UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hioki turned down title bout with Aldo

4/26/12 11:09 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Two of the top featherweights in the world, Hatsu Hioki and Ricardo Lamas, will battle it out June 22 on the UFC on FX card in Atlantic City," White told FOXSports.com.

“Many pegged Hioki as the next possible challenger for Jose Aldo's title, but he wants one more test before going for the belt," White said. "In his way is Lamas, who has proven to be a tough competitor for anyone to deal with, especially since moving down to featherweight and finishing both opponents at 145 pounds. Both guys have verbally agreed to the match."

read entire article...

4/26/12 11:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheThrill
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hes gonna feel like a real dipshit when he loses his next fight...lamas by decision
4/26/12 11:41 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hioki has way more experience than Koch.

I think it was a mistake for him to not take this fight. Koch is only 23, he can have many title shots in his career. Hioki is like 28, granted he still has a lot of years left but I still think he should have taken this fight.

Koch has plenty of time to improve and grow as a fighter, Hioki, not so much... Phone Post
4/26/12 11:43 AM
Chris
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO
I actually agree with Hioki. Let's say he can't beat Lamas, then did he deserve to be in a title fight in the first place? In the UFC if he you think you should be the champion, or fight for the title, you should be confident you can beat every other guy in your weight class.
4/26/12 11:46 AM
Acidic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As you can see Hioki is a different type of compititor. He doesnt underestimate any opponent so you know chances are you will see the best him fight (besides the roop fight lol).

Regardless hes confident that he will win that hes willing to step back and this is MMA. MMA is a game of ifs when you're inside the octogon because anything can happen if you make the right or wrong move.

War Hioki
4/26/12 11:48 AM
minotauro11
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hioki barely got past Roop in the US. It's smart of him to take some time to make sure he's the best he can be when he takes on Aldo. If anyone can do it, it's Hioki, but it's obviously unlikely. I'd rather see this fight when Hioki is fully capable and confident. Phone Post
4/26/12 11:50 AM
Eveready
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fair play for knowing he's not ready and maybe needing more time to adapt to the cage, can't be easy to turn down a title shot.
4/26/12 11:51 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Just checking if everyone here who is complimenting and agreeing with Hioki's decision, never called Anderson/GSP/Henderson ducker/coward/scared etc...???
4/26/12 11:57 AM
behrens14
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like a determined man with a plan. Is Hioki the last great JMMA hope?
4/26/12 11:59 AM
whoabro

Who is lamas? Is this his ufc debut? Phone Post
4/26/12 12:00 PM
Card
1905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still no word on who Aldo is going to fight right?
4/26/12 12:02 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Card -  Still no word on who Aldo is going to fight right?

Eric Koch is all but official. Either 147 or 149.
4/26/12 12:14 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoabro - Who is lamas? Is this his ufc debut? Phone Post
He is 2-0 in the UFC.

I've only seen him fight in the UFC once, he came back from losing to arm triangle Cub Swanson. He is pretty good, tough guy. Phone Post
4/26/12 1:38 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

GoodnightWorld - This is a dumb move for Hioki. Mad cardio and wrestling have always been the Achilles heel of Japanese fighters, and Rick has both. Rick should be able to stop him.
I don't think Japanese fighters should all be tarred with the same brush.

Yushin Okami for example, has good wrestling. Yes he was dominated by Chael, but Chael is one of the best wrestlers in MMA. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Kazushi Sakuraba also had great wrestling and a pretty much unlimited gas tank to boot.

I fancy Hioki's chances against Lamas. Phone Post
4/26/12 1:42 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should have been Yuri Alcantara not Lamas! Also 2-0 in the UFC, on a 13 fight win streak, and ko'd Lamas in both of their last fights before joining the UFC.
4/26/12 1:48 PM
caposa
1559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think everyone can respect that, but Lamas is no pushover.

Should be a great fight. I may have to get tickets to this show just to see it live
4/26/12 1:50 PM
Chris27

Is beating Lamas gonna make you more prepared to beat Aldo?

Or is he hoping Aldo loses before he has to fight him? I just dont get this, take the title fight while you can, beating Lamas isnt gonna do anything to prepare you for Aldo.

4/26/12 2:43 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Chris27 - Is beating Lamas gonna make you more prepared to beat Aldo?

Or is he hoping Aldo loses before he has to fight him?  I just dont get this, take the title fight while you can, beating Lamas isnt gonna do anything to prepare you for Aldo.

Or hoping he moves up to 155?
4/26/12 2:53 PM
mikerobmma
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This man with almost 30 fights needs more time before fighting the champ? This same guy who's champ in multiple promotions? Yeah, ok. Phone Post
4/26/12 2:57 PM
xlDutchielx

Shit I would fight Jose Aldo if they need me.. How can you pass on that exposure and money his stock would have sky rocketed. Even if he got smashed in 5 seconds wow unbelievable. Hit me up UFC I'll take an ass whopping for you!!! Phone Post
4/26/12 3:28 PM
MoneyMO
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't really blame the guy. If Hioki doesn't feels he's ready to fight for the title, then he shouldn't be forced into it.

Imagine the uproar if the UFC forced somebody into a fight they weren't ready for?
4/26/12 4:47 PM
Hate420
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No budo

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.