UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz vs Estima BJJ Match in Jeopardy

5/12/12 12:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LayzieTheSavage
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/12/12 1:24 AM
www.middleeasy.com, Editor/Videographer

**Update**
@NickDiaz209 vs @BraulioEstima is %100 on for tomorrow. Estima will attempt to weigh in @ 185lbs tomorrow morning, usually done before match
https://twitter.com/#!/LayzieTheSavage 

**OP**
  Here's the deal on the  vs  BJJ Match... Braulio Estima had originally agreed to compete at 180lbs. Nick Diaz has dieted and made the agreed weight, while Braulio has notified the camp that he will NOT be able to make the agreed upon weight tomorrow before the match. The Gracie Fighter camp responded by allowing Estima to weigh in at 185lbs the day of the match, but Estima says he can no longer cut anymore weight. In my opinion, this is a tactic used by Estima and his camp advantageously knowing the fact that Nick Diaz will probably fight no matter what. As of right now, Estima is expected to weigh in at 185lbs tomorrow, if he doesn't, this match could be in serious jeopardy.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/hcl9io 

5/12/12 12:44 AM
LayzieTheSavage
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll keep you posted on this thread with further details, or you can follow me on twitter. 
5/12/12 12:44 AM
carcaju
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In your biased opinion you mean.

5/12/12 12:47 AM
LayzieTheSavage

Edited: 05/12/12 1:05 AM
carcaju - 

Call it what you want to call it. 

It's an opinion.  

I'm not sure what Estima is making but the money is unimportant. It's very minimal compared to what Nick makes for fighting so it's the principal of the fact that Nick has been training and dieting and Braulio has been eating and not dieting and expecting to come in 20-30 pounds heavier and without the energy sap of having to cut weight. That's some BS

5/12/12 12:48 AM
carcaju
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As is mine.

5/12/12 12:51 AM
UGCTT_Gaspare
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Diaz, fuck that Phone Post
5/12/12 12:52 AM
lifeaftrprison
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol I hope Braulio no shows and says he missed his flight. Or just turns his phone off after leaving out the back door. Phone Post
5/12/12 12:52 AM
neonbelly

fights shouldn't go ahead when people miss weight.
5/12/12 12:54 AM
TheEssence
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lifeaftrprison - Lol I hope Braulio no shows and says he missed his flight. Or just turns his phone off after leaving out the back door. Phone Post
Remove your ribcage and suck your own dick Phone Post
5/12/12 12:55 AM
LTL
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ad striking, problem solved.
5/12/12 12:55 AM
lifeaftrprison
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheEssence -
lifeaftrprison - Lol I hope Braulio no shows and says he missed his flight. Or just turns his phone off after leaving out the back door. Phone Post
Remove your ribcage and suck your own dick Phone Post
Why would I do that when I can just call your mom over again ? Phone Post
5/12/12 12:58 AM
funk samurai

Very very disappointed in Braulio.
5/12/12 1:07 AM
LayzieTheSavage

LTL - Ad striking, problem solved.

lol, in a perfect world...
5/12/12 1:12 AM
Ryan Loco
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully it all works out, was really looking forward to this.
5/12/12 1:14 AM
KC007

LayzieTheSavage -
carcaju - 

Call it what you want to call it. 

It's an opinion.  

I'm not sure what Estima is making but the money is unimportant. It's very minimal compared to what Nick makes for fighting so it's the principal of the fact that Nick has been training and dieting and Braulio has been eating and not dieting and expecting to come in 20-30 pounds heavier and without the energy sap of having to cut weight. That's some BS 
You make it sound like Braulio has been sitting around eating cookies and not giving a fuck.

There may be many factors involved with him not making weight. For all we know, he could've been dealing with a sickness (probably unlikely). Phone Post
5/12/12 1:16 AM
UGCTT_chuckles1
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
5/12/12 1:16 AM
Yer_Momma
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

serious ass-suckery here. Maybe Estima wants to take no chances as this will be his most widely watched fight? I dunno.
5/12/12 1:17 AM
Pappy Knuckles
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was just about to order this. Real wack. I'm gonna wait to see how this pans out before they get my $9.95.
5/12/12 1:19 AM
UGCTT_Gaspare

DSaint -  If Nick knows he's not going to make weight, why doesn't he just stop cutting now and start rehydrating now? Fuck it, make it 190 and just do it.
Because if you are a professional and make a set weight you should stick to it?

Also why should Nick have to put on weight for Estima's mess up?

Lastly how is it fair that Nick may have to fight (roll) close to his walk around weight and Estima gets to rehydrate and come in even bigger? Phone Post
5/12/12 1:20 AM
jason73
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dont be scared braulio
5/12/12 1:21 AM
Chomas
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he should take the match anyway, who cares I thought BJJ was all about the smaller guy winning
5/12/12 1:22 AM
xsrg95
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Diaz is the only reason why I'm buying the stream. Haven't bought it yet so I really hope this match happens Phone Post
5/12/12 1:23 AM
carcaju

UGCTT_Gaspare - 
DSaint -  If Nick knows he's not going to make weight, why doesn't he just stop cutting now and start rehydrating now? Fuck it, make it 190 and just do it.
Because if you are a professional you should make press conferences and not get popped for drugs.

5/12/12 1:24 AM
Neil McCauley

if braulio cant make 185, then it should be an mma fight.
5/12/12 1:25 AM
LayzieTheSavage

Update...

vs  is %100 on for tomorrow. Estima will attempt to weigh in @ 185lbs tomorrow morning, usually done before match

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.