UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> edgar and Bendo suck for fighting to a close dec

5/19/12 11:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Neil McCauley
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that is the same dumb logic you mongoloids are using with gilbert vs josh.
5/19/12 11:36 PM
lockon
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bendo smashed Edgar
5/19/12 11:38 PM
superbradman
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm unimpressed with your performance. Phone Post
5/19/12 11:39 PM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/19/12 11:39 PM
Melendez never went for finishes in that fight or the Masvidal fight.
5/19/12 11:40 PM
UGCTT_Pariah

Bendo destroyed Frankie Edgar, and I don't think Melendez/Thomson suck, but I do think that Thomson did enough to win that fight in my eyes.

Hope we get a fourth fight though, these guys put on a show

(Still should've been a point deduction for Gil tho)
5/20/12 12:42 AM
wiggum
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To the two posters who said Bendo smashed Frankie: I think you are getting caught up in the fact that people deemed the fight controversial. Because of that, you are overreacting. Bendo won a decision. That doesn't mean he smashed or destroyed Frankie. It was a close fight, but a decision that should have been without controversy (though I initially gave the fight to Frankie, I've since recanted)
5/20/12 1:35 AM
minotauro11
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The number two guy clearly beating the number one guy (Bendo vs. Edgar) is a completely different story than the top 5 guy arguably losing to an unranked guy (at least not top 15). Nice analogy though. Phone Post
5/20/12 1:45 AM
MiddleEasy

Neil McCauley - that is the same dumb logic you mongoloids are using with gilbert vs josh.
Neil is the greatest person in the world for the rest of the night.

TTT
5/20/12 1:52 AM
Neil McCauley

^ i read that in tito ortiz's voice. The greatest person in the world ... for the rest of the night.
5/20/12 1:57 AM
Neil McCauley

Edited: 05/20/12 1:58 AM
minotauro11 - The number two guy clearly beating the number one guy (Bendo vs. Edgar) is a completely different story than the top 5 guy arguably losing to an unranked guy (at least not top 15). Nice analogy though.

the problem with your analogy is that at lightweight, a top 30 guy could beat a top 10 guy on any given night. Josh wasnt top 10, but that means fuck all. Josh would be a legit threat to beat anyone in the top 10. Thats the problem with you people. You're unable to take a look at some ones skill set and determine how they match up. Thats the same reason why people like you picked brock to beat overeem. "who has overeem beat, he looked terrible vs werdum, he stands no chance against brock" ... sound familiar? Besides, josh thompson has only lost to gilbert melendez and kawajiri in the last 6 years. They happen to be two of the best fighters in the world. Josh is the only guy to beat pat healy at lightweight, whos been looking tremendous.
5/20/12 3:32 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil McCauley -
minotauro11 - The number two guy clearly beating the number one guy (Bendo vs. Edgar) is a completely different story than the top 5 guy arguably losing to an unranked guy (at least not top 15). Nice analogy though.

the problem with your analogy is that at lightweight, a top 30 guy could beat a top 10 guy on any given night. Josh wasnt top 10, but that means fuck all. Josh would be a legit threat to beat anyone in the top 10. Thats the problem with you people. You're unable to take a look at some ones skill set and determine how they match up. Thats the same reason why people like you picked brock to beat overeem. "who has overeem beat, he looked terrible vs werdum, he stands no chance against brock" ... sound familiar? Besides, josh thompson has only lost to gilbert melendez and kawajiri in the last 6 years. They happen to be two of the best fighters in the world. Josh is the only guy to beat pat healy at lightweight, whos been looking tremendous.
Had me until 'you people'. What do you mean by you people Phone Post
5/20/12 10:23 AM
I<3BigfishBass!
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People are crazy if they think last night proves anything, except that both Melendez and Thompson are top level LW..

This was their 3rd fight that went the distance. They matchup well against each other. JT doesn't get the respect he deserves because of his losses. Phone Post
5/20/12 10:26 AM
orcus

at lightweight, a top 30 guy could beat a top 10 guy on any given night.

I haven't seen that. How many losses do Bendo, Edgar, Maynard, Alvarez have in the last million years?
5/20/12 10:30 AM
Elias Cepeda
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone who understands fighting and has been watching the sport for at least ten years can see that Gilbert and Thomson both are as good as any other lightweights in the world right now. They've just been toiling in relative obscurity for some time so it makes it difficult for people to recognize, I guess
5/20/12 11:42 AM
xlDutchielx

wiggum - To the two posters who said Bendo smashed Frankie: I think you are getting caught up in the fact that people deemed the fight controversial. Because of that, you are overreacting. Bendo won a decision. That doesn't mean he smashed or destroyed Frankie. It was a close fight, but a decision that should have been without controversy (though I initially gave the fight to Frankie, I've since recanted)
Truth.. Frankie was owning until that lucky up kick can't wait for the rematch Phone Post
5/20/12 11:44 AM
Clarence Parents
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xlDutchielx - 
wiggum - To the two posters who said Bendo smashed Frankie: I think you are getting caught up in the fact that people deemed the fight controversial. Because of that, you are overreacting. Bendo won a decision. That doesn't mean he smashed or destroyed Frankie. It was a close fight, but a decision that should have been without controversy (though I initially gave the fight to Frankie, I've since recanted)
Truth.. Frankie was owning until that lucky up kick can't wait for the rematch

lol @ "lucky up kick"
5/20/12 12:22 PM
BonquishaBLOOD
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xlDutchielx -
Truth.. Frankie was owning until that lucky up kick can't wait for the rematch Phone Post
Lol owning? He got clearly out struck and had nothing for Ben on the ground he point fought and lost. Bendo will defeat him more dominantly now that he knows all Edgar has Phone Post
5/20/12 12:28 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
TTT. Melendez won that fight.
5/20/12 12:45 PM
The_Spider
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The WW unification bout failed (Diaz vs GSP), but would the UFC ask Gil and Nate to fight each other for the unified LW title some day?
5/20/12 1:01 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BonquishaBLOOD -
xlDutchielx -
Lol owning? He got clearly out struck and had nothing for Ben on the ground he point fought and lost. Bendo will defeat him more dominantly now that he knows all Edgar has Phone Post
This. Phone Post
5/20/12 1:29 PM
PitbullTodd

Edited: 05/20/12 1:29 PM
this fight did nothing to change my ranking of melendez. i never considered him the #1 guy at 155. i had him in the top 10 beofre this fight and still have him in the top ten.
5/20/12 1:57 PM
random_perv

Doctor NPD - It's funny you said that op because Edgar and benson are leagues above the farce that is Melendez. Top 10 my ass. Phone Post
Dropped on head as child? Phone Post
5/20/12 2:01 PM
random_perv

The_Spider - The WW unification bout failed (Diaz vs GSP), but would the UFC ask Gil and Nate to fight each other for the unified LW title some day?
Unified with Gsp vs Condit. Phone Post
5/20/12 2:47 PM
Neil McCauley

orcus -
at lightweight, a top 30 guy could beat a top 10 guy on any given night.

I haven't seen that. How many losses do Bendo, Edgar, Maynard, Alvarez have in the last million years?

alverez was top 5 when he lost to micheal chandler. Was Chandler even top 20? You only proved my point.
5/20/12 2:49 PM
Neil McCauley

Elias Cepeda -  Anyone who understands fighting and has been watching the sport for at least ten years can see that Gilbert and Thomson both are as good as any other lightweights in the world right now. They've just been toiling in relative obscurity for some time so it makes it difficult for people to recognize, I guess

well said brotha

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.