UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> What would you guys do???

5/8/12 10:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ricksongjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/08/12 10:18 PM

If you traded someone a poster over a year ago and then suddenly they call a year later and tell you the poster had some damage to it saying it was sent that way.Keep in mind they never said anything when you sent it to them.Then they send back the poster but its a different poster than you talked about.What am I supposed to do???

If you got a damaged poster wouldnt you say something when you got it.Is it my responsibility to do anything about it a year later?How do I know it didnt get damaged some other way?
5/8/12 10:20 PM
iSsUEs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Screw em!!! Send it back say its ur problem. If you recieved something damage you deal with it right away. He's trying to pull a fast one on you. Phone Post
5/8/12 10:23 PM
ricksongjj

Edited: 05/08/12 10:28 PM
Plus how do you confuse the posters we were talking about?Two entirely different events.
5/8/12 10:24 PM
ricksongjj

I dont know why it was even sent back to me.I took it as a gift.Never said anything.
5/8/12 10:55 PM
RitchieGreaser
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow that is some bs right there. I wouldnt even ship it back unless he sends you shipping money. everytime i thought i have seen it all i see something more stupid lol
5/8/12 11:01 PM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seems fishy to me.. idk. I would assume someone would open pkg to see if item is okay and correct upon arrival.. but you never know.

was something lost in correspondence or translation regarding wrong poster sent back?

is the person considered a true friend and have known for awhile?

value of poster in question that is presumably jacked up?

weigh all the facts and make a decision that you can live with.

good luck with sorting out your situation with whoever.
p.s. being so long ago, and they didnt contact you in timely manner on condition, I would prolly tell them " im sorry but I cant help you " Phone Post
5/8/12 11:20 PM
grizz632
696 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anything could have happened to that in a year. If they couldn't be bothered to spend 5 minutes to take it out and look it over when they got it then fuck 'em. Life lesson learned the hard way, imo
5/8/12 11:24 PM
aces_taylor
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A year is a longtime, too long. I've purchased posters and have left them alone in their individual tube for as long as a month (or until I can get them to a framer), but, I'm away for my house 15-18 days a month, but I would never leave a poster unchecked for a year. If it was within a few weeks that's reasonable, because I've purchased posters and they've come damaged and that sucks. Phone Post
5/8/12 11:39 PM
Dawggy
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the moral of the story is... don't trust Hicks to package posters safely.

j/k

:)
5/8/12 11:54 PM
ricksongjj

Thanks for the advice guys.

LOL at Dawggy.I hope I packaged your poster correctly.
5/9/12 12:01 AM
ricksongjj

We never talked about it other than when he told me a couple months ago.He didnt ask for anything(I didnt plan on giving anything either) but I get the feeling he expects something.

But what really confused me is he told me on the phone about which poster it was and is now saying its not that poster but a different one???
5/9/12 7:31 AM
MartialArtists

UNREAL......I think whatever you feel like doing is just.....1 year is just way to long to ask for anything.
5/9/12 2:40 PM
yumaslim
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aces_taylor - A year is a longtime, too long. I've purchased posters and have left them alone in their individual tube for as long as a month (or until I can get them to a framer), but, I'm away for my house 15-18 days a month, but I would never leave a poster unchecked for a year. If it was within a few weeks that's reasonable, because I've purchased posters and they've come damaged and that sucks. Phone Post

Hey taylor, are you sending back the poster? I havent heard from you.
5/9/12 5:22 PM
aces_taylor
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wasn't talking about our situation Yuma, we can speak thru PM's., I don't want to put that business out there... I was talking more about stuff ordered from the UFC and eBay. Phone Post
5/9/12 5:36 PM
Big Shot

I don't think you should burn any bridges, however I would explain that things don't add up. 1 year is just simply to long. And that you could be no way certain that it was not caused due to his error. I would however explain that his concerns would have been adressed immediately had he come to you much earlier, but due to the time lapse unfortunately you can not. However for future reference if he were to buy future posters from youthat you would be more than willing to compensate him fairly if he were to check his posters immediately and notify you of any damages .
5/9/12 5:52 PM
fightpimp

this has happened to me 3 or 4 times (twice by members/lurkers here). I sell a poster and then it arrives "damaged" but not by the post office because that would "not be my fault". I personally inspect each poster I ship and look for damage. Now... I have a system to keep track of what came from me. The next time some fucker tries to pull that shit I will blast them in public here on this forum.

why do people do this? well i figure somebody gets a poster that has slight damage and thinks they can order buy one from somebody else (that is mint) and then return the fucked-up one and say it got damaged or was damaged. those days are numbered lol...
5/9/12 6:02 PM
Big Shot

I've never had anything arrive from you that was ever fucked up Pimp. I can speak first hand, everything you sent me arrived as promised!
5/9/12 6:09 PM
ricksongjj

Yeah I cant imagine him ever sending something damaged.He packs stuff great.
5/9/12 8:29 PM
mmagirl104
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, 1 year is definitely too long. Think of it in terms of shipping companies/post office ... at least in Canada most terms are 48 hours after delivery to notify in case of damages otherwise you're SOL if you try to claim for something. I know it's a bit different when dealing with friends or whatever, but 1 year is excessive. No excuse to not inspect. If it was me, honesty I would not have the nerve to even contact someone that long after the transaction took place. I'd just take the hit and move on.

Fightpimp makes a great point, I have to agree - alot of people are just not honest anymore and pull the switch if they can find a way to make a few bucks off it.
5/10/12 1:24 PM
yumaslim

aces_taylor - I wasn't talking about our situation Yuma, we can speak thru PM's., I don't want to put that business out there... I was talking more about stuff ordered from the UFC and eBay. Phone Post

Either way, I havent heard from you yet. Just get at me.
6/7/12 6:45 PM
ricksongjj

thehomeboy send me a message if you want to talk.
6/16/12 11:05 PM
bharrist

wow. i know i never received anything damaged from you. the tubes you ship poster in are way to hard for something to get messed up during shipping.
6/18/12 11:09 AM
Jump Kick
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whatever you decide to do, think it over for a good 12 months before making up your mind.

-jk Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.