UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> tips for cooking rice noodles?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/9/12 9:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
microbiologynerd
1338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

attempted to make thai lemon grass chicken tonight- meal came out fairly well except ive never made rice noodles before and now they are all one stuck amorphous blob... i suppose breaking them up at the beginning wouldve been a good idea...

5/9/12 9:36 PM
microbiologynerd
1338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my lame ass attempt at thai lemon grass chicken

6/5/12 9:11 PM
FortyKoatz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soak them in cold water until they are soft. it usually takes about 4 hours. (just do it over night) If youre adding them to a pan make sure the heat is not too high. do both of these things and your rice noodles should never stick.
7/17/12 3:29 AM
melancoholic
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FortyKoatz - soak them in cold water until they are make sure the heat is not too high.

wait, what? turn it up till the oil is almost at smoking point then stir fry em, use a wok. guarantee you they wont stick.
4/7/13 5:57 PM
tubafor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just boil them until they are just right or slightly underdone, then instantly rinse them in cold water. They never stick that way for me.
5/9/13 1:43 PM
slondeau
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tubafor - I just boil them until they are just right or slightly underdone, then instantly rinse them in cold water. They never stick that way for me.

this. we cook it just like typical pasta. We use rice noodles for spaghetti, etc. We don't eat gluten so any pasta we use is rice based. Maybe the noodles you mean are different from what we use, but it's essentially the same. boil in water for X minutes until done "al dente" :)

8/7/13 3:34 AM
Stone Rolled
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know to make fried rice, you're supposed to use cooked rice that are one day old? So they don't stick together when you fry them? You do the same thing with rice noodles. One day old rice/rice noodles has less moisture, so they don't stick to each other.
8/31/13 12:20 AM
jerrysherry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it looks delicous. is it spicy?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.