UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Poirier ready for title talks if he gets by TKZ

5/11/12 11:55 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“Sometimes I think about it. Like, just a couple fights ago if I had said I’m finishing fights, and I’m beating good guys; I want a title shot. I could have said that after I beat Pablo Garza. I just want to learn and be ready. When it’s my time to fight for the belt, I want to be ready. I want to take full advantage it,” Poirier told MMAWeekly Radio.

Taking full advantage of the situation he’s in is a big reason why Poirier was looking at his last fight against newcomer Max Holloway as just as tough of a fight as facing any top ten fighter in the world.

“It’s dangerous sometimes. What if one of those knees or punches would have slipped through and caught me on the chin when I fought a new guy like Max Holloway? Some fights are dangerous. The media might have built it like that, the guy didn’t have a bunch of fights, nobody knew who he was, but I knew he was dangerous and I knew he was hungry,” said Poirier.

“So it was just as dangerous as if I was fighting him or the Korean Zombie. Every fight I learn so much.”

read entire article...

5/12/12 12:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO
 hard to disagree as this would make it 6 in a row.
5/12/12 1:06 AM
some cool name
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Super bummed about not having fuel. :/ Phone Post
5/12/12 4:08 AM
GelderdEnd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha yep, looks like its a day of not checking the UG and straight onto isohunt for me Phone Post
5/12/12 11:07 AM
brianlg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he will not make it past korean zombie
5/12/12 3:12 PM
chaplinshouse
713 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fan of both but Poirier is on another level.  TKZ will be exposed
5/13/12 4:50 PM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude is trolling, he needs more fights and exposure.  How is Dana gonna sell someone who doesn't have a lot of high profile fights?  Everyone these days thinks they deserve a title shot, bunch of bullshit.
5/16/12 6:52 PM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AttentionDeficitDizzle -  Dude is trolling, he needs more fights and exposure.  How is Dana gonna sell someone who doesn't have a lot of high profile fights?  Everyone these days thinks they deserve a title shot, bunch of bullshit.

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.