UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> cesar statement is out

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/15/12 1:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Onnie804yamsaki
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://graciefighter.com/

Two questions. Did he really skip out because it was not professional enough?

And when you said nick was already gone, so pretty much nick ran out...?

At least we got some explanation but its pretty much what was orginally thought about nick. He was looking for an excuse to dip.
5/15/12 1:55 AM
modestoMMAfan
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To bad Cesar didnt make this statement before Layzie made a complete muck of the situation.
5/15/12 1:57 AM
Dawggy
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stinky dinky. Phone Post
5/15/12 1:59 AM
TekNyc

Surprisingly enough Nick does have principles Can't trust brazilians in bjj tourneys.
5/15/12 2:01 AM
Hessian
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uncle Earl`s Beef Jerky
So did Nick ever weigh in as reported ...

It sounds like Nick was SCARED of taking a loss from someone who might, maybe one day go into MMA.

Of course it could all just be a way to hype a future fight.
5/15/12 2:08 AM
da Vinci 81
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ironic how Diaz is the one upset about being jerked around by a promoter. Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot.
5/15/12 2:10 AM
hubris
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/15/12 2:10 AM
modestoMMAfan
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think by no-showing he got Estimas name out there more than if he would have tapped Nick in 14 seconds!
5/15/12 2:30 AM
Dingleberry Flopdoink The 3rd
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cesar's story doesn't add up and seems more like another list poor The World Vs. Nick Diaz excuses. Phone Post
5/15/12 2:36 AM
stillmatic
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Braulio Estima was always going to fight MMA.  He was scheduled to fight at the debut event of Shine Fights that never happened back in 2010.  It's so lame that this whole thing has been about Braulio making a name for himself off Nick.  If you even knew about this event, you probably know who Braulio Estima is anyways.

Typical Cesar of course to be taking shots at Braulio for the weight.  If he feels the promoter was shady, what makes him think Braulio knew what was going on?  The verbal agreement as Braulio understood it was 180 on Friday or 185 on Saturday.  There wasn't a specific schedule or time for weigh-in.  More info is in the link below.

This whole thing was just a clusterfuck.  Basically, Nick just spazzed out as we expected and his team had no idea what was going on either.  Braulio was also not trying to take advantage of the weight, otherwise he wouldn't have weighed in 180 the day of the match to put himself at a disadvantage.  It's lame of Cesar to just ignore this and still try and pin some of the blame on Braulio.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28700/estima-gracies-detail-diazs-jiu-jitsu-tourney-no-show-say-blame-widespread.mma 
5/15/12 2:54 AM
stillmatic
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe he should have done some research on Braulio Estima before accepting the match if he didn't want to face someone that might fight MMA.  No idea how any of that is Braulio's fault.

You can blame the promoter for some shady tactics, but nobody put a gun to Nick's head and told him he had to do this. 

Agreements were made and broken by the Diaz side.  Braulio ended up making the weight as agreed and Nick no showed.  Cesar shouldn't have agreed to have Braulio weigh in and accept the terms if he didn't even know if Nick was going to show up.  Still have no idea if Nick even made the 180 weight himself by the way.

5/15/12 2:56 AM
John Wayne Pain

Edited: 05/15/12 2:57 AM
WTF. Nick agreed to do it. He knew full well that he would have been tapped and his image would have been tarnished. Even though his image is that of a weed smoker with a history of flunking pre-fight drug tests and no-showing everything. Nick was exposed. I pray he has no more of a career.

By the way Nick. Gets some balls and speak up for yourself.
5/15/12 3:00 AM
GriffinQ
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The statement about Nick not wanting to fight someone who was going into MMA or who could build an MMA career off his name was retarded.

WHO could he possibly have been offered a superfight with who doesnt have some sort of MMA aspirations or an already started career? Most of the big names in BJJ are attempting MMA careers....Marcello tried it and said he'd tried again, Roger is doing it, Jacare is doing it, Braulio was supposed to debut at Shine Fights 2 years ago, Drysdale does it, I think Glover and Terra have both talked about doing it, Galvao does it, Palhares does it....it's getting to be an unavoidable thing at this point. Phone Post
5/15/12 3:05 AM
John Wayne Pain

Can we please just start talking bout Nate, at least he is a fucking professional.
5/15/12 3:07 AM
stillmatic

UrbanSavage - Also, a shit ton of people DID just find out who Braulio is. I've been training for years and follow all the major BJJ tournaments and even I found out a few new things about him looking into his past tournaments because of this matchup, didn't realize how many big names he had beaten or that he had tapped Marcelo twice. Also, I didn't know he was now with the Blackzilians and I'm sure a ton of other people (promoters) just found that out too. This was all about giving Braulio's MMA career a boost off of Nick's name.
I'm not saying it doesn't help get his name out there, but it's not like him beating Nick Diaz would elevate him to superstardom.  He's already a huge name in the grappling world, so most following already know about him.  I don't think he would all of a sudden have a bunch of fans just from beating Nick in a grappling match.  His MMA debut was also supposed to happen a while ago coming off his amazing 2009 ADCC run.  

Obviously Braulio was very interested in facing Nick Diaz.  I'm not sure how this is a problem.  Again, Nick didn't need to agree to this match in the first place, it was his choice to do so.

5/15/12 3:13 AM
mijo

Nick has a problem. He is immature! Has an excuse for everything. People on here make excuses for him. He comes on here, and oomplains about GSP being scrared, and does not show up for a press conference. He complains about a decision, and quits, but when the other guy mans up takes the rematch. Nick fails a drug test. Now he complains about the legitimacy of a BJJ match thats for charity, oh wait. He gets his BJJ instructor to do it for him. Excuses are like assholes. Nick is both.

Nick is a fucking joke.
5/15/12 3:25 AM
mijo

Edited: 05/15/12 3:31 AM
Remember who the statement is being made by. Nick's teacher. I'm tired of hearing from Ceasar, when Nick is plenty old enough to fend for himself. What is this? 2nd grade?
5/15/12 3:32 AM
tres_equis_666
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mijo - Remember who the statement is being made by. Nick's teacher. I'm tired of hearing from Ceasar, when Nick is plenty old enough to fend for himself. What is this? 2nd grade?
So you're saying every professional athlete/public figure write their own speeches? Phone Post
5/15/12 3:32 AM
stillmatic

UrbanSavage - 
stillmatic - 
UrbanSavage - Also, a shit ton of people DID just find out who Braulio is. I've been training for years and follow all the major BJJ tournaments and even I found out a few new things about him looking into his past tournaments because of this matchup, didn't realize how many big names he had beaten or that he had tapped Marcelo twice. Also, I didn't know he was now with the Blackzilians and I'm sure a ton of other people (promoters) just found that out too. This was all about giving Braulio's MMA career a boost off of Nick's name.
I'm not saying it doesn't help get his name out there, but it's not like him beating Nick Diaz would elevate him to superstardom.  He's already a huge name in the grappling world, so most following already know about him.  I don't think he would all of a sudden have a bunch of fans just from beating Nick in a grappling match.  His MMA debut was also supposed to happen a while ago coming off his amazing 2009 ADCC run.  

Obviously Braulio was very interested in facing Nick Diaz.  I'm not sure how this is a problem.  Again, Nick didn't need to agree to this match in the first place, it was his choice to do so.

I'm just saying that the eventual no show becomes significantly more understandable when you put things into context. Seems like Nick started out with a pretty simple thing he wanted to do, compete in a standard BJJ tournament and the promoter just kept changing things up on him and deceiving him bit by bit so that by the time it came to actually compete, Nick was doing something completely different than he originally signed up for.

At that point, I'd wonder myself why I was trying to help some douchebag promoter out when I could just donate the money out of pocket and help bring attention to the fact that no one should work with the guy in question again. Obviously Nick didn't go about things in the best possible way, but he wasn't anywhere near as out of line as most people here assumed he was. If it weren't for the Braulio/MMA thing, I'd say that he should've just competed anyway but with everything else considered I really can't fault him for this.

Nobody put a gun to Nick's head saying he had to accept the match and that he had to compete in the first place.  If he was so stringent on who he was facing, he should have looked into it more.  It wouldn't have been difficult to find out Braulio was planning on fighting MMA and has been for a while.

His no show is in no way understandable other than to Nick Diaz.  He thinks the promoter is shady and what does he do?  He just doesn't show up, has a bunch of fans pay for the Stream on the premise that Nick is competing and giving money to this shady promoter.  Yeah, that's really sticking it to him.

I still can't understand how anyone can defend him.  He's clearly in the wrong here and nothing he did was in any way justified.
5/15/12 3:34 AM
UGCTT_Benwahwah
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Read the post on Gracie fighter and it just raises more questions if you ask me.

1. If Nick had already left why did his camp send over a representative to watch Braulio make weight? Surely it didn't matter by then.

2. If Nick left as early as he did, why did no one say anything? They let people pay for the stream knowing that Nick was the major draw. It was irresponsible of them to say nothing at the very least. Phone Post
5/15/12 3:36 AM
DaveM
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After reading Braulio, Renzo and now Cesar's explanations, it seems like there was a lot going on in the background that had nothing to do with either fighter personally. The fighters were unaware of some things and there was a significant amount of miscommunication about other things.

If all the details had been stated in their contracts, in terms of weights, weigh-in time etc... A lot of this could have been avoided.

At the end of the day, one fighter chose to honor his commitment, do the right thing and cut 5 more pounds that he believed he had to.

The other fighter said, "fuck it" and bailed.
5/15/12 3:41 AM
stillmatic

UGCTT_Benwahwah -  Read the post on Gracie fighter and it just raises more questions if you ask me.

1. If Nick had already left why did his camp send over a representative to watch Braulio make weight? Surely it didn't matter by then.

2. If Nick left as early as he did, why did no one say anything? They let people pay for the stream knowing that Nick was the major draw. It was irresponsible of them to say nothing at the very least. Phone Post
Yup, it makes zero sense that they would send in a representative to see Braulio weigh in while they have no clue where Nick is at or would even agree to the match.  Cesar actually should be apologizing to Braulio instead of taking shots at him.  They had an agreement and Cesar's side didn't honor it.
5/15/12 3:43 AM
mijo

Most fighters, not all fighters (Nick Diaz) take responsiblity, and handle their shit in a timely manner. That is most fighters. I only know of one fighter that writes speeches.
5/15/12 3:43 AM
mijo

Most fighters, not all fighters (Nick Diaz) take responsiblity, and handle their shit in a timely manner. That is most fighters. I only know of one fighter that writes speeches.
5/15/12 3:46 AM
random_muppett
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UrbanSavage -
stillmatic -  Braulio Estima was always going to fight MMA.  He was scheduled to fight at the debut event of Shine Fights that never happened back in 2010.  It's so lame that this whole thing has been about Braulio making a name for himself off Nick.  If you even knew about this event, you probably know who Braulio Estima is anyways.

Typical Cesar of course to be taking shots at Braulio for the weight.  If he feels the promoter was shady, what makes him think Braulio knew what was going on?  The verbal agreement as Braulio understood it was 180 on Friday or 185 on Saturday.  There wasn't a specific schedule or time for weigh-in.  More info is in the link below.

This whole thing was just a clusterfuck.  Basically, Nick just spazzed out as we expected and his team had no idea what was going on either.  Braulio was also not trying to take advantage of the weight, otherwise he wouldn't have weighed in 180 the day of the match to put himself at a disadvantage.  It's lame of Cesar to just ignore this and still try and pin some of the blame on Braulio.

<a href="http://mmajunkie.com/news/28700/estima-gracies-detail-diazs-jiu-jitsu-tourney-no-show-say-blame-widespread.mma">http://mmajunkie.com/news/28700/estima-gracies-detail-diazs-jiu-jitsu-tourney-no-show-say-blame-widespread.mma</a> <br type="_moz" />

Dana had no idea who Braulio was before this, only yesterday did he first hear his name and learn who he was. Even if that's the only person to just find out who Braulio is, I'd say this has been a pretty successful venture for someone who wants to become an MMA fighter. I don't think anyone on here would disagree with that.

It seems pretty obvious that all Nick wanted was a BJJ guy who wasn't going to try to make his name in MMA off a BJJ match with him, they got quite literally the exact opposite. Braulio's time at the Blackzilians, the fact that he wants to fight MMA very soon, his challenging Nick to an MMA fight after the match, etc. have all been him trying to get MMA fans to know who he is before he actually makes his debut based on a BJJ match with Nick.

Shit, Nick didn't even want some big superfight. It says pretty clearly that all he wanted to do was compete in a gi black belt tournament for no money. He only accepted the superfight on that one condition that the guy not be someone trying to make his name in MMA off Nick, so you tell me who's in the wrong here.
I respectfully disagree. Massively.

It was a CHARITY match. Braulio MADE weight. There is NO proof the promoter wasn't giving the money to charity. NONE of the other super fights even had weigh ins.

Braulio, Renzo are NOT to blame here. Ceaser, Nick, and Layzir ARE.

There's a great piece on Bloody Elbow about it that deals with the facts. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.