UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How to tie your shoes one handed

6/4/12 5:01 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Undefeated professional MMA fighter Nick Newell goes over how to tie your shoes one handed with special guest Dakota.

Nick’s boyhood hero was Jim Abbott, the professional baseball pitcher with one hand. Nick met Abbott when he was a little boy and remembered what that meant to him.

In a recent video, Newell teaches a young boy with one arm how to tie his shoes.

“I was the only kid I knew that had one hand,” said Nick. “I didn’t know anyone else. I was just kind of thrown out there and told to go out there and just be a boy and go get dirty like everybody else. That’s what I did. I’m determined to succeed. I’m not going to let anything stop me from getting to where I want to go.”

“A lot of people ask me what it’s like fighting with one hand. I’m like, what’s it like fighting with two hands? I just don’t know. This is natural and its how I’ve always been and just like anyone else who plays sports. It just so happens that I’m good at one.”

6/4/12 6:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kirik
1664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
 Nick Newell couldn't be cooler :-)
6/4/12 7:12 PM
J_Swift
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I grew up playing baseball and basketball with a guy who had only one hand. Very inspirational guy. Phone Post
6/4/12 9:28 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -  Nick Newell couldn't be cooler :-)

And cuter!  I have a new MMA crush!
6/4/12 9:40 PM
JK3420
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And a fine last name to boot! Phone Post
6/4/12 9:41 PM
crescentwrench
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just when you thought you couldn't like a guy more. Phone Post
6/4/12 11:05 PM
einhornisfinkle
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

203 -   Train by day, Tie shoes all night.   All day.  
6/5/12 9:47 PM
CaptainChaos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No doubt, Nick Newell is the man. Just be careful about hanging out with him- he'll invite you and your room mate out for ice cream, and next thing you know it's 4 a.m. and you're in a pool the next state over, watching said roomie and another pro fighter try to bang a couple of fat chicks. Be warned.
6/6/12 9:02 PM
Galanis
714 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.