UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> MARVEL HEROES

5/22/12 9:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Augie Max
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

augiemax.com

Marvel has teamed up with Gazillion and Secret Identity Studios to take the MMO category to a completely new level of excitement and engagement, as Marvel Heroes combines action role-playing games with the MMO genre. This first trailer shows gameplay, new heroes and new enemies. Marvel Heroes will be available on PC. Release date TBA.
5/22/12 9:42 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augie Max - Marvel has teamed up with Gazillion and Secret Identity Studios to take the MMO category to a completely new level of excitement and engagement, as Marvel Heroes combines action role-playing games with the MMO genre. This first trailer shows gameplay, new heroes and new enemies. Marvel Heroes will be available on PC. Release date TBA.
Damn, this sounds like its gonna be tight! Phone Post
5/22/12 9:59 PM
Saiga12
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kinda hate the fact you have to play as existing characters. Played Champions and DCUO for a bit and would love to have my own character play in the Marvel Universe.
5/25/12 12:57 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saiga12 - Kinda hate the fact you have to play as existing characters. Played Champions and DCUO for a bit and would love to have my own character play in the Marvel Universe.
What? Phone Post
5/25/12 1:40 PM
Granpa
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saiga12 - Kinda hate the fact you have to play as existing characters. Played Champions and DCUO for a bit and would love to have my own character play in the Marvel Universe.

Agreed. This looks like Marvel Ultimate Aliance MMO. Pass.
5/25/12 7:33 PM
None So Blind
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Granpa - 
Saiga12 - Kinda hate the fact you have to play as existing characters. Played Champions and DCUO for a bit and would love to have my own character play in the Marvel Universe.

Agreed. This looks like Marvel Ultimate Aliance MMO. Pass.

MUA and MUA2 were solid games and sold well.

MUA3 (if single player) would likely do even better, if properly set up connected to the Avengers movie.

A MUA MMO - meh, MMO development is where many, many companies go to die...congratulations on fucking up a decent franchise.
5/25/12 11:48 PM
MarkRobinson
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive never really played one of these MMO games before. I played City of Heroes for a couple days at a friends house but they never really seem to interest me much.

Id like to get into this but only if it was available on 360. 

It looks a lot like the MUA series. playing as set characters seems kinda drab. i imagine seeing 50 hulks and 50 wolverines a game. 
9/5/12 1:27 PM
Augie Max
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

augiemax.com
10/13/12 6:33 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com

10/24/12 9:41 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com

MARVEL HEROES: RECIPLE FOR SUCCESS 
A hero for every occasion.

by Ryan Clements OCTOBER 24, 2012 | IGN.com

Marvel Heroes is an unusual and fascinating project. It fuses the thrill of top-down RPGs with the social engagement of an MMO. It marries the vast Marvel universe with the character collectability that makes League of Legends so addicting. And at the summit stands David Brevik, a principal creator of Diablo I and II, dispensing all the loot and unlockable powers with a wave of his hands. These strange yet symbiotic relationships culminate into a singular experience teeming with potential, especially when you consider just how many characters are planned for the roster... and what that means for the end game.

The opening of Marvel Heroes depicts an incident on the Raft, a Marvel prison for supervillains. Hydra agents pour into the installation, weapons blazing, as S.H.I.E.L.D. attempts to stop inmates from escaping. This chaos sets the stage for the first quest in Marvel Heroes and a startling number of choices.

Playing Marvel Heroes is like playing other click-heavy RPGs -- Diablo being an easy example. You fight, cast spells, earn loot, and unlock new powers while earning a steady trickle of experience. When I first sat down to play Marvel Heroes, I selected Storm and very quickly immersed myself in a dance of lightning and thunder. Hydra agents crumpled before the savage onslaught of Ms. Munroe. During the demonstration Brevik noted that a quick button press would prompt a character change. That's when things got really interesting.

The hero selection panel that folded out from the side of the screen had a number of famous names and faces emblazoned across the display, including Iron Man, the Thing, Scarlet Witch, and the Hulk. But the enormity of this list wasn't the result of the heroes peering at me with masked eyes -- it was all the empty slots beneath them
Pages upon pages of slots filled the character selection panel, promising dozens of superheroes from across the Marvel universe. While this interface was by no means final, Brevik noted that his team's goal was to offer a huge selection, akin to the robust roster found in League of Legends.

Imagine how much time you spend powering up a class in Diablo II. Unlocking skills, reaching the level cap, and finding top-notch equipment takes a tremendous amount of time -- and there were only five classes in Diablo II (withtwo more added in the expansion). Marvel Heroes, by comparison, already has more than 20 heroes revealed for the roster. And that's just the beginning. With so many heroes at your disposal, you can expect to pour a whole lot of your life into Marvel Heroes if you want to see it all.

Read More at IGN.com

1/31/13 7:28 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com
2/22/13 8:01 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.