UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palheres: I was sick, but it's not an excuse

5/30/12 1:23 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I couldn’t do anything, I was too sick. I don’t really wanna talk about it so it doesn’t sound like an excuse and I’m not taking back his credits”, says the fighter. “That’s only going to strengthen me and I’ll become a champion”.

During the fight, the Brazilian insisted on a heel hook, but couldn’t get the finish and was knocked out right after his frustrated attempts.

“When you get it (the position), you gotta really get it. I tried to repeat it, but I was gassing off, I was not strong enough. It wasn’t my day, literally. I was dead, I couldn’t move”, he said.

read entire article...

5/30/12 1:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its not an excuse?

Ok cool. Phone Post
5/30/12 1:38 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belcher's sub defense was sick
5/30/12 1:39 PM
Ram Rod
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wahhhhhhhh!!! Phone Post
5/30/12 1:40 PM
TheGilbs
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not making excuses but here's my excuse Phone Post
Granpa
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A Brazilian fighter making an excuse after a loss and saying it's not an excuse. The hell you say!
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how the excuse is always followed by a negation of it....

5/30/12 1:44 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm surprised to hear a Brazilian admit that his specialty sub is so strength dependent.
5/30/12 1:45 PM
T Bag
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's my excuse but it's not an excuse
5/30/12 1:45 PM
T Bag

Pride Rules -  i think he just cant take getting punched, in a wayyy worse way than lesnar.

look what happened when nate hit him on the ground, he just gave up and waited for the tko

Nate greased brah
5/30/12 1:46 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it's not an excuse, don't bring it up at all
5/30/12 1:46 PM
Dandikus
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/30/12 1:57 PM
Need a blue!<br />http://s15.postimage.org/ck2pjv0i1/palharas.jpg
5/30/12 1:49 PM
NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimonos Revenge - If it's not an excuse, don't bring it up at all
^that Phone Post
5/30/12 1:58 PM
pennviachoke
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheGilbs - I'm not making excuses but here's my excuse Phone Post
Pretty much...that Mississippi boy whooped that ass! Deal with it, Palhares isn't champ material. Phone Post
5/30/12 2:05 PM
Jacinto
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know he isn't making excuses because all Brazilian fighters have the Aura of the Samurai and would never do such a thing.
5/30/12 2:39 PM
Filo_Beto

This is one guy that I have to say may be telling the truth. He usually doesn't not get the tap when he rolls into a heel hook. Belcher almost made it look easy and palhares has submitted many high level black belts before.
5/30/12 2:47 PM
KC007

T Bag -
Pride Rules -  i think he just cant take getting punched, in a wayyy worse way than lesnar.

look what happened when nate hit him on the ground, he just gave up and waited for the tko

Nate greased brah
You must've forgotten the part where Herb Dean, a commissioner and Palhares' manager checked Nate for grease and cleared him. Phone Post
5/30/12 3:09 PM
SQUIRREL Master
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

basically what he is saying is he gassed so hard tryin not to get put in a twister and tryin to get the heel hook that he got sick
5/30/12 3:25 PM
SnapLocally
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/30/12 3:25 PM
What was he sick with?

Even a guy with diarrhea can finish a fight with a triangle.  Gotta look for your advantages.
5/30/12 3:44 PM
newjack900
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the new way of just coming out and saying there was an excuse why a fighter loses or didn't perform the way they should have. 'This isnt an excuse, but going into that fight I was ________' It reminds me of that Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry gets pist because people donate $ to charity under 'anonymous' & then tell a few people so everybody knows who 'anonymous' is. They want people to know there was an excuse while also wanting to win people over for not making an excuse. I think it would be best left unsaid if you didn't want to float excuses out there.
5/30/12 3:57 PM
ranier wolfcastle
955 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/30/12 4:02 PM
InYourMomaCloset
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/30/12 4:03 PM
 I don't know....

It kind of makes sense.

He started real strong, then just kind of gave up.

Hendo pounded on him pretty good in their bout but he never gave it up just like that.
Can't really use the Marquart fight as an example cause when Nate hit him with the first pounding shot he totally caught him flush and knocked him for six.

It looked strange to me how he just kind of lay on his back got pounded on like that.

I'd rather think it's just an excuse cause I was delighted to see someone (Belcher) actually stave off that knee cracking maniacs attempt at breaking his leg.

But Harris's next bout will be interesting.

REAL interesting....

5/30/12 4:21 PM
PrettyBoy
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Granpa - A Brazilian fighter making an excuse after a loss and saying it's not an excuse. The hell you say!
Lol Phone Post
5/30/12 4:22 PM
Ray Cappa

apparently in brazil it's not taboo to make excuses. they the world's best at it.
5/30/12 5:38 PM
UGCTT_Creepy'sMustache
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -  
Lol bravo sir Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.