UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Why everyone needs a gun at home

5/5/12 3:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JIMMYNAKS
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/ms/p/a3/55/view.m?id=124279 Phone Post
5/5/12 3:33 AM
JIMMYNAKS
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Threatened his life and the life of his gf who was home.

I wish he took the shot. Phone Post
5/5/12 3:50 AM
Sgt. Slaphead
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I woulda shot.....cause my arm can barely hold up the gun for very long, much less smash some fuckheads face repeatedly!

And LOL@ them making big deal of the licensed and registered BOOLSHIT!
5/5/12 3:53 AM
JIMMYNAKS

What nobody is talking about is what that guy could have done to those two while he was in there waiting for the Police to discontinue their search.

Sadly a lot of people will shy away from the what if because it didn't happen. I'm glad the guy and his gf are alright. But I wish he took the shot Phone Post
5/5/12 4:06 AM
Sgt. Slaphead
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NO shit.....all these hand-wringers thinking bad shit will never happen to them!
5/5/12 5:57 AM
FCTV808
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

need to copy and paste story. link was dead when i tried.
5/5/12 11:26 AM
JIMMYNAKS

http://wap.kitv.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=229 Phone Post
5/5/12 11:31 AM
JIMMYNAKS

The Hawaii news now one was more detailed in the story with pictures of blood splatter on the front door.

The suspect, in his attempt to flee Police tried to break into this guy's house by kicking the door with his boots and using a rock.

The victim was ready with his gun but opted to go hands with the suspect and subdued him until Police arrived. Phone Post
5/5/12 1:15 PM
FCTV808
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

j your links are for mobile home page.
5/5/12 5:56 PM
Dark Knight
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The attacker, Michael Napeahi, is accused in a shooting. The person in the home should have shot hi, he is lucky he wasnt killed
5/5/12 5:58 PM
JIMMYNAKS

FCTV808 - j your links are for mobile home page.
Appologies Phone Post
5/5/12 6:24 PM
JIMMYNAKS

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/18152203/gun-toting-resident-fights-captures-attempted-murder-suspect
5/5/12 10:32 PM
FCTV808

un toting resident fights, captures attempted murder suspect
Posted: May 04, 2012 4:03 PM HST Updated: May 04, 2012 7:58 PM HST
By Tim Sakahara - bio | email

Michael Napeahi Michael Napeahi

Connect with us!
Follow us on Twitter...
Send us photos & video

KALIHI (HawaiiNewsNow) - -

An attempted murder suspect trying to make a getaway tries to break into a Kalihi apartment but the man on the other side of the door wasn't having it and it turned into a wild scene.

The shooting happened at this Nuuanu Gardens Apartment complex on Nuuanu Avenue late Thursday night. Police say the victim and three men were fighting when shots were fired.

While getting away one suspect made it to an apartment on Robello Lane in Kalihi and picked the wrong door. Michael Napeahi, 35, was allegedly trying to kick down the door using a rock and his foot. He was getting close to breaking through when the owner inside, known as BG opened the door armed with his shotgun. He says Napeahi charged in anyway and threatened to kill BG and his girlfriend yet he didn't shoot. Instead they got into an intense fist fight. Blood can be seen splattered on the door, the floor and the American flag hanging on the wall.

"I think it's a classic case of an everyday citizen defending himself and his family. I think he used great constraint that he didn't fire the firearm," said Harvey Gerwig, Lessons In Firearms Education (LIFE) and Hawaii Rifle Association President.

Gerwig teaches firearm safety. He tells students not to get into a fist fight because if you lose the gun can go into the wrong hands. He also encourages gun owners to know the law. He believes BG would have had the right to fire since the assailant came inside and threatened them. However gun owners also need to know there is a difference between protecting people versus property.

"So if the threat was to you, your family, your innocent others than you have a right to defend yourself. If you are defending property, meaning he's running out the door with your TV you cannot shoot him," said Gerwig.

In this case BG got the better hand and held the Napeahi at gunpoint until police arrived.

The other two suspects, David Makilan, 30, and Brandon Jamile, 26, were also caught nearby.

By the way BG says his shotgun is licensed and registered with the city.

Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.