UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Aoki vs. Sakuraba

5/10/12 9:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fletch
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be amazing if this went down.

http://fightsportasia.com/2012/05/10/aoki-vs-sakuraba-japanese-legends-fight/ 

Discussion thread for this prospective fight.

God I hope they pull it off... will be amazing. You simple yanks don't appreciate Aoki's fantastic lightweight CV anyway, and Saku's record looks like Shamrock's, so another loss for either man (at catchweight) wont really hurt their legacies.

This could be special 
5/10/12 9:54 AM
Fletch
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy sherdog text colouring, Batman
5/10/12 9:59 AM
rbl
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/10/12 10:36 AM
 Wish it had happened just when Aoki was on his way up. Saku's my favourite fighter but I don't enjoy his fights anymore.

5/10/12 10:00 AM
OneGloveJimmerson
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prime Sak probably TKO's Aoki..
5/10/12 10:10 AM
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Saku would love it if he tapped Aoki! Can't see it happening though! Phone Post
5/10/12 10:14 AM
sakurabasHeadBeatAronasKnee
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sak! Phone Post
5/10/12 10:19 AM
Tomato Can
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aoki wins easily. Saku is a broken old man now, more sad to watch than anything. Even fellow oldies like Kikuta and Kondo would probably beat Saku handily, let alone a current high-level fighter like Aoki.
5/10/12 10:24 AM
RKing85
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aoki wins no problem. Sakuraba is so shop worn by this point in his life. He should not ever step foot in the ring again if you ask me.
5/10/12 10:29 AM
sakurabasHeadBeatAronasKnee
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - Aoki wins easily. Saku is a broken old man now, more sad to watch than anything. Even fellow oldies like Kikuta and Kondo would probably beat Saku handily, let alone a current high-level fighter like Aoki.
Didn't read properly, thought this was a prime v prime.
saku should retire, his last meaningful victory was against Zelg.
He's a legend and has nothing more to prove Phone Post
5/10/12 10:29 AM
Tomato Can
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It really is a bad situation. He is up to 16 losses and he was finished in 12 of them. If Japan had athletic commissions like the US, I doubt he would be cleared to fight.
5/10/12 12:53 PM
thefaint
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No... No. Just no. I love Sakuraba, I really do, but I have no interest in seeing him fight anymore.
5/10/12 12:55 PM
Jons Forsberg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/10/12 12:56 PM
Tomato Can - It really is a bad situation. He is up to 16 losses and he was finished in 12 of them. If Japan had athletic commissions like the US, I doubt he would be cleared to fight.

Gary Goodridge was licensed to fight for Affliction when he had nearly 40 losses and MMA and K-1 combined, most of them were by KO/TKO. I don't remember athletic comissions suspending anyone's license in MMA unless it's for PED use.
5/10/12 1:00 PM
RJJH
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thefaint - No... No. Just no. I love Sakuraba, I really do, but I have no interest in seeing him fight anymore.

5/10/12 1:20 PM
mmarantstoday

Saku should only compete in submission tournaments, he's a legend with nothing to prove and everything to lose. His 3 losses to Wandy changed him, he's never been the same physically and I suspect mentally since then. Have a bottle of Saki and hit the mats, no need to get in the cage/ring anymore. 
5/10/12 1:50 PM
Fletch

... you guys realise I was breaking news of them fighting? Not posting a "what if" thread...
5/10/12 1:55 PM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RJJH - 
thefaint - No... No. Just no. I love Sakuraba, I really do, but I have no interest in seeing him fight anymore.

5/10/12 1:58 PM
timmyfront
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Saku is going to keep fighting, I would much rather see him put up against other submission experts instead of KO artists.

I can stand to see him tapped, but not KO'd.
5/10/12 2:21 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck...

Why is Saku still fighting? He is one of my favourite fighters ever, but Aoki will murder him.

Why can't Sak just stay retired?... He has nothing more to prove...
5/10/12 4:10 PM
Van City 604

I got mad love for Saku, but I don't wanna see him fight no more, especially against someone like Aoki. He's taken more than enough damage in his career. I wish the man would just rest, his skull will thank him 4 it.
5/10/12 4:14 PM
GelderdEnd

thefaint - No... No. Just no. I love Sakuraba, I really do, but I have no interest in seeing him fight anymore.
Exactly this....just posted in another thread almost the same....I don't even want to watch this Phone Post
5/10/12 6:40 PM
KoschecksBustedOrbital
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aoki should win
5/10/12 8:05 PM
Kevin bacon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saku is one of the greats. I hope he pulls a freak win and retires on that. It would be so beautiful I might shed a tear.
5/10/12 8:40 PM
Hadoukenkieran
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even mayhem tapped sak I'm sure aoki can Phone Post
5/11/12 4:51 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hadoukenkieran - Even mayhem tapped sak I'm sure aoki can Phone Post
What do you mean "even mayhem..."?

Mayhem has a great submission game... Phone Post
5/11/12 6:16 AM
TSGIGOR
793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.