UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roger Gracie vs Keith Jardine @ MW in July

5/6/12 1:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_slugshot331
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmafighting.com/strikeforce/2012/5/6/3002540/roger-gracie-vs-keith-jardine-set-for-july-strikeforce-event

May 6, 2012 - Roger Gracie will officially make his middleweight debut against another former light-heavyweight who shifted to the lighter division when he takes on Keith Jardine during a July Strikeforce event that is still in the planning stages.

Two sources confirmed the fight pairing to MMA Fighting.

Though the event is not officially announced, it is tentatively penciled in for Portland, Oregon, the sources said.

A date has not yet been finalized either. Phone Post
5/6/12 1:15 PM
SpennyBenny
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wouldve been nove to see Gracie fight a real middleweight to see if the division is worth cutting for Phone Post
5/6/12 1:26 PM
Kimo Lives
501 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see jardine pulling off the upset here Phone Post
5/6/12 2:07 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Jardine really ever get taken down?
Pretty sure he'll end up beating Roger up on the feet Phone Post
5/6/12 2:37 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So this card will probably be

Luke/Tim MW title fight
RR/SK female BW title fight
Gracie/Jardine

thats not bad so far.
5/6/12 2:42 PM
Calhoon

July is going to be a good month.
5/6/12 2:58 PM
mata_leao
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome! Been waiting to see Hoger in action again. I'd like to see a UFC run before he calls it quits. Still early in his MMA career but he's not getting any younger. Phone Post
5/6/12 3:14 PM
sside maurice
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a tough style matchup for Roger. Jardine isn't a decorated wrestler, but he has excellent takedown defense and is a much more experienced striker. His problem historically has been his chin.
5/6/12 4:36 PM
BLACK and BLUE Comic

MMA Comic Book, Creator
Man, Roger just doesn't know how to take easy fights! I guess he's feeling some sense of urgency with his MMA career, but from day 1 the guy has been taking lose-able fights. Phone Post
5/6/12 7:30 PM
Mismatch
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really hope I'm wrong but that seems like terrible matchmaking for Roger. I hope he's working hard on either his takedowns or his striking because Jardine's not easy to take down and his real weakness lies in his ability to take punches.
5/6/12 7:41 PM
Mark Hunter
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has Roger shown weak takedowns? In his fights, he typically fights pretty relaxed, and uses his long arms/jab to set up things. I don't remember seeing him go for a shot and get stuffed. Even against Randleman, who everyone said he'd never get to the ground, Roger caught him and then followed him to the ground. When were the missed takedowns?
5/7/12 1:10 AM
SudburyBJJ

Mismatch...did you really just say "his real weakness lies in his ability to take punches" because he got caught by King Mo? (a legit 205 fighter) with a record of 8-1 with 6 wins via KO or TKO?? really??

With his background, it's easy to say his standup is his weakness. When you're the best jiu jitsu fighter on the planet, anything other than bjj will be considered a weakness. that's like saying his ability to hold down food is suspect because he once puked after eating sushi.

anyone can get caught. jardine is a warrior, but when a guy is the elite of the elite in one aspect of fighting, (and he's smart enough to work on his standup with the best in the world), it's his fight to lose.

but yeah...he trains with guys who have mediocre standup. whoever heard of this blackhouse team anyhow? haha!
5/7/12 4:18 AM
bjjspokane

I really like this match-up for Roger. Jardine is credible but not too dangerous for Gracie, who is still pretty new to MMA but has tremendous potential and real star-power. Long live Gracie fighters!
5/7/12 4:29 AM
MoneyMO
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - So this card will probably be

Luke/Tim MW title fight
RR/SK female BW title fight
Gracie/Jardine

thats not bad so far.

Strikeforce's Twitter posted that the card will feature Nate Marquardt vs. Tyron Woodley for the Welterweight title and Rockhold vs. Kennedy for the Middleweight title.

I doubt that Rousey will be on this show as there's already two title fights lined up for it.
5/7/12 4:31 AM
random_muppett
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Night night Keith. Time for a Hoger induced nap bro. Phone Post
5/7/12 5:03 AM
frontrowbrian

July 14th
Portland

Rockhold/Kennedy for MW title
Gracie/Jardine
Woodley/Marquardt for WW title

Unfortunately no Ronda Rousey on this card.
5/8/12 11:57 PM
AokiPants
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting match. I feel like even though Jardine is difficult to take down, Roger's reach will force Jardine to step in the pocket and open himself up for the trip. I don't see Roger shooting a double.
5/9/12 5:35 PM
Mismatch
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SudburyBJJ - Mismatch...did you really just say "his real weakness lies in his ability to take punches" because he got caught by King Mo? (a legit 205 fighter) with a record of 8-1 with 6 wins via KO or TKO?? really??

With his background, it's easy to say his standup is his weakness. When you're the best jiu jitsu fighter on the planet, anything other than bjj will be considered a weakness. that's like saying his ability to hold down food is suspect because he once puked after eating sushi.

anyone can get caught. jardine is a warrior, but when a guy is the elite of the elite in one aspect of fighting, (and he's smart enough to work on his standup with the best in the world), it's his fight to lose.

but yeah...he trains with guys who have mediocre standup. whoever heard of this blackhouse team anyhow? haha!

I was talking about Jardine, not Roger.
5/9/12 5:38 PM
Shroom
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roger wins via KO/TKO

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.