UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ross Pearson Won't Be Cut By The UFC

5/4/12 10:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I talked to him on the phone the day that he got out, and we're going to help him through it," White said.

"He's got 50 guys out there that he's training with that he could have called," White said. "He's got money; he could have taken a taxi. It's just one of those bad choices you make at that moment."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28535/ross-pearson-wont-be-pulled-from-ufc-on-fx-4-fight-following-dui-arrest.mma
5/4/12 10:32 AM
AlphaGaia
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Getting a DUI should not get you fired IMO.
5/4/12 11:01 AM
k1levelstriking
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People fuck up sometimes Phone Post
5/4/12 12:07 PM
MachidasBrew 209TT

k1levelstriking - People fuck up sometimes Phone Post
Yeap! Just a poor decision. Phone Post
5/4/12 12:12 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

k1levelstriking -  People fuck up sometimes Phone Post

Exactly.  We all have some days we'd like to take back, wouldn't we?
5/4/12 12:19 PM
Chris27

It says he wont be pulled from the FX card, nothing was ever said about him losing his job with the UFC.

5/4/12 12:47 PM
ClinchedUp

Ross seems like a good guy nobody got hurt glad the company is working with him. Phone Post
5/4/12 12:47 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
 Who gives a shit? Tons of young males get arrested for DUIs. The MMA media needs to stop going out of their way to get people fired.
5/4/12 12:53 PM
jjj2121

grkblood -  Who gives a shit? Tons of young males get arrested for DUIs. The MMA media needs to stop going out of their way to get people fired.

I wouldn't go so far as to say who gives a shit...he could have really hurt someone while driving hammered.  But I also believe in second chances and Ross has been a pretty good representative of the sport and the UFC to this point, glad he kept his job.
5/4/12 1:07 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 -
grkblood -  Who gives a shit? Tons of young males get arrested for DUIs. The MMA media needs to stop going out of their way to get people fired.

I wouldn't go so far as to say who gives a shit...he could have really hurt someone while driving hammered.  But I also believe in second chances and Ross has been a pretty good representative of the sport and the UFC to this point, glad he kept his job.
Agree. Phone Post
5/4/12 1:17 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
 "Who gives a shit?" was a poor choice to use. I should have said "Why is this such a big deal?".
5/4/12 1:40 PM
AssassinsNATION

If he does it and kills someone drunk driving it won't be "no big deal" next time.

Dana fired Torres over a rape JOKE and threatens fighters about their tweets yet let's this slip thru. Phone Post
5/4/12 1:44 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AssassinsNATION - If he does it and kills someone drunk driving it won't be "no big deal" next time.

Yes obviously but that didn't happen. Lots of pro athletes have had dui's. I believe Chris Leben had one a year ago
5/4/12 2:02 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No reason to cut him.

Getting a DUI will not affect your fighting career, it's an mistake, not a dealbreaker. Phone Post
5/4/12 2:14 PM
AssassinsNATION

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
AssassinsNATION - If he does it and kills someone drunk driving it won't be "no big deal" next time.

Yes obviously but that didn't happen. Lots of pro athletes have had dui's. I believe Chris Leben had one a year ago
Nothing against Ross, I root for the guy when he is fighting, i'm just hoping this is something he learns from. Phone Post
5/4/12 2:22 PM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When was a double standard created for driving under the influence? So his chances of being taken off the card (or being fired by Zuffa) would have increased if he harmed someone? Or even worse, what if he killed someone?
5/4/12 2:30 PM
RandyDarsh
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why the fuck would they fire him? Phone Post
5/4/12 2:45 PM
Thacommish
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EBM - When was a double standard created for driving under the influence? So his chances of being taken off the card (or being fired by Zuffa) would have increased if he harmed someone? Or even worse, what if he killed someone?

Where is the double standard? i dont think they have kicked someone out for a dui before, i know leben has had 2 cant think of any others off the top of my head
5/6/12 12:06 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a little ridiculous. If they guy would have killed a guy he would have been obviously of the card. He got arrested for a DUI. So what. I do not understand what that has to do with his career as a fighter. I personally think fighters should mostly be judged on their performances (extreme discrepancies incidentally taken into account).

Something like a one time DIU does not warrant the UFC cutting or suspending a fighter. If the guy gets DUI's on a regular basis it might warrant a different reaction.

Looking forward to see Pearson fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.