - 
TheZa -  I'm gonna replay from start to finish this weekend. Maybe tomorrow night or Saturday after the fights. Goals will be to keep Carly alive beyond episode 3. Phone Post

If she doesn't die in Episode 1, she will die in Ep3, there's no way of stopping it.

Are any other of the telltale games any good and is the gameplay the same as Walking Dead?
12/17/12 5:55 PM
invalid
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Their other games are more puzzle adventures with the point and click inventory system.

you know how TWD had easy as fuck puzzles?

the other ones are much more elaborate and comedy based.

they're also not violent, but I'm sure you guessed that haha

check out Monkey Island or Sam and Max
12/17/12 6:15 PM
Choochy
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just started again. Half way through ep 1. This really is Clems story and Lee is a bystander.

She is so innocent in e1 and bashs heads in in e5... Phone Post
12/17/12 8:30 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

Jacinto - 
Invisible Lats Syndrome - 

Are any other of the telltale games any good and is the gameplay the same as Walking Dead?

I haven't played Jurassic Park or Back to the Future but I haven't heard good reports. The Wallace and Gromit games are supposed to be okay but easy, can't vouch personally.

I do really like the Monkey Island games, it could be nostalgia though, The Secret of Monkey Island was my favourite game for years after it came out. The humour in the Telltale games is good and the puzzles are actually reasonable and I could figure them out without a guide.

The Sam and Max games are alright, I finished the first season. Overall there isn't as much variety as the Monkey Island games and it seems to be more dialogue orientated.

I was able to get the full seasons of the MI and Sam and Max games cheap on the Steam sales. 3 or 4 hours to finish an episode usually.
12/18/12 5:14 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com

The first episode is available for free for a limited time if you haven't played it yet: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/walking-dead-the-game/id524731580?mt=8

12/18/12 5:42 PM
LordSeano
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best game I have played in a long time.

Duck's story really upset me. Just the way that showed him getting weaker and weaker. I know its cheesy but as a dad that scene really affected me. Just the dialogue as they discussed having to take him in the wood. Fuuuck.

Then I couldnt let Kenny do it and the pov shot of him slumped against the tree. Fuck - it still bothers me.

Then the scene with the little boy in the attic. Man I got fucking angry, just like Lee, at the parents that killed themselves and left the boy to starve to .

And when Ben left Clem to the walkers I was dying for a dialogue option to take that fucker out.
12/18/12 11:48 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

LordSeano - Best game I have played in a long time.

Duck's story really upset me. Just the way that showed him getting weaker and weaker. I know its cheesy but as a dad that scene really affected me. Just the dialogue as they discussed having to take him in the wood. Fuuuck.

Then I couldnt let Kenny do it and the pov shot of him slumped against the tree. Fuck - it still bothers me.

Then the scene with the little boy in the attic. Man I got fucking angry, just like Lee, at the parents that killed themselves and left the boy to starve to .

And when Ben left Clem to the walkers I was dying for a dialogue option to take that fucker out.

The couple that committed suicide were in the house next door.
12/19/12 2:29 AM
LordSeano
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was under the impression the house was a detached house but may have been wrong then. Phone Post
12/27/12 2:14 AM
40oztofreedom
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT - beginning episode 4

This game has been great so far Phone Post
12/27/12 5:44 PM
40oztofreedom
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMG saddest game ever... Can this game be carried on to a new season? Or is this it? 9/10 easy, I should start watching the show Phone Post
12/27/12 5:59 PM
invalid
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's it, man
12/27/12 7:42 PM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There will be a season 2 with new characters also for anybody that hasnt played this episode 1 is free on XBLA for the rest of the year.
12/28/12 1:58 AM
LordSeano

Did you all watch the credits through to see the final scene??

Its on youtube if not. Phone Post
12/28/12 5:20 AM
Jored1990
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LordSeano -  Did you all watch the credits through to see the final scene??

Its on youtube if not. Phone Post

Is that when Clementine is in that field and see's some people on a hill? Or did I miss something

12/28/12 6:16 AM
LordSeano

yeah that one
12/28/12 10:35 AM
invalid

or the super secret ending where Kenny gets his mullet caught in a woodchipper?
12/30/12 7:51 AM
Hitman Rob

sub'd

played episode 2 last night- amazing story, best i;ve come across for a game. i personally feel that the experience is not emotionally drawing but the story more gripping than the tv series
12/30/12 8:40 AM
LordSeano

Wait till episode 3 and see if you still think its not emotional..... Phone Post
1/5/13 4:08 PM
cwcoogan
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just finished the game this morning and it's all I can think about. If you can get all the way through this song while watching that image without getting a little torn up you're a better man than me. http://youtu.be/ed8CGgIRlfk

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.