UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cruz discusses injury, TUF experience

5/30/12 1:26 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

5/30/12 2:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Smoldy
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both being kinda douchey! Ariel asking a cpl dumb questions, and Cruz being an ass and letting him push his buttons. Oh well, I would still like to fuck both of em at the same time Phone Post
5/30/12 2:47 PM
Bentleysuper8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a dumb question. Wasn't it Koshchek who said he didn't give a shit about the fights on the show he was just there to beat GSP? Ariel is just doing his job. I like Cruz but but he was a bit of a dick there.
5/30/12 2:53 PM
goku

ariel is not just donig his job...first he implies cruz is not really injured, then he adds insult to injury...yes, ariel was joking, but he always makes these personal, shit-talking jokes that the fighters obviously dont like...i dont hes friendly with them...if he was just doing his job, he would just ask straight questions
5/30/12 3:32 PM
misterw
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what a stupid way to start an interview -- questioning if cruz is really hurt.
5/31/12 2:47 AM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think Ariel is an awesome journalist and interviewer.
5/31/12 3:18 AM
BIGFOOTinMyMouth

Edited: 05/31/12 3:18 AM
I don't think he was insinuating that. I tore my ACL and people were amazed at the shit I continued doing. I tore mine skiing and was able to ski off the mountain down a black diamond run. Maybe he could have phrased it better but Cruz could have taken it better and actually explain the injury to the public who may not know what it's like to tear an ACL. Watching it again it sort of makes me think Cruz is being a bit of a bitter dick. If you can't handle simple interview questions maybe you should avoid the press.

I will agree that Ariel should have abandoned the "how do you feel" line of questioning when Cruz started to get pissy.
5/31/12 3:19 AM
GambitGuard
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Reinhardt - i think Ariel is an awesome journalist and interviewer.

But you must admit, opening up the interview like that was pretty rude.
5/31/12 11:54 AM
decu68
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariel likes to push some buttons and asks some hard questions that people want to hear; but he can be annoying at times. And Cruz is just Cruz, that is his personality and thought he did well in the interview.

Most people don't understand an ACL injury. Yes it does hurt initially when he is severed and the stability is not there however as you condition it and strengthen the knee you are able to run on it however sharp movements and also being kicked there does become painful; know it well. Was almost a year before I had my surgery and I even competed in a no-gi BJJ match; 8 fights. Wore my gi pants to keep my neoprene knee brace hidden and did tap to a knee bar early before anything worse could happen. Hope Cruz recovers quickly.
5/31/12 12:01 PM
goku

BIGFOOTinMyMouth - I don't think he was insinuating that. I tore my ACL and people were amazed at the shit I continued doing. I tore mine skiing and was able to ski off the mountain down a black diamond run. Maybe he could have phrased it better but Cruz could have taken it better and actually explain the injury to the public who may not know what it's like to tear an ACL. Watching it again it sort of makes me think Cruz is being a bit of a bitter dick. If you can't handle simple interview questions maybe you should avoid the press.

I will agree that Ariel should have abandoned the "how do you feel" line of questioning when Cruz started to get pissy.

he was insinuating that...he was joking, but its not like hes friends with these fighters, so why not just do your job..go check out his interviews, he often starts out with some type of shit-taking joke like "why r u ducking me" or "why didnt u invite me" or stupid stuff like that...maybe hes just trying to break the ice but the fighters obviously dont like it...

he also stirs the pot..he will ask one fighter a leading question that is phrased a particular way so that the fighter will talk shit about his opponent, then he will turn around and tell his opponent the fighter is talking shit about him...

for example, on one show he had barnett on and then cormier immediately after..ariel asked josh a very leading question, something to the effect of "dont u think cormier is too inexperienced to handle u"...josh kind of side stepped it and replied more diplomatically, but when cormier was on next ariel was like "josh thinks your are too inexperienced to handle him"...total dick move
5/31/12 12:45 PM
StratTone
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I totally agree. Ariel does an awesome job. I believe he was just playing. His pokes were opened ended on purpose from what I can see, leaving that opening for the rebound comeback. Just looked a little like Cruz didn't want to play and like a good person you can see Ariel change tactics after a few tries.

People need to look deaper into a situation sometimes and see that and interviewer only has a few seconds to guage a fighters mood and go after the questions to get what the people want to hear and be entertaining. Ususally and interviewer would start off with feeler questions just to guage how to steer the interview. Good job Ariel.
5/31/12 1:21 PM
StratTone
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I totally agree. Ariel does an awesome job. I believe he was just playing. His pokes were opened ended on purpose from what I can see, leaving that opening for the rebound comeback. Just looked a little like Cruz didn't want to play and like a good person you can see Ariel change tactics after a few tries.

People need to look deaper into a situation sometimes and see that and interviewer only has a few seconds to guage a fighters mood and go after the questions to get what the people want to hear and be entertaining. Ususally and interviewer would start off with feeler questions just to guage how to steer the interview. Good job Ariel.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.