UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I hate to do this but....the real truth

2/18/13 1:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kevinchhay
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/18/13 1:28 PM

Mike Fowler wasn't on my Bucket List Im sure he was good but I didn't do research

I recognized his hair when Diego Sanchez and Kenny Florian were right next to me competing

We probably all had 60-300 competitions and on a Positive Note Kurt Pellegrino amazing as well!

2/18/13 1:45 PM
Tru
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos
kevinchhay - 

Tru the guy I sent down there was Ray Syd he lost his firt MMA fight before he came to me, and I trained him for 6-8 months then he won his 2nd MMA fight and then he lost a Muay Thai fight training at Rafael Cordeiro's School Kings MMA

He asked me what to do to get better and I told him to train at top Schools in Florida or California for better Competition because there aren't as many in the East Coast

He just trained at Tito Ortiz School 2 weekends ago and he's a kid with a good head on his shoulders, I Hope his MMA Career goes far....

just got off the phone with kings mma.  Ray "is a really nice and good guy, but has never stepped foot on the mat during pro class."

"Ray has never once sparred with Anderson Silva, let alone stepped foot onto the mat during pro class."

Sorry Kevin, but I train at Kings MMA, so had to check on this out of my own curiosty.

I will say that Kings said only nice things about Ray and seeing his photo, I am almost positive I have trained with him or seen him there.  So yes he did go to kings, but they said  they think he is back in maryland now, got KO in an ammy fight here, never did pro class and NEVER trained/sparred or was on the mat with Anderson Silva.

He may have done pro class, but the black belt and pro under Master Cordeiro who teaches the class when Master is gone and is there EVERYDAY said "he never stepped foot on the mat during pro class."

I was to emphasize that Kings said Ray was a good guy and never claimed any fake credentials or was boastful with stories or amazing feats.  

And I read your post word for word on the phone to kings mma, so I would not put words in your mouth.

By no means trying to start shit, or claim your records or credentials are not real.  I saw your grappling video and it was amazing.  But, as a loyal member of kings mma, I had to check it out when you name dropped them.  

2/18/13 1:52 PM
Tru
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/18/13 4:17 PM
Click For MMA Videos

FROM FACEBOOK WHERE I STARTED MY INVESTIGATION WITH A MESSAGE TO A KINGS MMA BLACKBELT

random question, do you know a guy named Ray Syd? He trained/trains at kings mma, is from maryland and competes mma and mauy thai supposedly
A "master" in maryland claims he trained Ray, but sent him to ca to train at kings with anderson siilva and helped silva get ready for the bonnar fight. but silva was never at kings prior to the bonnar fight, as he took it on short notice and the fight was in brazil..unless i am wrong
10:34am

Yeah I know RayCall me

2/18/13 1:56 PM
kevinchhay
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/18/13 1:58 PM
Good, I'm just going off what he told me

I'll make sure to grill him next time
2/18/13 2:04 PM
Tru

Click For MMA Videos
kevinchhay - Good, I'm just going off what he told me

I'll make sure to grill him next time

kevinchhay - 

Btw, sent my Student to Kings MMA to spar with Anderson Silva when he's not at Blackhouse he would stop by 3X per week!

Helped him get that KO over Bonnar!

So he told you that you sent him to kings mma to spar with anderson silva?  That post makes it seem like you sent him there and took credit for him helping silva get ready for a fight.  

2/18/13 3:05 PM
DonFreedomFrye
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yikes
2/18/13 4:10 PM
DeuceDroppin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

elguapito - What people don't realize is Kevin Chhay made this thread in response to the fake thread.
Right!?!?!? Weird shit!

And the only reason the fake fighter thread was made is because Kevin's website had stuff like "has broken hundreds of bones" and other weird shit that legit dudes generally don't say. Kevin ended up getting huge props in that thread and now a lot of people actually know who he is!haha Phone Post
2/18/13 4:17 PM
Tru

Click For MMA Videos

the grappling video is pretty sick.  Great takedowns and finishes.

2/18/13 9:12 PM
Smith1234
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kevin is the man. I wish the original thread "outing" him then going down in flames was not deleted. That was epic. Phone Post
2/18/13 9:24 PM
DeuceDroppin

Smith1234 - Kevin is the man. I wish the original thread "outing" him then going down in flames was not deleted. That was epic. Phone Post
But there was no thread "outing" him. Funny how this place is like a gossip circle. Someone that he knows started the original thread to stir shit up. People jumped in as it seemed like he may be a fraud because of the "bone breaking" statements on his website (which are not normal claims of high level guys). It came out QUICK that the guy is legit, and he got nothing but praise for his actual fighting/grappling ability. Thanks to that thread, 1000 x more people actually know who the guy is, and that he's a legit grappler. Phone Post
2/18/13 9:52 PM
kevinchhay

Dude, it was Noel Smith that started the orignal thread
2/18/13 10:23 PM
LyotoBundy
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_LnPninja -  
This. Phone Post
2/18/13 10:32 PM
DonFreedomFrye
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dlong949 - God Damn.

What impressed me was Kevin Chhay defeated all these top names, never asking for any recognition of it!

Pretty damn cool to me!

Why are you and Kevin always yelling?

Kevin is obviously a good grappler and I don't think anyone is doubting that at this point but he specifically tried to garner attention on this thread for defeating a top name who he never even had a match with.

That's not cool to me.
2/18/13 10:48 PM
DonFreedomFrye

dlong949 - Do you even know how to read? He won the division Mike Fowler was in.

Yes, I know how to read.

I even read this quote from Kevin on this thread:

"here's the real truth I beat his top Black Belt Mike Fowler in Competition!"

The joke about you two yelling is because both of you strangely use exclamation points at odd times in your comments.
2/18/13 11:01 PM
DonFreedomFrye

dlong949 - Teachnically, Kevin Chhay did because he won the tournament where Mike Fowler didn't sorry for using exclamation points!

I don't think you understand what the word technically or "teachnically" means.

Technically, he never had a match with Fowler and technically, he definitely didn't beat him like he publicly stated.
2/18/13 11:05 PM
ausgepicht

DonFreedomFrye - 
dlong949 - Do you even know how to read? He won the division Mike Fowler was in.

Yes, I know how to read.

The joke about you two yelling is because both of you strangely use exclamation points at odd times in your comments.

It's universally known from people the age of 7 on up that caps locks signifies yelling. An exclamation mark represents excitement, anger, happiness, etc.

Now, having said that. Look a the words on the screen. Are you looking? You can hear them? 

2/18/13 11:07 PM
DonFreedomFrye

ausgepicht - 
DonFreedomFrye - 

Yes, I know how to read.

It's universally known from people the age of 7 on up that caps locks signifies yelling. An exclamation mark represents excitement, anger, happiness, etc.

Now, having said that. Look a the words on the screen. Are you looking? You can hear them? 

That's why I specifically said it was a joke because I obviously can't hear him.

I think you're missing the point of that comment/joke.
2/18/13 11:14 PM
DonFreedomFrye

dlong949 - Bigger question is how does Mike Fowler not remember Kevin winning the division?

IMO, it's more understandable that Mike wouldn't remember Kevin than Kevin remembering beating him when they never had a match against each other especially when he has seen him "compete live at least 60 times!".

2/18/13 11:20 PM
DonFreedomFrye

dlong949 - Now, you're splitting hairs.

I'm pretty sure that you were the one "splitting hairs" by replying to Kevin's comments stating that he beat Fowler with "Teachnically, Kevin Chhay did".
2/18/13 11:41 PM
DonFreedomFrye

dlong949 - Someone that's competed 300 times doesn't remember 1 guy if he went against him or not because he's seen him a lot or Mike Fowler not remembering who was standing on top of the podium.

Once again, Mike Fowler is one of the best grapplers on the East Coast and Kevin clearly remembers the other people he beat in that tourney.

Kevin is well aware of who Mike is as he saw him compete over 60 times (he remembered that it was at least 60) so IMO that should make it easier to remember if he beat him or not let alone competed against him.

The point is that if he didn't remember whether he beat him then he probably shouldn't be publicly bragging about it on this thread especially when Mike Fowler is a member of the UG.
2/18/13 11:43 PM
DonFreedomFrye

dlong949 - Ok, it's not like he was watching him the entire time during the match. Do you understand?

Obviously Kevin Chhay was emotional because Lloyd Irvin was talking crap! What would you do in that situation?

I'm done having this conversation.

If someone was attacking me, I certainly wouldn't lie about beating one of his top black belts to make some warped point but that's just me.
2/19/13 1:34 AM
kevinchhay

I was never really concerned about Noel Smith this is his School and look at mine!

2/19/13 2:34 AM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is that a daycare center?
2/19/13 2:39 AM
Jsteven
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck to you Kevin, you are certainly a better grappler than I am. If I had any humble advice it would be to be more concise with your claims and put your thoughts together a little better. You could have certainly beaten fowler in that tournament had that match taken place, and keep an eye on your students you claim to be helping the best fighter to have ever lived beat a middle of the pack light heavyweight. I'm positive by now everyone knows how good you are. Phone Post
2/19/13 5:44 AM
Smith1234
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have had Kevin over Fowler by leg lock in that tourney if it happened! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.