UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Up and coming judo players? Olympic pics?

5/9/12 1:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
carcaju
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi, I am just wondering who people think I should keep an eye on and watch out for. I was never big into Judo, but I see it's importance in mma, bjj and even street fights. I also follow Australian Ivo Dos Santos, who recently realised his dream of qualifying for the Olympics in London this year.

Who are some exciting players/matches to watch?

Who is looking good to win/medal in the Olympics?

Who are the best Judo players in Australia?

Thanks in advance!
5/9/12 2:17 PM
carcaju
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha can't edit thread title.

*PICKS* 
5/9/12 2:31 PM
Spartan79
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out this feller matt d'aquino hes a 2008 Olympian who does both Judo, Bjj and mma he's also from your neck of the woods ;-)
Think he has a web page. Phone Post
5/10/12 2:19 AM
Seong gyeong
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The up-and-comer I pay most attention to is Kim Won-jin. Young and already taking out big names.
5/10/12 10:44 AM
carcaju

Thanks guys.

Spartan, I had never heard of him. Cheers.

5/10/12 7:11 PM
CyborgRoyce
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/10/12 7:13 PM
Hirotaka Kato has made headlines recently, being the first under-100 player to win the Nationals in Japan in 40 years. But apparently he didn't even qualify for the Olympics.

Riner, Iliadis, Sobirov are obvious favorites for the men's I guess.
5/10/12 8:17 PM
judoblackbelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the only "lock" is Teddy Riner France 100k+, -73 kg Ki-Chun Wang S.Korea, -81k Jae Bum Kim Korea,Kayla Harrison -78K USA women's, Lucie Decosse-France -70K women's is a beast and "manhandles" most of her opponents. I think the men 100k is completely up in the air.
5/11/12 8:02 PM
carcaju

thanks again guys.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.