UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cesar Gracie responds bitterly to NSAC

5/21/12 10:55 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Earlier today the Nevada State Athletic Commission had a meeting on the two most polarizing fighters in mixed martial arts - Nick Diaz and Chael Sonnen.

Sonnen exited the meeting with a Theraputic Use Exemption (TUE) for Testosterone Replacment Therapy (TRT) and an offer to work in an “advisory capacity” alongside Director Keith Kizer to improve TRT policies in Nevada.

Nick Diaz was fined 30% of his purse and bonus, for testing postiive for marijuana metabolites for smoking medical marijuana legally in his home state of California, where it had been prescribed to treat his ADHD.

One Commissioner made a point of noting that Diaz had said he was more focused in training after smoking marijuana. However, fighting is Diaz's job, and an inability to concentrate at work is a hallmark of ADHD sufferers.

Cesar Gracie, coach, manger, and mentor to Nick Diaz, reacted bitterly, via Twitter.

Cesar Gracie ‏@CesarGracieBJJ
@ufc Get drunk and wreck cars or do steroids between fights is OK. Smoke weed legally between fights and NSAC throws the book at you

Read entire Twitter...

5/21/12 11:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is why Nick is the way he is... he's got nothing but excuse makers and yes men in his ears.
5/21/12 11:05 PM
Lahzerous
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/21/12 11:06 PM
HexRei

Got ADHD? Weed aint ok. Gave yourself hypogonadism from years of roiding, become a felon for mortgage fraud... NSAC high fives you and gives you a job
brianlg
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey, he's absolutely right though. Phone Post
2JupitersTooMany
1793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is correct. Backwards results, IMO. Phone Post
5/21/12 11:08 PM
Hungry4Stink
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Cesar and I'm not even a big Diaz fan. Overeem got 3 months off his sentence even though he brought the super shady doc to his hearing. Chael fed the commission total bullshit and they lapped it up.

I'm a scientist so I understand the technical details but even factoring in the different expert witness testimonies, the commission has been clearly giving some leeway based on their clueless determination of character.

It was amusing to hear the guy running the show today say he thought Chael was the most honest person who has ever testified in front of the NSAC. Then Nick steps up, is obviously painfully honest and gets nothing from it. If they believed Chael and Overeem in the slightest they should have cut Nick a little slack for stopping the weed 8 days before the fight. It was definitely a case of when keeping it real goes wrong.
5/21/12 11:10 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick is paranoid sometimes, IMO, and it hurt him with the charity deal, my humble opinion, but I'm glad he isn't rolling over like a pussy with this marijuana nonsense, also my humble opinion which you can disagree with, but I personally salute him for not being a bitch as he gets burned by all this absurdity. Will always love Nick Diaz. Phone Post
5/21/12 11:10 PM
dabigchet

Every time cesar talks it becomes more clear why nick is the way he is. Phone Post
5/21/12 11:13 PM
Dawggy
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at this bs. Nick is lucky he wasn't suspended longer than a year. All he had to do was apply for an exception but he was too lazy to do that or have someone else do it for him. This was his second offense in the same damn state... and he admitted that he lied to the commision back in '07. What did he expect to happen? Just take some damn responsibility for your actions. Nobody's fault but his own. certainly doesn't help that Cesar is condoning this behavior.
5/21/12 11:14 PM
2JupitersTooMany

How oblivious do you have to be to buy TRT exemptions on the one hand and view marijuana as a performance enhancer on the other. Seriously, are you completely retarded or are you completely corrupt? Which is it? Phone Post
5/21/12 11:15 PM
Burl

Edited: 05/21/12 11:16 PM
He speaks truth.
5/21/12 11:16 PM
Salt the Snail
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm so tired of Cesar Gracie and the bullshit he spews.
shootfighterbull

fuck the NSAC. Diaz supporter here.
Garv
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RearNakedJoke.com, Nick Diaz's Supplier
2JupitersTooMany -  He is correct. Backwards results, IMO. Phone Post

Yep
5/21/12 11:17 PM
2JupitersTooMany

This is a dream scenario for detecting idiocy. Phone Post
5/21/12 11:18 PM
Hungry4Stink
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dawggy - LOL at this bs. Nick is lucky he wasn't suspended longer than a year. All he had to do was apply for an exception but he was too lazy to do that or have someone else do it for him. This was his second offense in the same damn state... and he admitted that he lied to the commision back in '07. What did he expect to happen? Just take some damn responsibility for your actions. Nobody's fault but his own. certainly doesn't help that Cesar is condoning this behavior.

Chael obviously lied about what Kizer supposedly told his manager and the commission let it slide. Chael got away with it because he presented himself well and bullshitted by weakly blaming it on his old manager. Kizer's response was...let's let bygones be bygones.
5/21/12 11:19 PM
Modal Jazz
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Garv -
2JupitersTooMany -  He is correct. Backwards results, IMO. Phone Post

Yep
. Phone Post
5/21/12 11:21 PM
UGCTT_Sk1tzO420
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think everyone wil know what I think.
5/21/12 11:24 PM
Dawggy
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hungry4Stink - 
Dawggy - LOL at this bs. Nick is lucky he wasn't suspended longer than a year. All he had to do was apply for an exception but he was too lazy to do that or have someone else do it for him. This was his second offense in the same damn state... and he admitted that he lied to the commision back in '07. What did he expect to happen? Just take some damn responsibility for your actions. Nobody's fault but his own. certainly doesn't help that Cesar is condoning this behavior.

Chael obviously lied about what Kizer supposedly told his manager and the commission let it slide. Chael got away with it because he presented himself well and bullshitted by weakly blaming it on his old manager. Kizer's response was...let's let bygones be bygones.

I'm not saying the commission was fair in their dealings with Nick, but for him to completely brush off any responsibility for his Second such offense is appaling. It's like saying I shouldn't have to play by the same rules as everyone else and fuck you for trying to make me.
5/21/12 11:27 PM
Hungry4Stink

I'd just like to see a lot more professionalism from the commission. Layzie's streaming of these meetings has been an eye-opening experience. It's made the NSAC look pretty bad.
5/21/12 11:33 PM
BaraoKix

This is PrideRules, turn the blind eye- (with the right Doc)

Weed? Oh Hellz Nah
5/21/12 11:33 PM
lormpino
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - this is why Nick is the way he is... he's got nothing but excuse makers and yes men in his ears.
Mma logic?

Nick don't give a fuck ..
Period

... A stoner will always be a stoner ...

His life is his life

War Diaz!! Phone Post
5/21/12 11:34 PM
lormpino
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dawggy - LOL at this bs. Nick is lucky he wasn't suspended longer than a year. All he had to do was apply for an exception but he was too lazy to do that or have someone else do it for him. This was his second offense in the same damn state... and he admitted that he lied to the commision back in '07. What did he expect to happen? Just take some damn responsibility for your actions. Nobody's fault but his own. certainly doesn't help that Cesar is condoning this behavior.
He never lied ! Is this a surprise to you?

You didn't know nick smokes out?

Wow you must be shocked .....

Shut up already Phone Post
5/21/12 11:35 PM
lormpino

UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 - I think everyone wil know what I think.
I get it Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.