UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Update: Faith, Family, Friends, Fighting and...

4/26/12 9:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
justinthevikingwren
1380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And in that order.

Before you flame away because of one word in the title, I thought I'd fill in the UG on what is going on in my life. Why? Because a thread was started that I missed with a few curious people about when I'd fight again, thanks Ecko/Slovin for checking in on me :-)

I'm driving and Moving back to Tejas...

Going back to the war-torn Congo to love "the unloveables" and to fight for a forgotten people.

Then... Drumroll...

Bible College. From the youngest fighter on The Ultimate Fighter... To the oldest guy enrolling in Bible college (maybe, not fact).

And fighting... Where does that come in? When am I fighting? How can I do both... And more...

If your interested, prepare for a NOVEL! Sorry for the length... I challenge you to read if your gonna flame... but u already got some good ammo. :-) Phone Post
4/26/12 9:48 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/26/12 9:47 PM
4/26/12 9:48 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is great! What school? God bless as you pursue His will.
4/26/12 10:24 PM
KC007
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before you get "touched" by an angel. Phone Post
4/26/12 10:31 PM
5pointer

God bless brother..
4/26/12 10:33 PM
therubberbandit
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Which bible college? Phone Post
4/26/12 10:50 PM
justinthevikingwren
1380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - That is great! What school? God bless as you pursue His will.
Thanks guys! I have it all typed out... But in Podunk-ville New Mexico there is NO service hardly so I am trying to post over and over from my phone app. Phone Post
4/26/12 11:08 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I definitely respect you, but faith > family. Seems backwards. Phone Post
4/26/12 11:13 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - I definitely respect you, but faith > family. Seems backwards.

God has to be number one. Even family, as important as it is, comes after God.
4/26/12 11:32 PM
justinthevikingwren

Right this second I'm in the middle of nowhere driving a uhaul back to DFW full of ALL my stuff... Honestly I'd have never thought I'd be moving back to DFW... I love Colorado, Grudge, Coach T, the mountains, all the guys at the gym, and the list goes on and on... And on. (side note: if your looking to move somewhere incredible... Did I mention CO is pretty awesome?)

So the top two questions I get asked are as follows...

1. When is your next fight?
2. How can you be a Christian and fight?

The first answer is I don't know... I'm pretty healed up from an injury now... But more than that I've been trying to get my life in line with living with a heart on fire (passion), and a life on purpose (meaning).

I don't want to go back to being the depressed, drunk, drug addict that I had became a little before TUF, and even more after. I missed one of my best friends weddings... Being the best man... Because I don't remember approx 2 months of my life. My other best friend I kicked out of my house bc he was trying to help me get back to being a sober, passionate fighter pursuing my dreams and talents.

I'll go back to fighting in the right timing. I believe that's not my timing, it's God's. Pops knows best, He knows me better than I know myself. If He opens the door... I'll gladly jump through it. Phone Post
4/26/12 11:45 PM
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, not knowing what happened for 2 months is pretty crazy. If you don't mind sharing what were you doing?

Thank the Lord that you reconnected, and are on fire now.
4/26/12 11:59 PM
UGCTT_Charlie's_Tiger_Blood
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So are you sober now? Is that what lead you to this life of faith? Phone Post
4/27/12 12:02 AM
Devereaux

There is no god.
4/27/12 12:03 AM
inf0
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/27/12 12:03 AM
beleive in yourself

4/27/12 12:09 AM
THE CACTUS KID
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep on keepin on Justin.God bless
4/27/12 12:12 AM
justinthevikingwren

Your silly
4/27/12 12:13 AM
justinthevikingwren

2. How can I be a Christian and fight? 

A: How can I be a Christian and NOT fight?!?!? As a Christian you step onto a battleground... We all know life is a fight, more of a fight than ANY cage fight, and it will leave you a lot worse off than a 15-25 minute beating. This world isn't a playground... It's a battleground. 

If your a Christian your meant to fight... Fight for your faith, your family, your wives, your kiddos, your friends... Your meant to fight for Orphans who can't defend themselves, to care for them... Fight for hurting people to have clean water, shelter... To fight for the hungry to have food... Fight for Pygmies to not be enslaved, raped, killed, eaten... To make a difference, to impact people's lives... To fight against things trying to stop yourself from loving God passionately, and loving people fiercely. 

So if your still reading what's next for me? 
4/27/12 12:15 AM
justinthevikingwren

I've been trying to learn to walk through life not relying on my "ability" but learning to rely on my AVAILABILITY... To God. 

When I relied on my ability... When I relied on my self significance, life purpose, and all my happiness being in living out my dream of being a fighter... I ended up a depressed, drunk, drug addict. The order was Fighting, Family, Friends... With no Faith. Everything crumbled... Everything shattered... Everything was dark and desperate. 

1 year, 11 months and 21 days ago I rearranged the order. 

Faith, Family, Friends... Fighting. It changed my life drastically. It got me off drugs, literally I talked to a Teen Challenge drug rehab last night with one of my best friends present, mother, and grandmother and they attested it's only because of GOD that I didn't have to go through INTENSIVE rehab. It brought peace into my life, fulfillment, purpose and joy... Drugs brought me happiness... God brings me joy. God made me go from someone Grudge training center didn't want at their gym (they voted me off)... To someone that yesterday they were saying they were going to miss, hated to see me go & always have a home there. Only God could transform a person like that... U don't like yourself? Others don't like you? Give God a chance to work in your heart!  Even if people don't like u, like some of you not liking me right now... My JOY comes from God and on me loving people in need and it doesn't rely on y'all liking me. 
4/27/12 12:16 AM
justinthevikingwren

God set me free from the 3D vision I created (depressed, drunk, druggie)... And replaced it with a God given 3D vision... Taking the HOPE of Christ to the Dark, Dangerous, Despised places of the world. To either take them Jesus... Take them water... Give them shelter... Something to better their lives. 

So how am I going to pursue that? Why am I moving back to Texas? 

Availability... To God.

I'm moving back for the very same reason I moved to Colorado. In Colorado I felt I had the best coaching and training partners I could imagine... In DFW I feel like I have the best spiritual coaching and training partners I could find. People with similar passions and relationships with God. People further along than me, people who will be incredible coaches and make me better.

How am I going to get coaching? I'm being "discipled/coached" by a means pastor at a great church.. And... Drumroll... This is where all the haters will explode... And I'll lose more support, more will want to see me get smashed and where most people will have a "heyday" in their responses. 

Availability>Ability... 

I'm going to Bible College!  Where I'm going to have my own heyday! You have yours heyday flaming me, I'll have mine pursuing something I'm passionate about :-) 

I'm going to be pursuing Christian Ministry and Missions. 

God doesn't NEED my/ur ability.. But he desires my/ur availability! 

Not sure how I'm going to financially do it, not sure if I'm going to use my spiritual gift of "laying hands" on people to pay my way through it... Not sure if I'm gonna be a roofer... Not sure if I can intern at a Church...
Not sure if I'll flip burgers... But God doesn't call the qualified... Because I'm definitely not... But He qualifies the called. I feel like this is what I'm suppose to do, and I'm going to chase it with more fervor than I have EVER pursued anything. 

So... 

What's my biggest fear? 
Speaking

What's my biggest weakness? 
School

What's my strength? 
Big dumb wrestler/fighter

Why would I EVER pursue what is my bigger fear and weakness? Because I've given God my availability. I want to impact people's lives and watch God work in their lives like He did mine. I want to see captives set free, druggies drop their dope... And I want HOPE to be given to anyone who feels "hopeless." 

I want to fight more than I ever have in my life, but even greater I want to pursue the God who has been TOO good to me. 

God doesn't need my ability... Because if I give him my availability He can increase any ability or inability I have and use it for His glory.

So I am waiting... Preparing... And building a foundation. I'll fight in God's timing, if Pops sends me back... Some of you might care, some of you definitely don't... Some of you might want to see me pound some dudes... And some definitely want to see me get pounded. 

Right now I'm going back and planning my next trip to the Pygmies... If you've seen Kony2012 I'm going back to where I was before... Where the LRA and other rebel groups in the Congo hunt Pygmies down like animals to eat for superhuman power... Where Pygmies practice witchcraft... Where some Pygmies fled from us at first  thinking I was a "ghost" because they hadn't even HEARD of white skin... And I'm going there to live with them for a month or more...  To hunt antelope, to eat with, and to do life with them....To learn about their culture... To see how we can BETTER their lives... To see how we can buy them their own land where they hopefully could be treated fairly... Where we can hopefully change the 1 out of 2 kids being born and  then dying before their five yrs old... Get them clean water where they don't drink from stagnant, disgusting water... and take HOPE and love to some people who have been deemed "unlovable" by every people group surrounding them. 

After that bible college in September.... 

And I don't have a real solid answer for fighting... All I know is I will always be a fighter, I'm still a viking... I'm just a little more of a tender warrior now. 

Thanks for your time and sorry for the frat... 

I pray you guys will live a passionate, fulfilled, joyful life wherever you are. With your hearts on fire... And lives on purpose.

Ok... Flame away ;-)
4/27/12 12:23 AM
Thingading
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Faith in what? The fact that this very second one child is born into a life of love, security, and opportunity while another is born addicted to crack with almost no shot at any sort of happiness, hope, or another who is going to care about him/her?

The absolute randomness of almost everything on this planet has made me much less inclined to lean towards faith and instead on myself.
4/27/12 12:23 AM
Devereaux

justinthevikingwren - Your silly

You're.
4/27/12 12:26 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

That was very encouraging to read. Thank you.
4/27/12 12:28 AM
Perfer Et Obdura
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Universe is approximately 13.7 billion years old

We didn't co-exist with dinosaurs

Evolution is a fact

Good Luck!
4/27/12 12:30 AM
inf0
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" Right now I'm going back and planning my next trip to the Pygmies... If you've seen Kony2012 I'm going back to where I was before... Where the LRA and other rebel groups in the Congo hunt Pygmies down like animals to eat for superhuman power... Where Pygmies practice witchcraft... Where some Pygmies fled from us at first  thinking I was a "ghost" because they hadn't even HEARD of white skin... And I'm going there to live with them for a month or more...  To hunt antelope, to eat with, and to do life with them....To learn about their culture... To see how we can BETTER their lives... To see how we can buy them their own land where they hopefully could be treated fairly... Where we can hopefully change the 1 out of 2 kids being born and  then dying before their five yrs old... Get them clean water where they don't drink from stagnant, disgusting water... and take HOPE and love to some people who have been deemed "unlovable" by every people group surrounding them. "

This is amazing. But don't be completely dismissive of witchcraft. These kinds of practices actually tap into our primal spiritual connections. It is the reason the priest swings the ball of incense or why prayers are repeated - mantras created. Casting spells or using voodoo may sound like madness to us, but it is far from it. A state of trance - call it magickal or spiritual -  is necessary to push our desires via prayer or meditation upon sigil or symbol into our subconscious. Planting seeds for our future growth, spells. Some crazy shit like a voodoo sermon could easily help the practicioner obtain the state of mind necessary to set their plans afoot in the universe. 

4/27/12 12:40 AM
Brian Rule
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren - God set me free from the 3D vision I created (depressed, drunk, druggie)... And replaced it with a God given 3D vision... Taking the HOPE of Christ to the Dark, Dangerous, Despised places of the world. To either take them Jesus... Take them water... Give them shelter... Something to better their lives.

You do realize this can be done entirely without religious doctrine, no?

As mindbottling as 'faith' is to me if it makes you a better person then that's cool and I'm genuinely happy for you. Just please try keeping it to yourself (...actually I know that won't happen). But just please avoid the unavoidable temptation to control the freedoms of others.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.