UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> In a fight, who'd win, the old you, or current you

5/3/12 11:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Neil McCauley
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think this is a 35 and older poll. Or atleast when you have a noticeable decline as an athlete. Im 25 and ive only gotten stronger, faster, better cardio, better technique, better flexibilty, more knowledgeable about nutrition/recovery since i was 15. Tomorows me would beat todays me, and i plann on making that a fact for as as long as humanly possible (or even longer with TRT )
5/3/12 11:57 PM
gusto

im 33 and would beat the 20 year old me 10/10
5/4/12 12:07 AM
KenBania
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would beat the living shit out of my self
5/4/12 12:10 AM
torquemada
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Old me was 250 lbs of muscle and no skill.
Current would win with relentless choke. Phone Post
5/4/12 12:16 AM
FieryErmine

10 years ago I was 34 and running 5 miles a day and training Muay Thai, BJJ and JKD like 5 days a week.

Today, I don't think I've lost a step, but I don't train nearly as much or nearly as hard. I'm much better on the ground than I was. I think my reflexes are faster. I'm a little bigger and probably more skilled overall.

I think I'd beat the younger me, but the younger me was a pretty damn tough dude and I'd like to avoid that fight if I could.
5/4/12 12:26 AM
Shinsplint
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I beat myself just as hard as I did 10 years ago...  or wait what was the question again?

5/4/12 1:13 AM
jshemanski

I have nightmares about the old me coming to get the new (old) me.
5/4/12 1:33 AM
91W209
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The 21 yr old me would likely beat the crap out of the current version of me. I was in great shape, and fought every once in a while. I haven't fought or sparred in about 2 years and am in horrible shape now. I am about 35 pounds heavier than back when I was on the military so unless I can use my grown man strength to end the fight VERY quickly I would get my ass handed to me. It would look much like A.Silva vs Griffin. Phone Post
5/4/12 1:44 AM
jtown2
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I could survive the initial blitz that the old me would throw at current me then now would win. My kicks,hands and bjj are all better but I didn't care about gassing then so it was a 2 minute furry from hell. Phone Post
5/4/12 1:45 AM
jtown2
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I could survive the initial blitz that the old me would throw at current me then now would win. My kicks,hands and bjj are all better but I didn't care about gassing then so it was a 2 minute furry from hell. Phone Post
5/4/12 1:47 AM
Ingo Weigold
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMANUTS.COM, By Fans, For Fans!
Current me for sure with bjj I would strangle my fat 23yr old ass Phone Post
5/4/12 1:49 AM
KingNeptune
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The current me(29) would wreck and make the 19yr old me his bitch! Phone Post
5/4/12 1:52 AM
ontilt
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I'm 23 but I would wreck me last year, because I started training last September and have had a pankration fight so yeah lol.
5/4/12 1:53 AM
UGCTT_Dinamita
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This me would beat the old me. (My BJJ vs old's TKD) Phone Post
5/4/12 1:56 AM
BrunoMcGyver
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tale of the tape

Current me - Age: 27 Height: 6'1 Weight: 169.5lbs/77kg
Reach: ~76inch
Prime Advantages: Cardio, kicks, geopolitical analysis

'Old me' - Age: 17 Height 6'1 Weight: ~215-225lbs
Reach: ~76inch Prime Advantages: ambitiousness, enough fatto suffocate people

Predicted winner - Current me by either Condit vs Diaz style UD or 2nd Rnd tko due to leg kicks
5/4/12 2:10 AM
Farewell Brock
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The old me, was 18, working 13 hours a day in the oilfield and scrap pretty regularly at the bar. Phone Post
5/4/12 2:30 AM
Smorgle

Depends, if knees on ground are allowed current me is a dead man. Younger me was training and playing rep football (rugby union) and would just spear tackle me and knee me into sweet slumber. No knees and that young bitch is going to tap Phone Post
5/4/12 2:33 AM
FatBuddha
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/04/12 2:34 AM
The old me was definitely in better shape, younger, stronger, faster with about 5-6 years of bjj, doing thai boxing for longer than that, etc.. The new me (15 years of bjj) knows a crap load more about gracie jiujitsu for a fight and judo, but needs to rehab a bunch of stuff lol...hmmm....can I put my new brain in my old body?
5/4/12 2:37 AM
John Wayne Pain

I'm 39, and in better shape than I have ever been. Let these UFC fighters get drunk before hand, and see who wins. If your fucked up enough, you can get your ass kicked.
5/4/12 2:48 AM
UGCTT_Zaph
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

30 year old me's hands were way too fast for 40 year old me.
5/4/12 2:58 AM
John Wayne Pain

It's not the fucking wild west either any more. You can just poke a guy's fucking eye out. The best place to fight any more is somewhere dark and preferably no one else the fuck around to record it with their phone. Your one ass beating away from being on Worldstarhiphop.
5/4/12 3:02 AM
ocdacc
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

37 me kills the 27 me - RIP u slothful son of a bitch (sorry mom) Phone Post
5/4/12 3:05 AM
Ghetto-Top-Team
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 38, started training boxing and BJJ 5 years ago. 10 years ago I was weaker, had no training and no cardio. So it really wouldn't be a contest. 
5/4/12 3:06 AM
Ghetto-Top-Team
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - and I have had my ass kicked enough times to not worry about it like I did when I was younger.

That is another good point. I'm Way more mentally tough now. 
5/4/12 3:07 AM
ChucklesT
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would dominate that 6 year old. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.