UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> *CHOCOLATE AL SHIRT DRIVE UPDATE*

4/25/12 7:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/25/12 7:53 PM

After a long delay due to lost orders, incorrect addresses on several Paypal accounts, and three sets of replacements being sent out to addresses across the globe, we have FINALLY completed our campaign after four months of fundraising.

I wish we could have raised more for Danny Jr's aftercare, but we should all feel proud that we were able to raise $5,529.61 U.S. for the Millers. They will be getting a money order in the next week along with a box of 50 shirts to distribute to their team and to sell at AMA. "Chocolate Al" will be at the gym next week and will be signing a handful of shirts for the CSC Auction.

Thanks to Josh J for printing the original order and the replacements, to mixedmartialfarts for vectorizing Abby's drawing and to everyone who bought a shirt. Job well done, UG.

Cheers,

Mike

4/25/12 7:12 PM
fryabusa
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chocolate Al, it doesn't get any better than that.
4/25/12 7:43 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/25/12 7:45 PM
 Thanks for your expert advice, nevele.  I don't recognize your name from any of the orders I hand processed. How many shirts did you buy?

There won't be a next time since this was a one-off charity drive. We assumed we'd sell 100 shirts, but it ended up being closer to 400-500. Like I said, there were some that got lost, but many of the issues were at the user end due to old incorrect addresses on their paypal accounts. In all, I think I re-shipped 50 shirts back out. Since they cost around $3 each to make because the "rinky dink" print shop did all of the printing for free. If you had offered to do all of the hand packing and labelling, I wouldn't have had to import all of the shirts to Canada so I could ship them around the world.

Some people can find bad in the best intentions.

4/25/12 7:44 PM
Mike Russell

Oh, and VTFD.
4/25/12 7:49 PM
tjmitch
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey nevele, why dont you go play a game of hide and go fuck yourself.

dick.
4/25/12 7:56 PM
tjmitch
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you for all your work on this Mike.
4/25/12 7:57 PM
Dougie
1098 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nevele - I watched this with bemausement. Please never entertain any business endeavours ever again.
You imported t-shirts from the USA to Canada then re-exported them around the world, and nearly all got lost.
Canada has the single best source of t-shirts.
http://gildan.com/
You can sometimes buy a dozen shirts for one dollar. Instead you bought from a rinky dink print ship in the US, imported them into Canada, and re-exported them from there, and you wonder why they got lost? What is it a drawn out 8 month saga, when even your friend in Vancouver, never received his.
Worst failure of a businessman ever, sorry to say.
Next time, get the artwork from wherever, source the shirts from your home town, and for an extra dollar insure the parcel, so it can be tracked.

You are a douche.
4/25/12 7:59 PM
Dougie
1098 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nevele - Don't be embarrased.
No one since the '80's wears mix 50/50. You can 100% cotton from Gildan down the road from youl To import and re-export textiles is the single most international trade hurdle, hence t-shirts are made in shit holes like Guatamala.
Your in Canada where one of the biggest and best manufacturer's exist. Not your fault, your not in the t-shirt business. Buddy in the States with his key chain and beer bug screening shot offers it for free, you bring them into Canada and try to re-export them and they all get lost.
My words of wisdom are for the future. Contact Gildan direct, and check their outlet, you'll get 100% cotton t's for next to nothing at their close outs. Take your artist friend's screen and punch them out here. Send it via Canada Post insured for 4 dollars and you can track it.
Instead you kept resending another and another t-shirt until the recipient got it.
You didn't care, because it came out of the final total to the family the endeavour was originally created for.
Your not to blame. You're a failure of a businessman, which is why I say stick to what you know best.
Just how much in loss was fucking around re-sending and re-sending the same thing over and over.
No need to be upset.

Yeah...still a douche.
4/25/12 8:01 PM
Dougie

Good job Mike. You stepped up to do something difficult and did your best to make everything right and help someone out. I'm proud of you.

Many will be critical but of course none of them bought a shirt or offered to help out blah blah blah.

if everyone did one thing like this to try and help others imagine what life would be like?

Kudos to Mr. Russell.
4/25/12 8:03 PM
tjmitch

Thank you for your use of the Mixed Martial Arts feedback system. Unfortunately, your are only allotted one vote per person, per day, and that has been exceeded. Please wait 24 hours before voting on this user again. Use of the system is contingent on your best efforts, so we do ask that you use the votes with care.
4/25/12 8:04 PM
Mike Russell

nevele - Don't be embarrased.

No one since the '80's wears mix 50/50. You can 100% cotton from Gildan down the road from youl To import and re-export textiles is the single most international trade hurdle, hence t-shirts are made in shit holes like Guatamala.

Your in Canada where one of the biggest and best manufacturer's exist. Not your fault, your not in the t-shirt business. Buddy in the States with his key chain and beer bug screening shot offers it for free, you bring them into Canada and try to re-export them and they all get lost.

My words of wisdom are for the future. Contact Gildan direct, and check their outlet, you'll get 100% cotton t's for next to nothing at their close outs. Take your artist friend's screen and punch them out here. Send it via Canada Post insured for 4 dollars and you can track it.

Instead you kept resending another and another t-shirt until the recipient got it.

You didn't care, because it came out of the final total to the family the endeavour was originally created for.

Your not to blame. You're a failure of a businessman, which is why I say stick to what you know best.

Just how much in loss was fucking around re-sending and re-sending the same thing over and over.

No need to be upset.

I'm only embarassed for you. You haven't got a clue. My brother in law works for FedEx and gets 90% off shipping bulk orders and unless you're sending doll t-shirts within Canada, $4 won't get a t-shirt across the border, let alone insured.

You're a scumbag and a failure of a human being and with any luck will be voted off this site for good. 

Where were you with all of your helpful advice when we were discussing this? Oh yeah, sitting back bemused waiting to write a scathing gotcha post to let us know how terrible we were at making money for a charitable cause.
4/25/12 8:07 PM
Mike Russell

As many people stated time and time again, the shirt was like a bonus for donating $20 to the Millers.
4/25/12 8:10 PM
Mike Russell

nevele - lol@ fedex'ing a 2 ounce t-shirt.

have another beer eh.

toot toot

You do understand what "BULK ORDERS" means right? As in 500 shirts from the U.S.?
4/25/12 8:12 PM
Mike Russell

Idiots like you are why more people don't do nice things for others. If only your mother had hugged you more.
4/25/12 8:13 PM
the geek
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nevele, leave this place and don't come back. It's always so easy to sit on the side lines and criticize.

I tell you what, come up with your own creative idea and raise more money than Mike did for DJ Miller, or leave the UG (or perhaps any social activities) forever?

Do you accept?

A for you Mike. You are a great man, thanks for taking on this challenging endeavor to benefit a child in need.
4/25/12 8:18 PM
the geek
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell - Idiots like you are why more people don't do nice things for others. If only your mother had hugged you more.

But it's people like you that inspire people to do good Mike. For instance, your work has directly inspired me to look into being a living kidney donor.
4/25/12 8:19 PM
Mike Russell

the geek - 
Mike Russell - Idiots like you are why more people don't do nice things for others. If only your mother had hugged you more.

But it's people like you that inspire people to do good Mike. For instance, your work has directly inspired me to look into being a living kidney donor.

Awesome! 
4/25/12 8:20 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
3181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nevele - Don't be embarrased.

No need to be upset.
What a dick!!

Are there still shirts available? XL? Phone Post
4/25/12 8:21 PM
aloysius
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nevele - lol@ fedex'ing a 2 ounce t-shirt.

have another beer eh.

toot toot

This was definitely posted from Grandma's basement.
4/25/12 8:22 PM
BaraoKix
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell -  Thanks for your expert advice, nevele.  I don't recognize your name from any of the orders I hand processed. How many shirts did you buy?

There won't be a next time since this was a one-off charity drive. We assumed we'd sell 100 shirts, but it ended up being closer to 400-500. Like I said, there were some that got lost, but many of the issues were at the user end due to old incorrect addresses on their paypal accounts. In all, I think I re-shipped 50 shirts back out. Since they cost around $3 each to make because the "rinky dink" print shop did all of the printing for free. If you had offered to do all of the hand packing and labelling, I wouldn't have had to import all of the shirts to Canada so I could ship them around the world.

Some people can find bad in the best intentions.<br type="_moz" />  

Great job, Mike!

Dont let negative people put any damper on this great cause!
4/25/12 8:22 PM
the geek

nevele - Lol @ the geek who never flew on a airplane in his life except with in the last 6 months.

Mommy still fold your underoos in Steveston?

So I'll take that as a no? Thought so!

Either way, feel free to be a douche nozzle. I'm done replying to your trolling.
4/25/12 8:32 PM
mastertahj
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nevele, nothing like shitting on putting in work purely for the benefit of someone else to make yourself feel superior...

You really put the 'ass' in 'hole'...

VTFD Phone Post
4/25/12 8:32 PM
MMA Under 10
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was more interested in donating the money than getting a tshirt. Seems like nevelle works for the place "you should have used." Phone Post
4/25/12 8:33 PM
Sliss_77
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nevele -Send it via Canada Post insured for 4 dollars and you can track it.

Please tell me what service this is as it is very relevent to my interests.

Just sending a  registered letter is $15 for a personal account, let alone a T-shirt.
4/25/12 8:35 PM
EighNullSects
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm gonna ignore him. It would prob be best for everybody else to ignore him too.

IMHO, Jim Miller stated it best when he took the mic after defeating Melvin Guillard:

all the fans, everybody, the ufc, you all probably know that my nephew is goin through some hard times, and i wanna thank you from the bottom of my heart, and everybody from my family, we love you. we come in here and we fight as hard as we can, and i just wanna thank you.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.