UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> Twitter Bootstrap and other layouts

5/22/12 6:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
theseanster
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a fan of bootstrap as a developer because I don't fancy myself much of a designer. I can make an OK looking site from scratch, but bootstrap is pretty damn sweet. Also a huge fan of widgets from jQuery and JQM.

What do you guys use for design/layouts?
5/24/12 12:28 AM
HardHittingHeeb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bootstrap too. Used to like Zurb foundation but was too buggy.

JQM is nice too.
5/25/12 6:50 PM
Titan Ape
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last two rails sites I wrote, I used the bootstrap-sass gem.

https://github.com/thomas-mcdonald/bootstrap-sass

There are only a couple kinks in using a sass converted bootstrap. The first one is if you want to change a global bootstrap variable, you have to do it before you import bootstrap into the file. The other is, it seems that not all of the global variables can be modified. Overal it is a nice fit and is great to get something up and semi presentable in a short amount of time.
6/20/12 11:18 PM
HardHittingHeeb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool info. I love sass and wanted to try this at some point (think there's a railscast about it).
6/23/12 8:49 PM
Titan Ape
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For railscasts, there are two twitter-bootstrap specific videos (1 reg, 1 pro) and a Compass (gem that provides gobs of usefile sass mixins and functions) episode.

You can also get a good look at rails with twitter-bootstrap through Michael Hartl's Ruby on Rails tutorial.

http://ruby.railstutorial.org/ruby-on-rails-tutorial-book?version=3.2#top
11/16/13 10:09 AM
theseanster
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bump for Bootstrap v3

6/9/14 10:44 PM
MarsMan
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theseanster - 

bump for Bootstrap v3

I'm using that in my Django/Python app..

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.