UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Braulio shows up overweight.Nick no shows.Perfect

5/13/12 6:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EddieBravo
466 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/13/12 1:09 PM
10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, www.thetwister.tv

Edited: I thought Braulio showed up 8 pounds overweight, I apologize, I didn't know he eventually made weight, my bad, I'm an idiot :(
5/13/12 10:16 AM
Paulo749
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shocks me people think Redband is a man child when Eddie Bravo comes up with this pearls. Just idiotic Phone Post
5/13/12 10:20 AM
ggddcc
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With all due respect, didn't Braulio make weight?
5/13/12 10:22 AM
matthias
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Braulio made the cut eventually. Phone Post
5/13/12 10:39 AM
KJ Gould
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/13/12 3:56 PM
Estima weighed in at 180lbs, 5 hours before the match. Lana Stefanac on behalf of Team Cesar Gracie, witnessed Estima make weight.<br /><br />Nick Diaz made weight the day before. No one on behalf of Estima witnessed it.<br /><br />Who would be at the disadvantage going into the match, the man who cut weight 5 hours before, or the guy who cut weight the day before? IBJJF sanctioned the event, when do they normally have weigh-ins?
5/13/12 11:14 AM
torquemada
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie, I believe your posts are a chronic amusement. Phone Post
5/13/12 11:32 AM
Rival School
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This proves I'd someone lies enough people will believe it.

Braulio never missed weight Phone Post
5/13/12 11:32 AM
Stubjj844
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He did make weight. Ever heard of being professional? Just no showing isn't only a slight on Braulio, but a slight on every person who payed the money and made the journey to go. Christ, you sound like a fuckin child Eddie.
5/13/12 11:58 AM
Calibur1980
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awww. My post got deleted. Maybe I should have peppered in more sarcasm. Phone Post
5/13/12 11:58 AM
T-Ham
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Eddie is doing the opposite of what you think he is doing.
5/13/12 12:06 PM
nogidavid
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck off eddie with your falsehoods
5/13/12 12:11 PM
Stubjj844
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Eddie is just happy that an event showcasing somewhat traditional (well, with gi) bjj had a bump in the road. Schadenfreude.
5/13/12 12:28 PM
KJ Gould

Diaz vs Estima was 'no-gi', not 'no-go'

Cesar Gracie quoted at MMA Fighting:

"I know he was mad when he was told Braulio would not make weight last night," Gracie said. "No one has seen him today. Braulio ended up making weight this morning."
5/13/12 12:50 PM
IGOTBELCHED

Braulio made the weight, nick straight bitched out, Diaz doesn't show for shit he's a little boy, a child.
5/13/12 1:15 PM
torquemada
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EddieBravo -   

Edited: I thought Braulio showed up 8 pounds overweight, I apologize, I didn't know he eventually made weight, my bad, I'm an idiot :(

All good. I'm having trouble seeing people defend Diaz on this one; hear he's claiming the promoter was "shady."

Thoughts?
5/13/12 1:44 PM
suBJJective warMTh
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Perhaps Braulio missed weight because of all the extra calories from chem trails that he didn't account for... Phone Post
5/13/12 5:13 PM
Drew Foster
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EddieBravo -   

Yeah someone started a rumor that Braulio was over. He was on weight the whole time and never had any issues. On the flip side I haven't heard of anyone saying they saw Nick Diaz weigh in at all.
5/13/12 6:20 PM
TekNyc

By the time Braulio made weight (5 hours before the match) Nick was long gone.
5/13/12 8:07 PM
joe canada
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EddieBravo -   

This here, folks, is the rarest cf OGisms -- the retraction/apology. Learn it well, this is the discourse equivalent of 'solid base'
5/13/12 9:27 PM
VincentVega
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First, I respect Eddie for recognizing his mistake and apologizing.

Second, There were many matches last night that had unfair weight match ups. Im not saying that Nick should have fought if he felt he would have had a disadvantage, but that doesn't mean you leave the building either.

Lastly,that video where Rhonda Rousey is interviewed is terrible. Braulio clearly wasn't talking about her. I was really disappointed to see the way she handled it, because I enjoy watching her fight.

After last night, Nick Diaz lost a fan. After that video, Rhonda lost a fan as well.
5/15/12 3:44 PM
BJJER
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/15/12 3:45 PM
<blockquote>VincentVega - First, I respect Eddie for recognizing his mistake and apologizing.

Second, There were many matches last night that had unfair weight match ups. Im not saying that Nick should have fought if he felt he would have had a disadvantage, but that doesn't mean you leave the building either.

Lastly,that video where Rhonda Rousey is interviewed is terrible. Braulio clearly wasn't talking about her. I was really disappointed to see the way she handled it, because I enjoy watching her fight.

After last night, Nick Diaz lost a fan. After that video, Rhonda lost a fan as well.</blockquote><br />

I second this!

Eddie in the future refrain from making hasty comments, since you're the leader of the no-bjj community, you should take your role more seriously.
5/17/12 6:16 PM
FJJ828

Apology should not have been neccessary. Posting this thread was in poor taste.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.