UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> NSAC Rebuts Nick Diaz Lawsuit

4/30/12 8:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
slamming
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/4/30/2989785/state-of-nevada-rebuts-nick-diaz-lawsuit

"No Notice of Summary Suspension was ever served on your client," Masto wrote. "In this matter, Mr. Diaz was properly served with a 'Notice of Hearing on Temporary Suspension' and he failed to appear at the hearing. The Commission temporarily suspended Mr. Diaz’s license at the hearing. Neither Mr. Diaz nor you objected in any manner to the temporary suspension."

The letter effectively indicates that because Diaz was not given a "summary suspension," his case does not fall under Nevada code NRS 233B.127, which requires a hearing within 45 days. A separate code, NRS 467.117, indicates that the commission can " continue the suspension until it makes a final determination of any disciplinary action to be taken against the licensee or holder of the permit."

The letter also indicates that the NSAC delay in scheduling Diaz's hearing was partially his fault, caused while waiting for him to produce his medical marijuana card.

"I've waited for more than a month for the card," Masto wrote.
4/30/12 8:30 PM
epwar
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz has no case and he knows it.  The 45 days date was something like April 6th, but just recently they were begging to be on the Overeem date of April 24th.  Regardless, the 45 day date only dealt with cases deemed a public emergency.  Diaz's team is grasping at straws.*

*Which means Diaz fans will say "Man, his lawyer is laying the smack down!!!"
4/30/12 8:32 PM
Focker101
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good old NSAC bureaucracy, Nick's Attorney/Dealer's getting taken to school it seems
4/30/12 8:40 PM
frederic
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Focker101 - Good old NSAC bureaucracy, Nick's Attorney/Dealer's getting taken to school it seems
At the expense of Nick's bank account... Phone Post
4/30/12 8:45 PM
epwar
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frederic - 
Focker101 - Good old NSAC bureaucracy, Nick's Attorney/Dealer's getting taken to school it seems
Yeah, I'm surprised Nick hasn't picked up on this.  He is getting hosed.

4/30/12 10:10 PM
slamming

lol
4/30/12 11:36 PM
joeythehulk
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz fans (soon) "Nick was robbed!" And the ever famous "did you SEE The Commission's face compared to Nick's face?" Phone Post
4/30/12 11:45 PM
ChaosOverkill
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Diaz fans = Waaaaaaaaaaaah

Nick Diaz haters = ZOMFG weed smokers are hitler!

Rational MMA fans = No case but will be glad when he's back fighting, always exciting.
5/2/12 2:37 AM
slamming

Ttt
5/2/12 2:40 AM
RandyDarsh
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz haters will cream their pants over this one ! Phone Post
5/2/12 4:19 AM
Humphrey

of course nick has no case.

but you can't tell the judge judy fans that.
5/2/12 4:33 AM
Humphrey

Octagon Mom - Carlos Condit can still suck it!

Nick Diaz makes more headlines not fighting than Carlos does sitting on the sidelines shining his fake ass interim belt.

AN INTERIM CHAMP IS GIVEN A BELT SO HE CAN CONTINUE FIGHTING AND KEEP THE DIVISION ROLLING!

and a nick diaz is given a chance, but was too stupid to attend contractually required press events, and now is too stupid to follow the rules.

Nick is BY FAR his worst enemy. completely void of common sense.
5/2/12 8:15 AM
RJJH
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 
frederic - 

are you really surprised? Nick is not overly smart.
5/2/12 8:16 AM
RJJH
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humphrey -

Nick is BY FAR his worst enemy. completely void of common sense.

5/2/12 8:20 AM
VinnyTheChin
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ah Nick, I think it's time you re-evaluate your legal team. Phone Post
5/2/12 9:23 AM
epwar

RJJH - 
epwar - 
frederic - 

are you really surprised? Nick is not overly smart.
But he is surrounded by people who are.  And I'd be willing to be Zuffa had a look at this before it was filed too.

5/2/12 9:53 AM
Tad Ghostal
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not looking good for Nick but I don't see why they need his MM card before a hearing can take place, just bring it to the hearing?
5/2/12 10:15 AM
Focker101
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - 
Octagon Mom - Keep milking that fake ass belt Carlos, it's going to be a long time before you make it to some B league and get a real one.

Carlos has a much better chance than Nick the crybaby who stamps his feet and holds his breath like a toddler angry about not getting what they want.

Carlos won. Clearly. Fair and square. He landed more strikes, with better technique, and better footwork. Period. The end.

He also has a MUCH better chance against George.

I agree with all except Carlos has a better chance against GSP.

Gsp will put Carlos on his back, were he will offer little threat to GSP, Diaz has a respectable chance even off his back.
5/2/12 10:16 AM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You got a joint man?
5/2/12 11:30 AM
The Popeye
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was gonna fight for the UFC but then I got High

Could have been a title shot wait'n for me but then I got high

Now my license has been suspended and I know whyyyyy

Because I got High because I got high because I got high.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.