UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> What are the chances...

5/8/12 5:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
armbarheelhook
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PTSandman - I have no respect for autograph hounds.

I never get anything signed.
imo it depends on one's interpretation of an autograph hound..

An autograph hound by my definition is: a person/s who go above and beyond to stalk athletes during their everyday lives like paparazzi, and who get more than 5+ items signed at same time without any offer for monetary compensation to athlete.

If an athlete posts their everday schedule on social media, twitter, internet, then they should expect to have to deal with fan fallout..
dont go putting this info up.

MLB,NBA,NFL,NHL are all pretty much the same.. They have cardshows, signings, charity events where you pay for their autos and are only alloted an item limit. example barry sanders charges around $140 for a single flat item.
Since athletes are getting paid to be there and sign, I dont feel they have the right to be pricks. imo.

aside from mma, the only other sport imo you get the best bang for your buck experience is NHRA.
NHRA costs around $40-50 with pit pass, and you get to walk around pits during event, meet and greet drivers, get autos and pics, etc. Plus if you stay late after the event you could walk out with used tires, etc. that they are more than happy to give you. Sometimes you dont even have,to ask. Overall great experience everytime I go to an event.

NHRA to NASCAR autograph driver ratio odds are maybe,10-1. They are just more easily approachable and friendly compared to nascar in my experience. Phone Post
5/8/12 5:41 PM
bjjdna
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree arm

with one exception...sometimes events are not advertised well and there are no lines...most fighters are very cool about signing multiple items if there are no lines

Stalking fighters at hotels is borderline invasion of privacy imo...I only go to advertised events for the fans
5/8/12 7:13 PM
ricksongjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But people like me need those "autograph hounds" to get my stuff signed :)
5/8/12 7:19 PM
armbarheelhook
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ricksongjj - But people like me need those "autograph hounds" to get my stuff signed :)
hix, you just need to get adopted by rickson gracie thats all!?!?!... keke ;) jk Phone Post
5/8/12 7:43 PM
ricksongjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:)
5/8/12 8:39 PM
CoopDiddy
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am an autograph hound...

But I also do it to actually meet fighters. And when I do graph I bring extras to give to the fighter as a sort of thank you.
5/8/12 10:27 PM
iSsUEs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rickson needs to move to Cali and then he could get all the autos he wants. I'd show him where to go.
Going to the fighter hotel is a great place to get autos if u can find it. in Vegas its easy. Fighters r cool and sign cuzz they have to promote there selfs. The more seats they fill the better things r for them. I only get 1-2 things signed at a time. If I want more I bring my daughter. Phone Post
5/8/12 10:37 PM
armbarheelhook

CoopDiddy - I am an autograph hound...

But I also do it to actually meet fighters. And when I do graph I bring extras to give to the fighter as a sort of thank you.
coop makes a good point... some of these guys are also collectors aswell.

I commend you on giving back to the fighters..

on a side note: what was anderson silva's reaction when you gave him a chael sonnen auto for his collection?!?!.. lol jk Phone Post
5/8/12 10:49 PM
CoopDiddy
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, he started mumbling this crazy native tongue talk until I shut him up with a good ol.. "This is America, where we speak American!"
5/8/12 11:05 PM
bjjdna
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a collector buddy that does the hotel thing, and he usually scores big. He always asks me to go with, but it's just not my gig.

I'll be at the bjj expo this sat though with a brazilian flag for sigs..and i have a few diaz posters I'm hoping to get signed as well.
5/10/12 6:14 PM
armbarheelhook

bjjdna - I have a collector buddy that does the hotel thing, and he usually scores big. He always asks me to go with, but it's just not my gig.

I'll be at the bjj expo this sat though with a brazilian flag for sigs..and i have a few diaz posters I'm hoping to get signed as well.
have a great time! I think bustamante is going too? I still need his auto on a few items I have.. diaz match looks extremely interesting.

anyways, best of luck Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.