UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Thats why we wanted mark hunt

5/27/12 12:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Burl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really don't see how anybody is arguing with this.
5/27/12 12:26 AM
tkdjr1186

rockwell -
tkdjr1186 -  You're fucking retarded if you think Mark Hunt could have done any better

How could he have done worse?
By landing less strikes?
By failing on more TD attempts?

LOL @ this.

Everyone with half an ounce of analytical skill could see exactly how JDS/Mir was going down.
The only surprise to me was that JDS ran out of time in the 1st rd to stop him.
Where in my post did I say he would be worse? Nowhere, I'm saying it wouldn't have been much different. JDS is a monster Phone Post
5/27/12 12:27 AM
Neil McCauley

- Mirs only chance to win was to take junior down.

- junior had shown much better takedown defense then mir has shown takedowns

= easy win for junior.

How did everyone not get it? Do you people not watch the fights?
5/27/12 12:29 AM
Neil Funk

fuck that dumb ass Mark Hunt bullshit

the man who fought Junior was the man who deserved it, and that's the way it should be. Not sentimental fights that could fuck the whole division.
5/27/12 12:30 AM
Neil McCauley

The man who presents the best stylistic chance at beating the champion deserves the shot. There is nothing sentimental about it.
5/27/12 12:33 AM
The Kangaroo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SlightlyStoopid -  Mccorkle beat up Hunt. JDS would drink his Milkshake. Phone Post

Have you ever heard "styles make fights"? Mccorkle is a ground fighter.

JDS v Hunt would have been a standup war.

Mir didnt have a shot because he was never going to get a takedown.
5/27/12 12:34 AM
rockwell
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tkdjr1186 - 
rockwell -
tkdjr1186 -  You're fucking retarded if you think Mark Hunt could have done any better

How could he have done worse?
By landing less strikes?
By failing on more TD attempts?

LOL @ this.

Everyone with half an ounce of analytical skill could see exactly how JDS/Mir was going down.
The only surprise to me was that JDS ran out of time in the 1st rd to stop him.
Where in my post did I say he would be worse? Nowhere, I'm saying it wouldn't have been much different. JDS is a monster Phone Post
So a guy with a way better chin and way better kickboxing, who has won a K-1 GP, wouldn't have done any better in what was effectively a kickboxing match????

What planet do you people come from?

5/27/12 12:35 AM
JustPeed
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed. Hunt wont off flopped over when JDS backed off. Phone Post
5/27/12 12:38 AM
Neil McCauley

This is what I said prefight...

Neil McCauley - ^gonzaga is a better grappler then mir and when he put JDS on his back, JDS popped back up instantly.

Werdum is the better grappler, not only in jiu jitsu, but judo/wrestling and he was starched before even getting a chance at a takedown.

Carwin is a better wrestler then mir and i believe he got 1 takedown and Junior got 2 on him?

Cain was also starched before even getting a chance to take JDS down.

Frank mir could not even take down the ghost of mirko cro cop and was nearly unconscious from the ghost of nog.

Frank mir would lose 95 + times out a 100 to JDS. Maybe even those 5 would be giving frank too much credit.

Did you guys not know any of this before hand?
5/27/12 12:55 AM
Haulport

So many losers on the UG nowadays.

Don't know a god damned thing.

Yeah, Mark Hunt has NOTHING for JDS on the feet like Frank who has no fucking takedowns.

Frank got steamrolled AGAIN. Unless Junior took Hunt down and subbed him (I don't think Junior has attempted to take done in the UFC) it would have been a great, fun fight.

Instead it was a walk thru for JDS..................just like we predicted.

And all the dipshits, who will never relent in their ignorance, just run around and say "The same thing would have happened to Hunt" not knowing a fucking thing about the man's skills...............JESUS................
5/27/12 1:00 AM
Haulport

Neil McCauley - This is what I said prefight...
Neil McCauley - ^gonzaga is a better grappler then mir and when he put JDS on his back, JDS popped back up instantly.

Werdum is the better grappler, not only in jiu jitsu, but judo/wrestling and he was starched before even getting a chance at a takedown.

Carwin is a better wrestler then mir and i believe he got 1 takedown and Junior got 2 on him?

Cain was also starched before even getting a chance to take JDS down.

Frank mir could not even take down the ghost of mirko cro cop and was nearly unconscious from the ghost of nog.

Frank mir would lose 95 + times out a 100 to JDS. Maybe even those 5 would be giving frank too much credit.
Did you guys not know any of this before hand?
Neil, none of these dogs know a god damned thing about MMA.

They are fucking pre-programmed drones who fill the streets and do and think exactly what "the people in charge" tell them to.

- Put yourself in credit card debt
- Buy a house you can't afford
- Hate the other political party with a blind, illogical fiery hate
- Don't question anything or you are a heretic

Sheeple. Plains and simple.
5/27/12 1:04 AM
Tankhead
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tro11o1o1o1o1
5/27/12 1:06 AM
orcus

Neil McCauley - 
orcus - lol @ mir having anything to offer. At least with hunt, JDS had to be wary of the standup or be forced to take the fight out of his comfort zone.

fixed that for you buddy.

lol @ JDS being uncomfortable on the ground with Mark Hunt. Or having to be wary of the standup for that matter, Hunt couldn't even KO a 204lb Wanderlei and got KTFO by one jab from the 185lb Manhoef. Can't wait to hear the excuses about why K-1 striking lost the standup yet again if this fight ever actually happens.
5/27/12 1:07 AM
Neil McCauley

agreed on all fronts haulport.
5/27/12 1:08 AM
orcus

(I don't think Junior has attempted to take done in the UFC)

He took down Carwin with a perfect double.
5/27/12 1:09 AM
orcus

Neil, none of these dogs know a god damned thing about MMA.

They are fucking pre-programmed drones who fill the streets and do and think exactly what "the people in charge" tell them to.

- Put yourself in credit card debt
- Buy a house you can't afford
- Hate the other political party with a blind, illogical fiery hate
- Don't question anything or you are a heretic

Sheeple. Plains and simple.

If ever a post called for a "lol wut".
5/27/12 1:11 AM
rockwell
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -
Neil McCauley - 
orcus - lol @ mir having anything to offer. At least with hunt, JDS had to be wary of the standup or be forced to take the fight out of his comfort zone.

lol @ JDS being uncomfortable on the ground with Mark Hunt. Or having to be wary of the standup for that matter, Hunt couldn't even KO a 204lb Wanderlei and got KTFO by one jab from the 185lb Manhoef. Can't wait to hear the excuses about why K-1 striking lost the standup yet again if this fight ever actually happens.
You think Hunt poses no more threat on the feet than Mir?

You are an idiot. Phone Post
5/27/12 1:13 AM
Haulport

orcus - 
Neil McCauley - 
Lol @ your revisionist and completely prespectiveless history you dope.

Wandy was a BEAST back then and used a dynamic game against Hunt. You act like Wandy was some fucking Chump, you asshole.

And Hunt didn't a SHIT about fighting when he took on Manhoef , who happens to be one of the hardest hitters in all of MMA/K-1. And it wasn't a jab. He walked right into a HUGE punch.

Your stupid schtick is already about 3 years old.................

Please stfu already and gtfo out of here with your stupid shit
5/27/12 1:16 AM
rufus

I like these threads because they expose all the trolls and let me know who I should just ignore. Like the OP, haulport, etc... Phone Post
5/27/12 1:19 AM
Kanabull

tkdjr1186 - You're fucking retarded if you think Mark Hunt could have done any better. Fuck I hate the UG on fight nights. Phone Post
How could he have done any worse? Phone Post
5/27/12 1:19 AM
Kanabull

tkdjr1186 - You're fucking retarded if you think Mark Hunt could have done any better. Fuck I hate the UG on fight nights. Phone Post
How could he have done any worse? Phone Post
5/27/12 1:21 AM
Haulport

rufus -  I like these threads because they expose all the trolls and let me know who I should just ignore. Like the OP, haulport, etc... Phone Post
You've been a member since 2003 and it took you this long to figure out you don't like what I have to say?

No wonder you don't agree with me.................
5/27/12 1:21 AM
Neil McCauley

orcus - 
Neil McCauley - 

here is the manhoef vs hunt fight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf9U0quIrB8

Manhoef lands a left hook followed by a right straight, then follows it up with 4 more punches on the ground. I know it may be hard to tell the difference between those 2 punches and a jab when youve never trained a day in your life, but i am always happy to give a quick striking lesson.

Its also a bit disingenuous to call manhoef a middlweight when hes beaten some huge guys guys in k1 (like the last bonjasky fight which he was robbed in). Although its not shocking, considering you call dan henderson a "40 year old Middlweight" to degrade fedor.

I also never said JDS would be uncomfortabe on the ground with hunt, its just that standup is his comfort zone, so taking the fight to the ground would be fighting outside of it.
5/27/12 1:25 AM
Neil McCauley

rufus - I like these threads because they expose all the trolls and let me know who I should just ignore. Like the OP, haulport, etc...

and its posters like you that reaffirm the notion that there will be money to be made betting on mma for many years to come.
5/27/12 1:40 AM
rufus

. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.