UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> Weapon Retention DVD???

5/25/12 4:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jasonbaldy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interested in a dvd that focuses on weapons retention and have not found anything worthwhile. Does anyone have any suggestions?
5/28/12 6:38 AM
gutterfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ISR!

DVD 5 - Weapons: retaining, countering, and creating options
Some of the material covered:
- The Cradle: against all grips, the primary and fundamental tactic to retain the firearm and remain active
- The Peel: secondary but essential counter to insure firearm retention
- Cradle, Lock & Lift: use of deadly force while retaining weapon
- The 2
6/3/12 2:14 PM
FJJ828
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another good resource is WARTAC / Richard Nance's "Keep Your Piece" DVD from Paladin Press.

While I don't agree with all of Rich's ideas, he does have some really good material and it does cover a variety of positions and scenarios. I enjoyed watching the DVD as a whole.

and of course, the videos from the ISR Matrix.... but I am kind of biased.
11/23/12 3:45 PM
buddie
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Chuck Habermehl's DVDs, although the DVD is not focused solely on weapon retention, I love his approach. Ultimate Officer survival. It is an excellent ACT video IMO. Although it has almost 0 production value, it is still one of my favorite DVDs even counting other high production training videos.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.