UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Manager: Jones to 'stand up like a man'

5/22/12 11:27 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I would just kind of like to let the fans know to give him a chance. Give yourself a chance to get all the facts in yourselves, wait until everything gets said and done and then at that point if you want to vilify him afterwards and you heard him speak and you heard him say his part and then vilify him, I can’t control what people are going to say. But it is too soon, it is too quick in my opinion. He really is a decent guy, he’s a very, very good guy, trying his hardest to be a good role model, a good example and he wants to be that. No one’s perfect and he’s never said he was and never said that he doesn’t make mistakes. It’s a fact he made a mistake, he messed up and I’m sure he’s going to come out and apologize and do what he’s got to do.”

Kawa also stated that while he has been in constant contact with Jones throughout this situation, he could not confirm that a Facebook post that was made on Monday attributed to the UFC light heavyweight champion actually did come from him.

What he can guarantee however is that Jones will make a public statement when the time is right, and he’s not going to hide from what he did.

“No one’s running from anything, at the end of the day he’s a man, he’s going to stand up like a man, but there’s obviously legal advisors involved, processes involved and he’s just going through it right now. I can promise you that he’s trying his hardest not to stay quiet and not address the concerns, he’d like to,” Kawa stated.

“Obviously in no way shape or form am I or any member of my team or any representative of Jon is making any kind of excuses or condoning any type of behavior. All we’re saying in a nutshell is give us a chance to get everything in, give us a chance to understand everything that happened and everything that’s going on and then we can come out and actually say something that’s intelligent and that can explain things and that people can get their answers in one shot.”

read entire article...

5/22/12 11:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hikikomori
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People always want credit for stuff they're supposed to do.

"I always tell the truth "
"I ain't neva been to jail "
"I have never tested dirty"
"I finish fights! " Phone Post
5/22/12 11:57 AM
sparkyman
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be happy if he concentrates on the fact that he is truly thankful that he didn't hurt anyone else with his antics, rather than concentrating on his wrecked car and the fact that God protected him.
5/22/12 11:58 AM
chesty_1775
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i hope to God he doesnt try to be the victim in all this
5/22/12 12:01 PM
diggity

I thought he behaved with pretty good grace and integrity when he got the shitty DQ against Hammil. No fan of what he did but I'd like to at least gear what he has to say before passing judgement. Phone Post
5/22/12 12:04 PM
pennviachoke
1170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Umm...WUT!? its pretty simple, he drove drunk. End of story, he's no victim he's the villain in this scenario. I agree people make mistakes but it doesn't change the fact that he endangered innocent lives and broke the law. I'm not saying he needs to go to prison or be stripped of his title but there is absolutely no excuse and no reason to wait on the facts of the story(unless he wasn't driving). I know he's the posterboy for ufc now, but if Torres got cut due to tweeting a rape joke line from a TV show/movie then JBJ needs to have some sort of sanction brought down by the UFC. Rape is bad, no doubt, but he could have killed someone...and that's kind of a big deal. Phone Post
5/22/12 12:05 PM
udk

As opposed to "sit down like a woman"? Phone Post
5/22/12 12:07 PM
chawkins
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/22/12 12:09 PM
Kawa also stated that while he has been in constant contact with Jones throughout this situation, he could not confirm that a Facebook post that was made on Monday attributed to the UFC light heavyweight champion actually did come from him.

And the weaseling begins.

That Facebook post was a repugnant affair in which Jones blasted people for criticizing him, then offered some tepid notes of apology. People are put off by it, so now the politician shit starts so he can distance himself from it.

"Oh, uh, I cant verify that the post on Jones Facebook page was Jones"...bullshit. What Malki CAN verify is that nobody bought that post as a legit apology.

i hope to God he doesnt try to be the victim in all this
It's already happening, with the whining about being criticized. Did you read the Facebook post?
5/22/12 12:20 PM
MMALOGIC

in other words...

"We dont have a clue what to say and how to explain this... peace"
5/22/12 12:40 PM
Onnie804yamsaki

My three year old cousin gives better apologies.

And hes acting like the victim and thinks its mean people are condemning him for what he did. Even after all the irony of the situation he fails to see why people arent jumping head over heels to tell him how godly and humble he is.

New to you mr "humble" jones. Us humble folk that arent rich as fuck would be screwed right now. A dui would be a huge deal to us and life changing. We could possibly lose our job and any transportation for a year.

I would never drive drunk but have gotten a driving on suspended for driving once to volunteer at a local shelter. It hugely impacted my life and made me poor as fuck for close to a year. And i didnt blame anyone else.

He put lives in danger and really can not grasp the situational irony it seems.

Also the 16 yr old girl thing sheesh jon. Im 20 yrs old and that would be seen as unacceptable in my family and girlfriends eyes and rightfully so.

People see his real personality more than he would like to think.

FRATTTTTTTTTTTTT
5/22/12 12:47 PM
Mongo Lloyd
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trying his hardest to be a good role model

If this is trying his hardest then call it a complete failure now and aim for a new goal.
5/22/12 12:52 PM
Card
2129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -  in other words...

"We dont have a clue what to say and how to explain this... peace"
lol, It def' sounds like that.
5/22/12 12:53 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/22/12 12:55 PM
BradGluckman
609 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kanodogg2 - 
Hikikomori - People always want credit for stuff they're supposed to do.

I take care of my kids Phone Post

Chris Rock for the win ^^^^^^^^^^^^
5/22/12 1:00 PM
Johnny D
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pennviachoke

"Umm...WUT!? its pretty simple, he drove drunk. End of story, he's no victim he's the villain in this scenario. I agree people make mistakes but it doesn't change the fact that he endangered innocent lives and broke the law. I'm not saying he needs to go to prison or be stripped of his title but there is absolutely no excuse and no reason to wait on the facts of the story(unless he wasn't driving). I know he's the posterboy for ufc now, but if Torres got cut due to tweeting a rape joke line from a TV show/movie then JBJ needs to have some sort of sanction brought down by the UFC. Rape is bad, no doubt, but he could have killed someone...and that's kind of a big deal."

AGREED, AGREED, AGREED, AGREED, A THOUSAND TIMES AGREED !! Phone Post
5/22/12 1:03 PM
ShaqNoob
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a feeling his explanation is going to make people hate him more. Just a feeling...

GOD IS GOOD
5/22/12 1:19 PM
crowbar
776 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/22/12 1:27 PM
Translation: Please don`t judge Jon before we talk to our attorneys & get an opportunity to try & cut a deal with the District Attorney.      
5/22/12 1:32 PM
JosselEmin

JBJ didnt kept his word and screwed real bad , so HATERS are having a big party about it and what's wrong with that LOL
5/22/12 1:38 PM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a real simple explanation for all of this...Someone spiked JBJ's drinks. 
5/22/12 1:42 PM
RandyDarsh
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori - People always want credit for stuff they're supposed to do.

Ok there Chris rock Phone Post
5/22/12 1:46 PM
uberpinscher
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow - this is all such bullshit. I will happily vilify him.

Looking down his nose at everyone, the kids at his gym with no talent (his words), the haters, etc... Yes Jon, you "made a mistake" - that's insanity. Saying you "made a mistake" for something that could have killed innocent people because of his big-headed arrogance that convinced him that it was a god idea to drive while drunk.

A challenger is going to come along and knock his damn head off sooner than later. If it's Dan, then that's good.

5/22/12 1:49 PM
uberpinscher
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously what kind of explanation could there be? "I was feeling extra invincible"? what a stupid, simple-minded, know-it-all douche-bag. Its too bad that an otherwise moronic individual is so gifted in the fight game.

in the very least he could stop the charade because its truly nauseating.

5/22/12 2:01 PM
Flexo
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Theres really no grey area here. He drank, drove, and crashed. He was obviously drunk or he wouldn't have totalled his $300, 000 car. Pretty simple. Its what he does after this mistake that will show who he is. He fucked up, bigtime, but he'll make it better I'm sure. Phone Post
5/22/12 5:43 PM
stonepony

NOPE! JJ is a fake. A despicable human being. He's a black man, pretending to be a good person. Insane. He should go to prison for 20 years. Burn him at the stake. We have to set an example, the next time somebody like him tries to portray themselves as a decent person... It's really unforgivable.

Second chances and civility are only for white people. Just ask any of the haters on here.
5/22/12 5:44 PM
stonepony

uberpinscher - Seriously what kind of explanation could there be? "I was feeling extra invincible"? what a stupid, simple-minded, know-it-all douche-bag. Its too bad that an otherwise moronic individual is so gifted in the fight game.

in the very least he could stop the charade because its truly nauseating.

True. What he needs to do is dump his kids like Rashad, and maybe beat the hell out of a female. Then at least you could respect him for "keeping it real".

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.