UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Eddie Alvarez rumor: signing with UFC by Sunday

5/8/12 7:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie Alvarez is no longer considered a ‘Bellator fighter.’ It’s rumored that Lorenzo Fertitta and Eddie Alvarez discussed an inevitable signing to UFC which may close as soon as the end of this week. It’s also heavily rumor that a Eddie Alvarez vs. Anthony Pettis bout is being targeted for UFC 150.

From Middle Easy Phone Post
5/8/12 7:58 PM
epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/08/12 7:59 PM
Gotta be hard seeing as he has one more fight left on his Bellator contract. ;-) 

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Eddie-Alvarez-Only-a-Rematch-with-Michael-Chandler-Makes-Sense-42257 
5/8/12 8:00 PM
UGCTT_chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm excited. Man I hope this happens Phone Post
5/8/12 8:01 PM
UGCTT Captain America
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - Gotta be hard seeing as he has one more fight left on his Bellator contract. ;-) 

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Eddie-Alvarez-Only-a-Rematch-with-Michael-Chandler-Makes-Sense-42257 
That didn't take long Phone Post
5/8/12 8:05 PM
Kneeblock
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought he was done with his contract? Phone Post
5/8/12 8:05 PM
epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Captain America - 
epwar - Gotta be hard seeing as he has one more fight left on his Bellator contract. ;-) 

MMA reporting at its finest from Middle Easy. :-(

5/8/12 8:08 PM
epwar

Kneeblock -  I thought he was done with his contract? Phone Post
From the Sherdog interview 5 days ago:

With one fight left on his Bellator contract, Eddie Alvarez wants another crack at Michael Chandler.“I feel like that’s the fight -- the only fight -- that I would want,” Alvarez told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I don’t feel like any other fight would make sense.”

5/8/12 8:11 PM
Ocean6
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kanodogg2 - In be4 frb tweets this and calls it breaking news. Phone Post

Haha! I came to say the same thing!!
5/8/12 8:12 PM
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ocean6 - 
kanodogg2 - In be4 frb tweets this and calls it breaking news. Phone Post

Haha! I came to say the same thing!!

FRB knows what a contract is, unlike kanodogg
5/8/12 8:13 PM
UGCTT Captain America
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -
Kneeblock -  I thought he was done with his contract? Phone Post
From the Sherdog interview 5 days ago:

With one fight left on his Bellator contract, Eddie Alvarez wants another crack at Michael Chandler.“I feel like that’s the fight -- the only fight -- that I would want,” Alvarez told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I don’t feel like any other fight would make sense.”

I believe it's either one fight or a few months, whichever comes first. Phone Post
5/8/12 8:15 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kanodogg2 - In be4 frb tweets this and calls it breaking news. Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
5/8/12 8:40 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was one more fight or he had to wait some amount of time before his contract expired. It'd be cool to get him in the UFC, but I think I would like him to rematch Chandler first.
5/8/12 8:46 PM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's one more fight or 3.5 months. And he obviously can't sign somewhere else or entertain other offers until one of those criteria is met. So unless Zuffa buys his contract from Bellator(which I doubt Bellator would do), he still probably has 3.5 months in Bellator
5/8/12 8:53 PM
Neil McCauley

alverez vs pettis, my god what a matchup!
5/8/12 9:11 PM
BKViper
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And if he rematches Chandler and wins, I wonder if that reactivates the Champion clause in his contract which would prevent him from leaving. Phone Post
5/8/12 9:55 PM
MMALOGIC

Bellator is being picked clean... I think Konrad wants out as soon as his contract is up.

Without Lombard, Alvarez and the rest who want to leave, what did Viacom buy exactly?
5/8/12 9:57 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -  Bellator is being picked clean... I think Konrad wants out as soon as his contract is up.

Without Lombard, Alvarez and the rest who want to leave, what did Viacom buy exactly?
That leaves them Askren and that's it. Phone Post
5/8/12 10:03 PM
UGCTT Captain America

BKViper - And if he rematches Chandler and wins, I wonder if that reactivates the Champion clause in his contract which would prevent him from leaving. Phone Post
Hector and I don't think that's an issue. Phone Post
5/8/12 10:07 PM
MMALOGIC

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
MMALOGIC -  Bellator is being picked clean... I think Konrad wants out as soon as his contract is up.

That leaves them Askren and that's it. Phone Post
Askren is doing enough damage to bellator on his own.

5/8/12 10:10 PM
Forever12er

This thread has been confirmed unconfirmed and reconfirmed Phone Post
5/8/12 10:15 PM
LayzieTheSavage
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Editor/Videographer
epwar -
UGCTT Captain America - 

MMA reporting at its finest from Middle Easy. :-(

is a rumor, nothings been reported official. Phone Post
5/8/12 10:17 PM
Stu Cazzo

You never know....some people have buyout clauses in their contract (not sure about MMa....but for a lot of other sports you see this)...
5/8/12 10:20 PM
Malvert the Janitor
848 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet Cole Konrad does a mean truffle shuffle....
5/8/12 10:30 PM
FixedPartialArts

MMALOGIC -  Bellator is being picked clean... I think Konrad wants out as soon as his contract is up.

Sam Caplan, Bjorn Rebney, an idea, the brand, Michael Chandler (who need I remind you beat Alvarez), Eduardo Dantas, Patricio Pitbull, Pat Curran, Marlon Sandro, Alex Shlemenko, Rick Hawn, Maiquel Falcao, Douglas Lima, Alexandre Bezerra, Karl Amoussou, Lyman Good, Brian Foster, Andrey Koreshkov, Mike Richman, etc.

So far they've lost a whole one fighter to UFC, and that was 8 months ahead of their move to Spike. The game changes then. They could lose 50 fighters this year. If they kept their philosophy on how to build talent, added revenue from the increased exposure domestically and overseas, and tweaked the title shot system, they could still take off. Everybody who is smart (that doesn't include you) knows the situation, and that they're more or less hanging in there until the end of the year when Bellator can move to Spike.
5/8/12 10:33 PM
Lil P

I could have swore I saw an interview with Rebney where he said he wasnt worried about Eddie leaving cause he was under contract for 1 more fight or until the end of the year whatever comes first. If thats the case whats to stop Bellator from just putting Eddie on the shelf for the rest of the year?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.