UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mayhem's back against the wall

5/25/12 4:08 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Despite a cable TV following from his MTV series "Bully Beatdown," over 200,000 "Mayhem monkeys" following him on Twitter, a stint as coach on the previous season of "The Ultimate Fighter" and a slot fighting on the televised undercard of Saturday’s UFC 146 in Las Vegas, Jason "Mayhem" Miller is a man with his back against the wall.

Fanfare surrounded Miller as he entered the UFC last year. The promotion cast him against perennial antagonist Michael Bisping as coaches on their flagship reality show. The show itself came off well for both. 3.5 million viewers tuned in to the Bisping-Miller fight on the TUF 14 finale.

As soon as Miller stepped into the cage however, his value to the UFC plummeted. Mayhem gassed early in the fight against Bisping and spent the next two rounds being used as a punching bag, before being finished off by punches in the third.

White tore into Miller, calling his performance, "the weirdest thing I have ever seen in my life," and comparing Miller's stand-up to "girls from Tae Bo." White openly wondered whether Miller would return to the UFC.

White eventually relented and gave Miller one more chance.

In true "Mayhem" fashion he has gleefully told the media that, "I am looking past CB Dolloway, because I am going to beat him."

The only way for Miller now to get UFC fans to believe the hype is to have his hand raised against Dollaway, or at the very least, put on a Fight of the Night-worthy performance. Because for all his colourful quotes, no one knows more than Miller that an unimpressive performance Saturday night will mean a pink slip from Dana.

Read entire article...

5/25/12 4:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EvilMaster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Say hello to my little friend!
I hope Jason comes out and mops the octagon with Dolloway's face piece!

Go Mayhem!!

#.666
5/25/12 4:26 PM
Lahzerous
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick his ass sea bass!
5/25/12 6:01 PM
un3rgr0und

I hope Mayhem worked on how to throw a punch...his last fight was really quite pathetic
5/25/12 6:12 PM
SoupCan
760 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always will be a fan....

Even though I have no #..... Monkeys unite!!!! Phone Post
5/25/12 6:15 PM
imablackbeltatlife

Mayhem by whatever way he wants.
5/25/12 6:27 PM
xsrg95
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GO Mayhem! Phone Post
5/25/12 6:34 PM
swany

Will not beat dolloway , will get cut
5/25/12 6:34 PM
Baby Monkey Guard

Get him Mayhem.. But DONT DROP YER FUCKING HANDS AND TAKE BOMBS THIS TIME!
Frustrating seeing you just laydown like that, we want you in the UFC. Phone Post
5/25/12 6:36 PM
JUSTIN KASE

imablackbeltatlife - Mayhem by whatever way he wants.
Did you happen to catch his last fight? Phone Post
5/25/12 6:41 PM
JerodR
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfortunately Mayhems last fight was obviously did not show what he is capable of. Hopefully he has his act together for this one. Of course I am not a CB fan at all.
5/25/12 6:42 PM
8flat
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to imagine him calling out Nick Diaz back in the Strike Force days....my God...he'd get wrecked.

Hope he beats Dolloway though, I'd like to see him stick around.
5/25/12 8:21 PM
jacktripper

Personally I think he's funny but that last fight was worst case scenario Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.