UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Vegetable Garden.

5/24/12 11:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lionheart80
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just moved back to Hawaii and was wondering if any of you Hawaiians grow your own vegetables. I'm starting a little garden and was looking for some ideas. What are the best fruits or vegetables to grow? When is the best time to plant certain things? or does anyone know a website that would be helpful? Thanks in advance.
5/25/12 4:07 AM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a big corn and some small peas that i keep in my tent
5/25/12 4:13 AM
FCTV808
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chinese vegetables grow well here and taste great!
5/25/12 2:34 PM
Lionheart80
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just got some eggplant, tomato, okra, and squash from my neighbor. Gonna plant them this weekend! Phone Post
5/25/12 4:05 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the past I grew Chinese peas, string beans and corn in my yard.

HOLY HELL......a few rows produced a lot!

Growing corn was was the coolest, shit went straight onto the grill after a short soak in salted water, husk and all. Charred the husk and it steamed inside.....BOOM!

String beans is also a winner, add a little SPAM or haunch of wild calf/pig/goat and fry.....CHEEEHOO!

I would have tried eggplant, but my neighbors were farmers and had acres of it and would leave me a bagful every so often.....YUM!
5/25/12 6:14 PM
JIMMYNAKS
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good prep for when the grid falls
5/27/12 5:57 PM
Moke
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After the grid falls you'll have to defend your veggie garden as though you have a yard full of swollen ready to harvest pot plants.
5/28/12 12:22 AM
alewaboy52
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tomato does great, my family went a couple years without purchasing a single tomato from the store during my youth

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.