UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Suunto Ambit Watch: Cool?

5/19/12 2:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FCTV808
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/19/12 2:55 PM

kinda digging this... thoughts?
5/19/12 5:29 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've thought about other model Suunto watches. They have great features and easy battery swaps, but it seems when they crap out.....the really suck! Too many features and not robust enough maybe? But this one is made in Finland, so maybe better QC?....wonder how long before it's made in China :(

Another thing about a GPS watch.....when I hunt I sometimes use a GPS and a lot of times it won't lock. Well a fullsize unit must have a better receiver and antenna for gain right.....WTF can you expect from a watch unless you wide out in the open? Which is why my primary is my lensatic and topo and use a GPS for locating a precise point if possible.

It does look like it be cool to have since you like to trail run.....I move to slow hunting or hiking for it to be much use to me. I dunno how much use it would be for you snowboarding unless you flying/hiking into your jumpoff point, but I'm sure it would impress the hippies and homos.

So I say.....GET IT!
5/20/12 5:30 AM
JIMMYNAKS
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've heard nothing but good things. Plus one for getting it.

and if you don't like it, you can give it to me.
HaHa!! Phone Post
5/20/12 5:43 AM
FCTV808
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes, but will it help me to pick up chix?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.