UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Napao: I couldn't even walk

5/8/12 3:20 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1075 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

During the shooting of the Countdown for UFC 146 Gabriel 'Napao' Gonzaga suffered a lower back injury, that forced him to cancel the confrontation, scheduled for May 26th.

“Both Shane and Nelson are pretty tough opponents and I was training hard," recalled Gonzaga. "I was in great shape to get there prepared. The low back pains were so strong. After a four-day observation period we didn’t have any other choice than inform the event I wouldn’t be able to fight. I’m very upset because it was a really important fight for me, but things happen for a reason. I’ll get over it."

“The fighting card is great and it’ll change many things in the division. I’m sad I’m out, but I wanna be 100 percent to fight."

According to the fighter, the recovery takes time and he still doesn’t know when he will be back to training. He affirmed that when he suffered the injury he couldn’t even walk.

Read entire article...

5/8/12 4:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JohnnyChrist
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Much better to wait for an injury to heal, then fight to your best, than to fight and lose while only being at 50% health.
5/8/12 4:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JohnnyChrist
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/08/12 4:05 PM

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.