UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Buy! Store! Frame!

5/9/12 6:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Big Shot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know a bunch of post have been made separately pertaining to posters, tubed, stored, framed, etc. but what should the process be from buying to storing to framing? My poster arrived then what? What should I do to protect the the best? Leave in tubes? If so how long? Do I frame them right away? What if I don't have frames? Flat file? What's the safest way from start to finish?
5/9/12 6:26 PM
ricksongjj

I have posters that have been in tubes for years and still look perfect.I have them stored in a closet so they never get moved around.When its a poster I really want framed I almost always frame right away.Running out of room though :(
5/9/12 6:35 PM
bjjdna
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My posters are tubed, tagged, and bagged with desicant in airtight bags/boxes. If you have a valuable poster and want to frame it, UV protective glass is crucial to prevent fading.
5/9/12 6:42 PM
ricksongjj

Well I dont know how crucial it is to have UV protection if you dont have them in direct light.I havent used it on any of my items I have had framed.
5/9/12 8:16 PM
grizz632
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most of my B2s are stored flat, boarded with acid-free backing boards in poly bags. The few UFC posters I have are all in tubes currently. My B3s are in an art portfolio right now
5/9/12 8:25 PM
MartialArtists

is it ok to store multiple posters in one tube? Okay to lay them ontop of one another?

I think even if poster is not in direct sunlight, any light still can damage it just not as much as direct sunlight. Kind of like the way people can still get a sunburn even on a cloudy day. I think it would take years for some fading to take place.
5/9/12 8:33 PM
fightpimp

I store 20-30 posters per 4" tube...
5/9/12 9:13 PM
grizz632
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just make sure there's nothing on the back of any of the posters, like tape residue or anything else that could rub off on the one below it, before you stack and roll them
5/9/12 9:15 PM
fightpimp

5/9/12 9:16 PM
fightpimp

When you have a shitload of posters... sometimes a home-depot bucket or 20 must do.

I blurried-up the text on the end caps so yuma cant read it lol!
5/9/12 9:40 PM
Big Shot

Can someone show me the correct way to store multiples in tubes?
5/9/12 10:22 PM
mmagirl104
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holy shit fightpimp ... a bucket full of posters? lol. Need some help organizing them ;) hehe
5/9/12 10:25 PM
shatteredsoul14
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus Brett, you're an animal
5/9/12 10:38 PM
RitchieGreaser
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FightPimp you are my hero! hahaha That is one of the best pics i have seen. a fuckin bucket full of posters. :)
5/10/12 7:24 AM
fightpimp

Big Shot -  Can someone show me the correct way to store multiples in tubes?
You want somebody to make a video? I volunteer Chip and MMA Girl... but only because of their geographical proximity to each other. mmamatch.com, you are welcome. Oh shit, they may be married forgot to ask!

I won't show but can tell... just like a hot chick... stick it in nice and easy over and over so you dont do any damage. Stop when full.

5/10/12 7:56 AM
mmagirl104
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ouch! lol mmamatch.com? fantastic idea
5/10/12 8:51 AM
Dawggy
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lulz Phone Post
5/10/12 12:19 PM
CoopDiddy
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FP, why you gotta make me jealous..
5/10/12 1:18 PM
fightpimp

Ice Cube - 20 of them would create quite some pressure to be wrapped up with out snapping what's holding them together, rubber and etc.

personally I would wrap it up if it's with an unknown casual chick...

as far as posters... I have never wrapped any of them to store them. Laying the tubes flat or even on end is fine as long as you have all of the edges lined-up. I have stored posters in tubes for over 10 years and never have any issues with damage. Almost all damage is caused by handling (in general).

When 4" tubes became annoying, I switched to buckets. If you were to stand where that picture was taken and look right you would shit yourself at thesight of buckets and buckets full of posters. I always crack-up when I go to the storage units... yuuuuuuuuuuup!
5/10/12 5:24 PM
RitchieGreaser
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

could you pm me the location of your storage units, so if you die I can win them in an auction sale. :)
5/10/12 5:51 PM
fightpimp

RitchieGreaser - could you pm me the location of your storage units, so if you die I can win them in an auction sale. :)
Chip Guy already beat you to that, he is in my will...

5/10/12 5:58 PM
armbarheelhook
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightpimp -  
fp knows whats up!!! keke..

ironically, thats how I store my auto game used bats aswell.. I put a divider inside so bat doesnt hit walls of tube..

Is that your wharehouse or your personal stash!?! ;) Phone Post
5/10/12 7:15 PM
fightpimp

thats about 1/10th of them. three more full racks and 17 or 18 buckets full... part personal, but mostly owned by three individuals.
5/10/12 9:35 PM
fightpimp

mmagirl104 - Need some help organizing them ;) hehe

As long as you don't mind working naked and getting "felt-up" on the job!
5/10/12 9:41 PM
mmagirl104

Someone's on a roll tonight - must be the 'super moon'? lol.

Let's think about this, pushing 40 ... gravity beginning to win ... ah, what the hell ... I'm nothing if not 100% confident :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.