UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hardy fighting to validate Fertitta decision

5/23/12 3:57 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

People have been released from their UFC contract after a single loss. Two is common, and after three losses, virtually everyone is gone. But in a testament to the fan-friendly style of Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy, after four losses, ZUFFA CEO Lorenzo Fertitta has kept him on the roster, tweeting "    "Will not cut @danhardymma I like guys that WAR!!!" after his Aug. UFC on Versus 5 loss to Chris Lytle.

Saturday night he fights Duane "Bang" Ludwig, who faces a a similar win or go circumstance.

In an interview on The MMA Hour, Hardy said he wanted to fight for Fertitta.

"Now, I am not only fighting for myself and for my family, but I'm also fighting to kind of validate (Fertitta's) decision. I know he took a lot of heat for that and there is a small pocket of fans out there that demand people are cut after three losses and I was honored for him to speak out for me and say that.

"One thing I will always do for the UFC and for the fans is how up and fight. I think that is one thing Lorenzo respects about me that I'll always give it everything I got.

"And Lorenzo is a great guy. He is a very down to earth guy and he genuinely loves the sport and he's a huge fan himself.

"So for him to want to keep me around for at least one more fight is an honor and it means that I'm not only fighting for myself now, but I'm also fighting for his decision and for my new team, as well."

Read entire article...

mmahour on livestream.com. Broadcast Live Free

5/23/12 4:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Jay Edz
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fair play to him. Phone Post
5/23/12 4:28 PM
BaraoKix
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The chances of losing this many fights in a row are pretty slim, if he cant beat Ludwig- after ALL of those loses, there isnt any need for him in UFC

Future BAMMA fighter, for years to come- imo
5/23/12 4:30 PM
jjj2121

Where is this warring Lorenzo spoke of?  He did nothing on offense against GSP, nothing against Condit, nothing against Rumble, and was shooting takedowns on Chris Lytle after being ineffective on the feet.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but when's the last "war" Dan Hardy has been in?
5/23/12 4:39 PM
Hikikomori
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hardy also trains at a super duper secret Gym with Lorenzo. There's a lot riding on this fight.

Expect to see Hardy attempt to use his BJJ in this fight.
5/23/12 4:40 PM
The Real Asian Cowboy
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He said he is fighting for his new team. What team does he fight for now if not with Rough House?
5/23/12 4:42 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This shouldn't be win or go home for Bang. Phone Post
5/23/12 4:47 PM
newjack900
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/23/12 4:47 PM
Cool to see Hardy showing how humbled & respectful he was & continues to be over Fertitta's actions to help him out.
5/23/12 5:16 PM
3rdLion
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Real Asian Cowboy - He said he is fighting for his new team. What team does he fight for now if not with Rough House?

He moved to Vegas permanently for his last couple of fights and was training on and off with Roy Nelson and now I think he's training with Frank Mir and Forrest, wherever they train.
5/23/12 6:09 PM
easy_v
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 -  Where is this warring Lorenzo spoke of?  He did nothing on offense against GSP, nothing against Condit, nothing against Rumble, and was shooting takedowns on Chris Lytle after being ineffective on the feet.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but when's the last "war" Dan Hardy has been in?

You dont think the fight with Lytle was a war? That was a great fucking fight! Mental. And by "ineffective", I take it you mean "had him rocked".
5/23/12 6:10 PM
Kings for the Cup
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Hardy wasn't such a nice guy I'd be pissed he's still under contract. UFC did the same thing with Joe Daddy cause these guys always bring it. Phone Post
5/23/12 7:22 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -
Kings for the Cup -  If Hardy wasn't such a nice guy I'd be pissed he's still under contract. UFC did the same thing with Joe Daddy cause these guys always bring it. Phone Post

and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that. There are so many UFC cards the more name I recognize the better. Even if he loses you remember the person who beat him. Peronsaly I wouldn't be upset if Dan lost and was still kept on if it was a close & exciting fight. It's not like he's being gifted title shots. Why would anyone care if he's fun to watch? 
Thing is he's not that fun to watch - a mediocre striker who doesn't finish fights are a dime a dozen I'm afraid.

It's his personality, his passport, his friendship to the fertitta's and his Mohawk that are keeping him employed at this stage. Phone Post
5/23/12 7:24 PM
jjj2121

FedorEmilioEstevez - 
duckhuntgangsta -
Kings for the Cup -  If Hardy wasn't such a nice guy I'd be pissed he's still under contract. UFC did the same thing with Joe Daddy cause these guys always bring it. Phone Post

and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that. There are so many UFC cards the more name I recognize the better. Even if he loses you remember the person who beat him. Peronsaly I wouldn't be upset if Dan lost and was still kept on if it was a close & exciting fight. It's not like he's being gifted title shots. Why would anyone care if he's fun to watch? 
Thing is he's not that fun to watch - a mediocre striker who doesn't finish fights are a dime a dozen I'm afraid.

It's his personality, his passport, his friendship to the fertitta's and his Mohawk that are keeping him employed at this stage. Phone Post

Someday somebody is going to explain to me where the myth of Dan Hardy being a super exciting banger got started.  For the life of me I can't figure it out.
5/23/12 7:44 PM
rampageforpresident

hardy brings it. hope he can get the w
5/23/12 7:53 PM
Neil McCauley

hardy seems like a real cool down to earth cat and now that the the uk troll team is not hyping him beyond belief, im starting to become a bit of a fan. Great interview with ariel. bang seems like a bad matchup though. Hardy better be shooting takedowns.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.